Grasscity Cannabis Strain Index

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by joey fats, Apr 23, 2013.

1. #21 patriofarmer, May 6, 2013
    Last edited: May 6, 2013
    Strain: Chronic
    Breeder: Serious Seeds
    Sex: Fem
    Days of 12/12: 65
    Taste: C Nearly non existent. This strain is not bred for flavor imo. Slight hint of raisins? Kind of a generic taste
    Smell: C Once again not a strong smelling strain either. Rotten fruit and slightly skunky.
    Potency: B Pretty damn strong. Strong body buzz but not day ending. Great daytime smoke.
    Problems:Bugs,Mold,Etc None
    Setup: Lights, Tents, Grow style, Etc. 250 watt hps
    Yield: A+ Larger plant vegged 2-3 weeks in 2 gallon container almost 2 ounces. Rooted clone in 3/4 gallon container over and ounce. Definitely a heavy yielder, not that dense, just monstrous.
    Overall Quality: B If your looking for a heavy yielding dependable smoke this is the strain for you. Real problem is otherwise flavor, and smell are below par. I've been using it to mix with other more flavorful strains, it kicks ass in a blend.
    Medium Used: Organic water only soil
    Grower Experience in Years: 20+years
    A link to the grow journal: N/A
    Best nugshot:

[​IMG]

I know the quality of this pic sucks, but it shows how much a rooted clone in the smallest container I've found to be suitable can yield. There is plenty of buds behind the main cola, and its leaning away from me. The picture just doesn't do it justice, but I suck at taking focused pictures.

Lets get some reports flowing, great job Joe. Plenty more reviews to come.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Strain: Auto Mazar
    Breeder: Dutch Passions
    Sex: Auto
    Days of 12/12: Autoflower on 20/4 90 days sprout to chop.
    Taste: (A) Mango and afghan.
    Smell: (B+) Mango mixed with hash. Nose tickle
    Potency: (B+) Very potent for an auto.
    Problems:Bugs,Mold,Etc Strong grower. All 3 seeds were vigorous and similar. No mold or bugs issue
    Setup: Lights, Tents, Grow style, Etc. 210w CFL with 2700k and 240 watts LED
    Yield: About 50 grams a plant
    Overall Quality: Grew three autos just to try them. Ak48, Auto Mazar and Smurf Berry. This was my favorite though the Ak48 was a little more potent. This had denser buds and better flavor. Potency was in the upper teens Im sure. No slouch.
    Medium Used: Soil
    Grower Experience in Years: 10
    A link to the grow journal: NA
    Best nugshot:

[​IMG]
    Comments : Great auto to grow. Similar to Afhgani. Stabilized reliable strain.

3. :hello::hello::hello: GREAT JOB!! AND AN AUTOFLOWER TO BOOT:cool::cool:

4. #24 greenbowlpacker, May 7, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: May 8, 2013
    Strain: Heavy Duty Fruity
    Breeder: TH Seeds
    Sex: Regular
    Days of 12/12: 69 :ey:
    Taste: (A) Very Fruity
    Smell: (A++++) Stinkiest plant I have come across the smell stings your eyes after a while.
    Potency: (A) Great mix of body and head high being 50/50 indica/sativa
    Problems:Bugs,Mold,Etc Buds getting to big falling over and stinky smell
    Setup: Lights, Tents, Grow style, Etc. 400w hps
    Yield: 6 ounces in 5 gallons bucket soil.
    Overall Quality: Some of the best bud I have grown. Smoke to much and dont plan on going in public. The yield is amazing on this. I let it go a little longer to get more amber but could have been cut at 8 weeks. If your growing for yield and strength this is my number 1. To stinky for me didnt have carbon filter at the time but amazing strain.
    Medium Used: Fox Farms Ocean Forest Soil
    Grower Experience in Years: 7
    Best nugshot:
    [​IMG]

5. #25 GoldGrower, May 8, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: May 13, 2014
    Strain: Lowryder#2
    Breeder: Joint Doctor
    Sex: Regular
    Days of 12/12: (auto) 18/6, hatch to harvest in 70 days
    Taste: ( C ) pine and lemons, clear, crisp, refreshing
    Smell: ( C ) same as above
    Potency: ( B ) very strong, uplifting, energetic
    Problems:Bugs,Mold,Etc None
    Setup: Lights, Tents, Grow style, Etc. 21 plants under 2x 125w CFLs, each plant in a 5" square pot
    Yield: ( C ) pretty good, above average, about 40grams per lamp
    Overall Quality: ( B ) trichome production is great, very strong potency, certainly in my top 10 favorite strains
    Medium Used: soil, in 5" pots
    Grower Experience in Years: 20years
    Best nugshot: [​IMG]
    Comments: I have been breeding lowryder#2 for about 8 years now and I love this strain, very potent and good yield. I normally grow these with very small pots, stunting them but it's worth it being able to fit so many in the grow box. if you grow just a few plants then they will very much benefit from bigger pots, up to about 15 litres, but they get huge so you will need the height, my box is pretty short

6. Strain:White Widow
    Breeder: Seedsmen
    Sex: Feminized
    Days of 12/12: 77
    Taste: Mild sort of fruity
    Smell: Strong rotten fruit odor with a little skunkiness
    Potency: Really strong, I don't smoke it during the day
    Problems:Mag deficiency and Bud Rot
    Setup: 4 plant SCROG in a 3x3 tent/600 watt HPS
    Yield: 9oz (would have been 10ish had the bud rot not hit)
    Overall Quality: 9 (would have been 10 with a stronger taste)
    Medium Used: 2x2 E&F tray/GH nute line
    Grower Experience in Years: 3
    A link to the grow journal: 600watt HPS E&F White Widow
    Comments: Both issues I had with this grow were 100% my fault, these plant's were easy to grow. I was really happy with the yield, and quality for my first hydro/hps grow. I can't wait to grow this strain again!
    Best nugshot: [​IMG]
    Comments:

• Like Like x 2

7. lol. what makes sense to some doesnt make sense to others...but that does make sense to me...but i dont want to change something unless it is crucial. it is hard enough to get everyone on the same page...i dont need to toss a lil wrench in the deal.

thanks for your suggestions:hello::smoke:

keep em coming. i know this thread can be improved, i just don't know how.

8. Great thread Joe..
    The grow mods all agree...a sticky it should be.....

:)

9. Yes sir!

10. Thanks YODA! I hope we can keep this organized and have it be a useful resource to many here in the city. I got a NYPD, Ortega, sour d and shiva skunk from my last grow to report back on.

Funny, i first posted the 3 strains that turned out really well, subliminally, i didn't report the 3 strains that were not quite as good.

this thread is about all strains and all experiences. and it is just as important for us to take the time to do a report on the ones that didnt turn out so good. as this report could save a fellow blade $$$ and time...and so on...:wave:

11. Amen to that! its nice to show off some sweet hearts but whats good/bad for some is different for others. as we look at both the positive and negative aspects of the growing experiences shared we can formulate better ideas of how an individual strain will preform in our own parameters.

on another thought I could easily do two reports on a strain, one as a "from seed" and one as a "from clone" or maybe just put the info in there in the SEX blank by adding "clone" or "reg seed" or "fem seed".

I have seen many seed plant produce an ok plant but then the clones blow up awesome as hell and look like a totally different plant. Every genetic reacts differently with maturity, some will drop 10 days off the flowering time, some purps wont go purple till cloned....crazy stuff.

anyway...awesome thread Joe, very clean, tastefull. I'll see if I can get a few folks to pop their IRG gear up, I love to see reports, even if its a rough one.

12. Strain: MI5
    Breeder: Short Stuff Seeds
    Sex: Fem
    Days of 12/12: 70-90
    Taste: De
    Smell: . B+ I have grow 15+ of these plants and depending on the pheno they can have a wildberry skittles smell(my favorite) or Piney/Pinneapple
    Potency: A+ Very potent good mix of sativa and indica leaning a little more head high. Very Euphoric high with giggles. Long lasting high as well. Ending with being hungry enough to eat everything in your kitchen.
    Yield: B Depends on the pheno but some are larger yeilding then others but I have yielded 2+ oz on some plants.
    Overall Quality: A If you are looking for a auto for outdoor or indoor you cant go wrong. My favorite autoflowering strain. I just ordered a 10 pack of seeds to breed some of my own outdoors this summer. Its the only auto I grow. Highly Recommended!
    Medium Used: Hempy bucket and Soil
    Grower Experience in Years: 7 years
    Best nugshot:

Outdoor
    [​IMG]
    Indoor
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  13. #33 tyroneshoes, May 11, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: May 11, 2013
    Strain: Ak48 (ak47 x lowryder 2)
    Breeder: Sagarmatha Seeds
    Sex: Auto
    Days of 12/12: Autoflower on 20/4 95 days sprout to chop.
    Taste: (C) Pine
    Smell: (C) Feint smell. A bit of pine.
    Potency: (A) The most potent auto I grew. Thc 18%+
    Problems:Bugs,Mold,Etc One seed didnt pop. More leafy than the other autos I tried (auto mazar, smurfberry)
    Setup: Lights, Tents, Grow style, Etc. 210w CFL with 2700k and 240 watts LED
    Yield: Only had one of these growing and got 45 grams after curing.
    Overall Quality: Knock you on the ass potent. Great trich development. Weak on the smell and taste.
    Medium Used: Soil
    Grower Experience in Years: 10
    Best nugshot:
    [​IMG]
    Comments : A serious one hit auto. Just not my fav due to structure and smell/taste. Way too long from seed to harvest by Auto standards.

Attached Files:

14. Wow! lots of autos being grown. surprises me a little, but they all look sooo good!! i never would have thought...:hello::smoke:

15. The quality of the autos surprised me too.

In process:
    Dutch Passions - White Widow
    Feminized seeds - Og Kush x Black Domina
    Barneys - Liberty Haze
    Paradise seeds - Sensi Star

Just wanted to experiment with the autos. Back to SOG

16. #36 Tailz, May 12, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: May 12, 2013
    Strain: ice bomb
    Breeder: bomb seeds
    Sex: fem
    Days of 12/12: 60
    Taste: B sweet almost vanilla taste
    Smell: C kinda dull till broken up then, cat piss
    Potency: B- decent
    Problems:Bugs,Mold,Etc NONE
    Setup: closet 10x3, light mover, 1000w hps/mh, fabric pots, fans
    Yield: 4 plants 1 lbs
    Overall Quality: was satisfied, feel like a few more days would have been a major gamechanger for this strain
    Medium Used: coco
    Grower Experience in Years: 1st indoor, 3 yrs outdoor
    A link to the grow journal: http://forum.grasscity.com/indoor-grow-journals/1137010-1st-grow-ice-bomb.html
    Best nugshot:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. #37 Sticky b, May 12, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: May 13, 2013
    Strain: Grapefruit badass
    Breeder: Ice river gear (G45)
    Sex: regular seeds
    Days of 12/12: 73, Ten for stretch, 63 for flower
    Taste: A
    Smell: A
    Potency: A
    Problems:Bugs,Mold,Etc: Aggressive growth in early flower/ stretch phase, plant yellows early.
    I had two phenos, they have similar smell,taste,and high but one is smaller with different bud structure
    Setup: Lights, Tents, Grow style, Etc.: 800w (600 hps/ 200 cfl) 4x4 grow cabinet in my garage
    Yield: A
    Overall Quality:A
    Medium Used: Water only organic soil
    Grower Experience in Years: 3
    A link to the grow journal: In my Sig but I don't update often
    Best nugshot:
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    And pheno #2
    [​IMG]
    Comments: Very large colas with a grapefruit smell that is quickly followed by a strong astringent smell, smooth smoke with a nice citrus taste. The high is on another level. I have a very high tolerance and this stuff hit me hard. No couch lock, plenty of pep in my step, just not sure where the hell it is I'm going or wtf I'm doing. But with the euphoric high who gives a shit right? Long lasting, 3+ hours.

18. #38 joey fats, May 12, 2013
    pretty lofty praise with those grades!! You sure A+ for everything...i mean ive smoked it a number of times and ime it wouldnt have gotten that good of a grade. I would ask you to be relative sticky, and reasonable, and if you rerally believe this strain has earned that high of praise, in all those categories, fine, but i ask you to re-evaluate the grades and give the gfba a fair grade based on all comparable criteria at ur disposal and in ur memory. Great grow tho and gfba is a great smoke with awesome flavor and taste.
    i promise gman just wants factual data recording with honest authors and constructive criticism.

19. #39 jakesterjammin, May 13, 2013
    Strain: Sensi Star
    Breeder: Paradise Seeds
    Sex: Feminized
    Days of Veg: 25
    Days of Flowering: 63
    Taste: C
    Smell: B
    Potency: A

Setup: Several different methods used before I discontinued the strain..
    This plant below was grown with a 3x3 tent - 600w Digtal MH/HPS - Cooltube - 400cfm Blower - Hydro Innovation blower control - 5gal Bubble Bucket..

Overall Quality: A
    The taste and smell was real fuely, it was not over powering, until it came to the Indica hit it gave you... This strain put me down more then once, and when I say put me down, I mean just that.... The headrush was so strong, it would flat blank me out, and after the first time, I made sure I was sitting before taking a few good hits... Then it was PURE SOFA LOCK for at least an hour and then you really did not want to get up.... lol

Medium Used: hydroton/Water/Nutrients (DIY bubble bucket with a Whisper 40 air pump)
    Yield: 18.8 Oz dry and cured with a 25 day veg
    Problems:Total magnesium hog and I was having to double my normal doses..
    Grower Experiance: 23yrs and non stop...

Grow journal: Most of the strains which I grow, you won't see no "grow journal" for them...
    I do post have a journal for 1 of my chambers http://forum.grasscity.com/hydropon...2-jakes-medical-grow-matrix-reloaded-152.html
    But it's not for this pretty plant... ;)

Best nugshot:
    [​IMG]

Just a little about my background and my setups.....
    I'm a hydroponic grower because of the yields I can get over soil or soilless mediums...
    Most of my setups are around 2400w and covers a 4 x 8 areas giving me 75w per square foot...
    ALL my chambers are under my complete control, meaning if I want to raise or drop temps or humidity, I can....
    In mid summer if I wanted to run the low 70s in my chambers, I can....
    I do not like to stick to one growing method, and the system is selected according to strain and nutrient line being used...
    Also Co2 is used, but not all the time, and then at different times with different strains..

I hope that I did this right :eek:

:wave:

• Like Like x 1
  20. #40 joey fats, May 13, 2013
    Great Job Sticky!! Thanks to you and g45 for givin us a look at her. I can attest to the gfba being an amazing strain of the grapefruityest taste and aroma and a potent high for a sativa leaning cross. I tried to grow her once. a friend gave me a clone...i grew it out for 2 months to find out it was a boy.

gotta love trading clones with breeders...lmao g45