Grow plot found.

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by GanjFarmer', Apr 23, 2013.

1. You're right. I just fucked up and jumped the gun on this one. But still it would be a waste to throw out the plant.

I was walking around my neighborhood tonight and followed this trail. The trail brought me to this strip mall that's not far from me. I walked behind the strip mall to go home and saw this field that I've never saw before in all my time living in this area. It's a semi large field that's between two large businesses. It has grass about 1 1/2 feet tall and I figure that they'll only get longer in the summer.

I thought about planting there and LSTing and what not. At this point i know I fucked up and jumped the gun, so I figure I might as well try. If it gets found then oh well I suppose I lost a bag seed plant. It happens. How does this sound to you?

Also obviously I would only be working at late night/early morning.

2. Sounds like a plausible grow. Things to take into consideration though. You can probably only visit this spot at night being near two businesses producing high foot traffic. Also grass fields show trails very easy when you walk through them, especially having to check your plants weekly. Plan on growing on one of the far edges of the field away from everything. Do this and you should be alright. Good luck man.

3. Yeah when I was checking out earlier its a flat field that dips down a slight hill then ends. I was thinking of planting around that hill and use that small hill to my advantage for cover. As far as the trails in the grass I figure if I'm careful to not trample through the grass I should be okay. Also take different entrances and exits. As far as smell the only people going through that area is the occasional car behind the building but I doubt that should be a problem smell wise. Idk hopefully it all works out!

Also I don't want it to big so I plan on fimming and LSTing. But I kind of want to keep it in a pot to restrict massive growth. Right now it's in a 16 oz cup and when I put it in the field I want it in its final pot with the pit in the ground. Any idea what size pot would be good? I know if I let it a monster could grow there because it will get a fulls day sun. There would be absolutely no time in the day it would get shade.

4. A 5 to 10 gallon smart pot would be perfect for you.

Also check the area for dog shit, I have a similar field just outside my neighborhood and people love walking their dogs in open fields.

5. I didn't think of looking for dog shit. Good idea. Tonight when the sun goes down I may walk through it slowly and just make it look like I'm walking through if anybody were to see me. And really? I don't want to go to small and get root bound but I don't want it too big. Ugh. I would go in ground but idk how well LST will work on an Inground plant. I wouldn't know where to attach the strings and stuff.

6. If you want a bigger pot just dig a small hole and put the pot halfway in so you can LST still and your plant will be lower to the ground making it more concealed.

7. True. I think I might go with a 15 gallon just to be safe and LST the shit out of it

8. Welcome to Guerilla growing friend

9. :rolleyes: Sorry that is a horrible idea. You should really sit down and think about this some more. Your rushing and coming up with horrendous ideas.... A field? between two businesses? with 1.5 foot tall grass.....

Everything about that sounds horrible and a good way to get caught. All it takes is one person to wander through the field (which you did) and come across it, notify your local LEO and they can wait to see who comes back.
    Grass will probably be cut. You need to be in the woods man. Find a spot that takes you an hour to walk to from any direction.

You seem to think if someone finds the plant they will just rip it out and ignore it. Most areas would blow this out of proportion especially, in a non medical state. They would probably wait for you to return and arrest you.

As for pot size it depends how big you want the yield to be. Smart pots are a good option and they come in all different sizes. From a half gallon to a thousand gallon pots.
    To give you an idea,
    I am using 200's, 300's and 400 gallon smart pots with my outdoor garden. I plan on getting 10+ per plant.

But, really it's plain and simple... If you don't have a good, safe spot to grow, then don't grow at all.

10. 10+ ounces? Or pounds?

11. Who would grow outdoors for close to a half lb per plant in cali? 200-400 gal pots means he's aiming for several lbs. As long as he starts early 7-12 lbs isn't out of range at all.

12. Haha sorry. I admit I'm a total noob. That's pretty amazing though!

13. I met a nor cali grower a few months back that pulled 12-15 a plant. When a dispencary was going to open he brought up 80 lbs to donate and was talking to the boss about how much extra meds he was willing to cut loose with. Guy must of had at least 500 lbs drying, it was nuts. He gave us all samples of each strain he had, or at least which strains he was going to donate and it was probably over a half lb. The shop never opened as what it was going to be, so I kind of felt bad that the guy gave away that much for nothing, but sounded like he wouldn't be missing that much weight anyway. You can def do amazing things in the outdoor if you put in the work.

14. this has worked for me before...find an undeveloped brushy tangled lot... thats for sale commercial, next to a developed commercial area... without any residential nieghborhoods bordering(kids exploring). plant your ganja with a backdrop of larger brushy stuff in the lot for sale. this calls for total night ops to be safe...don't use a car to visit your grow but rather a cheap mt. bike ...visit the site between 3am-5am only. the hard part is hydration...study old GC grow journals for how to stealth the plant with natural dead-fall materials on the site. Hope this helps!

15. True. I was just in a mode where I was trying to find any spot possible. I went back into the woods and found another spot. You basically follow a trail for about half an hour than make a left while the trail goes straight. Once you make that left its about a 45 minute hike up and over the mountain. The terrain up the mountain is basically a bunch of falling rocks. I almost fell a couple times. Sound good?

16. There are plently of wooded areas near you that are not "hours" away, you just need to look around and become more familiar with them because most likely somebody else knows those woods and theres no way around that. Just spend an entire day looking around, once the plant is growing you won't believe how well it will blend it. There's always risks but the better your spot the less likely somebody finds it

17. Yes you can spend hours walking miles into the woods finding a spot that's safe because not many people generally venture that deep into the forest.

But some places don't have that so you have to deal with smaller woods and more close quarter growing. If you know that area well enough you can see where people go and don't go.

For instance more people will go walk in a local forest than say a vacant lot that's for sale. If you know the area well enough try thinking outside the box. Everyone knows about growing deep in the woods but no one is expecting a stealth grow in the back of vacant lots as stated before.

Go snooping around your town looking for a secluded spot with little to no foot traffic.

18. #38 Ausweed, Apr 28, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2013
    I am 100% with you. Mate you need to take everyone's advice and travel way off the beaten track.....this field bullshit is just that....bullshit.

No offence mate with the number of posts you have i was of the impression that you were very experienced , but with what your considering I now doubt your experience at all.

Think long and hard; you will get caught!

19. No offence brother but your name says it all.

Are you guys not thinking or what??? A vacant lot for sale?!? What like no-one will come to look at the plot?!? Kids don't play there; people don't walk there?!?

What happened to your own backyard?!? If you can't hide a grow in your own backyard then don't even try a guerrilla grow; you will most likely get caught.

20. POUNDS. lol
    10 ounces would be a very big waste of time.... I get about that indoors in 5-7 gallon pots.
    Outdoors I prefer 15 ft trees that yield 7-12+ ounces depending on pot size.
    I have a few 100 gallon pots that if they get filled will probably yield 5 or more lbs.

Yes, that is very common in these mountains way up north.

Well shit like that will get you caught. I honestly think you have not done enough research. There is ton's available on this site and elsewhere. Google is your friend.
    How do you plan on getting a bunch of soil up there if you were falling? Something to think about... What about water?
    I hope your growing a VERY mold resistant strain or you will loose your crop to PM. Your location is not really ideal.... especially without a greenhouse where you can control the climate.

This spot sounds like a better idea then the last :rolleyes: Find it on google earth. See what it looks like from the sky. See if there is other access to that area, that you didn't know about.

It doesn't really sound like you know your woods to well. I suggest bringing GPS if venturing deep. Yes, people do get lost in the woods. :cool: