OldDoobie's Retro "HEAD" Shoppe

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by OldDoobie, Apr 22, 2013.

1. #1 OldDoobie, Apr 22, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 10, 2013
    [​IMG]

2. I'll take this seat over here next to the milk and cookies :)

Peace :wave:

3. #3 JakalopeIVXX, Apr 22, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 22, 2013
    :wave:

I'll take the seat next to the bong and grinder :D

4. I'll fire this joint and take this chair over here.. :smoking:

5. Hey Guys :wave::wave::wave:

Looks like I will FINALLY be Growing some WEED :):):)

I am so Excited (and kinda Nervous Too) :D:D:D

First step is Crackin the seeds I got from Attitude, I goin with 4 Feminized Vision Seeds Northern Lights

Do you guys do the glass of water method or what ?

Later :wave::wave::wave:

6. #6 Just_X, Apr 22, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 22, 2013
    Heya olddoobie, thanks for the invite. Lets get this place to Rockin':metal:
    hmmmm, now wheres my hashpipe. Gotta get tuned in ya know.;)

edit: I go straight into soil, but soaking for a day then into soil is aight too.

7. You got this! No reason to be nervous.

Northern lights seems like it would be great for starters.

The best success I have had so far is direct to soil in my mini SIP. I have done on with soaking until the ban sinks then into soil with a heat mat and the least successful is doing the paper towel trick but I think they were to wet. About half sprouted and the other half rotted. I think the key is heat around 75-80 with good moisture (like a well rung it sponge) and they will sprout. I think in the spirit of LITFA straight to soil is best. All things in place and you don't have to worry about breaking the tap root when planting in soil. Soaking for 24 hours may help some but the difference is negligible in my opinion.

8. I use the paper towel and bag method but Ive done all.
    just pick one your comfortable with and sprout those beans
    NL is a great classic

9. Everyone should grow their own, and everyone should share.

10. Straight into soil for me. Like HB I used the sip this time (perlite tray) and it was awesome...no worrying about keeping it moist ;) Whatever method you choose, DON'T use a dome. Heating mats are great if it's cold in your grow room, but domes promote mold and fungus.

I'm EXCITED for you!!!!! :)

11. I think I'll be taking this seat over h-

Fuck! I just tripped on your damn loose floorboard and broke my ankle. Better hope you have homeowners insurance.

12. I'm glad you were patient with the KIS soil Doobie, and I'm glad it's finally here. Can you give me a quick rundown on what you're running for light again?

J

13. Never mind - I just saw above that its a 600w. My bad. You moisten those seeds yet already? Lol

J

14. We need pictures! Preferably of plants :)

Hope your having a groovy day.

15. I love nl great smoke and I got a local cut of NL#5 thats a huge producer.

16. Whats up Mr Doobie :wave:. Im ready to see ya get it going and NL sounds like a great strain to kick things off.

I do ALOT more cloning than seed germing but my seeds are typically done by soaking for up to 2 days then straight into soil soon as I get a tap root. So far so good

17. Don't worry HH, I put the soil in the smartpots tonight, letting it warm up in the room (running the 600 w MH)

Gonna have to buy some distilled water to get started.... Still have to deal with the Chloromine problem :confused:

Tomorrow is the day man !! :hello::hello::hello:

Does anyone think it is better to just go right in the big pots instead of small cups? (I did grab a few 1 gallon smart pots if that is better)

I read something about the roots shooting straight down in the big pots and sayin it was better that way??

Hi DDD, so nice of you to stop by :):):)

Speaking of cloning, I have 2 sad plants that I was given that were under a CFL, as soon as I put them under my MH the tops started growin their asses off :D

The node distance was like 4 inches from the CFL (on the bottom 3/4 of the plant) now its like a half inch between nodes....

You can see all the new growth that happened in like 5 days

Should I just stake it to support it, OR cut the top off and clone it to start over?

I feel like they were orphans dropped at my door :(:(:(

I was told they think it is "THC Bomb"

The left picture is the day I got it, the right picture is tonight

You can see on the left how the plant looks kinda "droopy", that's cause it took a ride in a car for an hour in a "shopping bag" getting it to my house :(:(:(
    (I am going to re pot it as soon as you guys tell me not to try and clone it)

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

18. First congrats on the gifted girls. The tops can clone but not as well as the bottom branching. Also I only start my kids in solo cps to make it easier to ensure the soil is just right, not to dry not to moist. Bigger pots make that more difficult.

19. #19 noob_wannaB, Apr 23, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 23, 2013
    I'm far from an expert, but that stem looks pretty weak....if it were mine I'd cut the healthy tip off and make it a clone. That stem imo isn't going to support much more growth, and staking it MIGHT work, but a fan is needed to make it stronger.
    Again, it's just what I would do.

HB, what you said about the bottom of a plant being better for clones is true...but not at this stage I don't think. Mainly applies to older plants with woody stems. Again...just my opinion :D

added: taking the tip is also going to cause more growth from the original on the sides....just might get TWO healthy plants out of the deal ;)

Added again ;) : I'm a member of the step up club as well (start small, TP a couple of times). I think it does a plant good to get a fresh start every now and again...gives em a kick in the pants ;)

20. I've had good results using SG1 method of frequent transplants.. start small and work up.. let them get just a tad root bound between transplants.. that dose of fresh soil does a nice kick start every time.. kick up a pot size about every 10-15 days.. To big a pot to soon stays wet as the plant doesn't have any roots yet to use all that water.. tends to overwater.. just my 3 cents worth.. As to your new girls.. if the stems limber enough maybe a W shape LST.. coat hangers and duct tape time.. haha ..good luck with the new girls.. happy growing..