Scotch

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by M3ssenger, Apr 23, 2013.

1. Scotch is a whiskey, but whiskey can't be a scotch.

I love a good scotch, and I prefer highlands, its cheap and robust. What's your favorite 10-20 year scotch for under $100?

If not scotch, what's a good aged liqueur for $50-100?

I am thinking of investing in a crystal bottle and glass set, along with a few bottles of liqueur. Any suggestions?

2. I prefer brandy, and cognac in particular, personally. Nothing beats a nice bottle of Remy Martin XO imo, but I'm too poor to buy anything but the small ones usually. :(

You can prob find a full-sized bottle for $150-200, depending where you are.

3. I am jealous of people who can enjoy sipping on a quality liquor. But I can't because the high alcohol content burns my throat and makes me gag.

So instead I drink beer.

4. Anyone appreciate a good scotch? Let me know what's your favorite for under $100

Bumping this bc im planning to buy some pretty soon

5. Talisker, Lagavulin and Laphroaig are a couple that are well known for their quality. I don't drink whiskey that often, but I don't mind a nice single malt on occasion. Can't go wrong with others like Glenmorangie, Glenfiddich, Highland Park, and Glengoyne as well.

That's pretty much the extent of my knowledge. If your looking for the highest quality though, look out for bottles that are around the 15-30 year old mark:smoke:

6. That's exactly what I was looking for, thank you.

7. Never had scotch, i like whiskey and some cognacs mostly. Id like to try some but theyre too damn expensive usually

8. if you want a real whiskey.......get you some FOUR ROSES.... prepare to get a loan though..

but WORTH IT.

9. Lagavulin is delicious, I highly recommend it. The 16-year is well below $100. I love the Islay scotches and their tasty smokey flavor.

If you aren't into the Islay scotches, you can go for Bowmore. It's a highland scotch. I've only had the 28-year but the bottle was $130 so I'm sure you could find a younger batch within your price range.

10. beat me to johnny walker. i throw in green label and blue as well......then also a bottle of jack

11. I see you live in NorCal, beautiful there.
    Are you near the emerald triangle?
    I live in bourbon country, Jim Beam, Makers Mark, Four Roses, Heaven Hill, and several more I can't recall, are all made and stored within an hour of where I live.
    Makes for a great motorcycle ride.

12. Blegh!!

Johnnie Walker Black doesn't even compare to the single malts that were mentioned earlier. Blends just aren't the same.

And then for somebody to come into this thread and dirty it with Jack....OH THE HUMANITY!!!! :cry:

13. I know it's more then 100$ I think it's around 2; but Johnny walker blue label is so fucking smooth. It's just mad expansive :(

14. Ballantine's Finest....yea i drink cheap scotch and 0 fucks are given

15. Love me some Glenlivet when I can afford it.

16. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ISmgOrhELXs]one bourbon one scotch one beer - YouTube[/ame]

17. [quote name='"lightnup"']I see you live in NorCal, beautiful there.
    Are you near the emerald triangle?
    I live in bourbon country, Jim Beam, Makers Mark, Four Roses, Heaven Hill, and several more I can't recall, are all made and stored within an hour of where I live.
    Makes for a great motorcycle ride.[/quote]

Im in the emerald triangle buddy ;)

18. I drink mostly Bourbon; anything from Buffalo Trace: Elmer T. Lee, George T. Stagg etc. If I am drinking Scotch it's Johnnie Blue (given as a gift). A relative died and left me a case of some old scotch from the 60's, I looked them up on line, and they're more then $100: Balvenie, Macallan are a few others. I'm the poor one in my family, and I'm sick; so, everyone feels bad for me and buys me good presents, or when they die, they leave me good stuff. One relative gave me about 25 pre-ban Cuban cigars. Not to be insensitive, It really helps ease the pain, of loosing someone, if they leave you alcohol, tobacco or some other smoking material.

19. Johnny fuckin walker.