Grow plot found.

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by GanjFarmer', Apr 23, 2013.

1. So I've been hiking up in these woods for a log time and I've had this spot picked out for awhile for my Guerilla Grow. There has never been any sign of human interaction in those woods..until today. :(

I went hiking up to my spot to check it out to make sure everything is still good before I bring my plant up there and when I get there, I see 3 water bottles and a Dutch wrapper. Fuck. This is literally the only woods in my area unless I want to drive hours. Can't do indoors either due to my living situation. Fuck. Now I have a healthy seedling and have nowhere to put it. :(

Any ideas? I thought about my backyard but its pretty open and even with a super small plant i would feel sketched.

2. as long as it's nt on ur property, plant it wherever is least susceptible to being found. worst case scenario, someone chops it down. not on ur property, it's not urs.

3. Okay see the thing is I wouldn't know where to put it. I live in a semi urban area. I mean if I REALLY wanted to, I could do some ninja shit and plant somewhere that isn't ideal but the same time out of sight ya know? Only thing that worries me is smell. It's bag seed so I don't know genetics.

4. i would say dont give up your plot unless it was really close to were u wana plant. Dutch Wrap? probly smoking a blunt in the woods. maybe doing the same thing your doing. my point is you still gotta plant there if theres no were else better. that or dont plant at all. but if you dont plant at all then you Deffinatly wont get a harvest.

5. The Dutch wrap was at my spot. I would look for another spot in the same woods. But I remember when I was 15 I would smoke a blunt in the woods with friends and walk around exploring. I know at that age if I would've saw a plant I would've taken it no doubt.

6. True but my point is all you can do is pick you best option even if you know they will probly be taken. the only thing worse than that is not planting at all. all u can do is take what u got and improvise.

7. think about this

that's not only an inconvenience, but it means it's much more likely you'll get busted/ripped since there's more people coming thru there than a normal area due to the lack of alternatives

8. True, I get what you're saying. I might go back tomorrow and check things out again. If worst comes to worst and I have to plant in a less than desirable location, does anybody here have any experience with urban growing.

9. i concur. if u don't plant it u will never know if that was a good spot or not. if there is no other option then plant it. if you can't do it without possible negative affects, probably not a good idea to grow at all. i say plant it though.

10. About how far do you think one plant would smell? And how strong? Obviously you can only guess because we don't know my genetics and why not but I'm fine with guesses.

11. don't think anybody would if ur talking just one plant. maybe if the wind direction was directed at a person standing relatively close to it. at that point they would see it b4 smelling probably.

12. Okay. But could the smell of one small plant be written as somebody smoking by the person who smelled it?

13. probably safe to assume that. but u never know

14. As a fellow pa grower I'm in tune with urban grows. More then likely they aren't gonna be back unless like previously said they are trying to find a spot also. I use to walk in woods to smoke all the time when I was young but rarely did I ever walk to the same spot twice. Was normally just once to check the spot out. When in urban setting, look for wooded areas near businesses that are only open in the day, after 5 nobody's around.

As for your current spot, take something of low value up to there and leave it lay..... If it goes missing u know somebody came back and it prob safe to say they will again. If the go there a lot try to scare em away like they are on your property lol works but some people will try to fight so be careful

15. Nice to see a fellow Pa grower. I'm over here I'm Berks. But anyways I'm thinking that it could be because its getting warmer out. Once it gets warmer out kids go into the woods to get high. I'm just thinking of ditching those woods and trying to do some ninja urban grow shit. Ugh I don't know what the fuck to do.

16. Definitely sounds like some younger teens smoking a bleez in the woods, brings back memories :smoke:

Don't kill the plants bro that's such a waste, especially if they are feminized.

I have an idea for you though. Try finding a high grass spot next to a wood line that has the East or West in front and back of the spot so you have full sun. Dig a small hole about 1ft inside the tall grass.

That is your best bet if you cannot find a briar patch or swampy spot within the area you are looking to grow in.

If you use my idea, when you dig the grass out try and dig at an angle so you can replant the grass around your plant so there's not a hole in the grass patch. If the grass is taller than your plant use scissors and trim some stalks down. Doing this should make your plant blend in very well.

Along with topping and LST'ing this is honestly your best option.

Good Luck

17. No high grass areas around here unfortunately. That's a good idea though.

18. Stick to the woods. But, you have to go much farther off the beaten path. If some kids stumbled upon it, just going on a hike and smoking a blunt that is a bad spot. You need something much deeper in the woods. Far away from roads. It should take you a while to hike there. Your in Pennsylvania... there are lot's of wooded areas.

As for the comment on the smell of a plant being written off as someone smoking.... Not going to happen. Fresh, growing marijuana smells much different then smoked marijuana.

19. I see. Like I said these are the only woods in my area unless I drive hours which for obvious reasons interferes with normal everyday life. I suppose I could just walk farther up in those woods and see what I can find.

And thanks for the smell comment, helped me out.

20. #20 s0calt0ker, Apr 24, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 24, 2013
    I'm sorry but, if you can't find a better spot that is not traveled I don't think your ready to do the grow. Finding a safe spot is number one. There is lot's of info out there about picking a spot.
    You should need to hike over an hour (off the beaten trail) to get to your plot. If not, don't expect the plant to make it until harvest. Besides, more importantly the less "rural" the spot is, the higher chance of getting caught.

As for the smell, you can definitely get away with a plant in your back yard. Just make a nice vegi, flower garden and hide a plant or two throughout the garden. Plant some lavender and other plants with a nice smell. I know people in your part of the country that do 1-15 plant grows in their back yard. They have neighbors too. They just hide it in their garden.