Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Any way to extract keif from grinder?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by SolidBud, Apr 21, 2013.

1. Okay so i have a little metal grinder only a 2 part is there any way to get the keif out other than scraping with like a knife?

2. freeze it and dump it all out

3. it'll all just fall out?

4. People need to go to their local chemist and buy a shit load of isopropyl alcohol. It is the magic liquid when it comes to weed.

Run your piece, grinder, what have you through iso and let it sit and evaporate. You will be left with QWISO. Scrape, smoke, and enjoy.

You're welcome.

5. get an airbush and use a light air pressure

6. Explain this in further detail.

7. I'd just run it through some isopropyl. Easiest and likely the most efficient method.

8. #8 TheSchism, Apr 22, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 22, 2013
    You aren't even the OP? But alright.

Purchase 99% Isopropyl alcohol. The higher the percentage the better. Take anything that you feel may have THC on it - a piece, a grinder, stems, or even bud if you want to get serious. Preferably not all at once.

Get some sort of container and put it in there with the alcohol. Shake it all up for a minute or so. Then, depending if you want to filter more organic stuff out - run the liquid through coffee filters. Put this liquid onto some sort of flat dish. Let the alcohol evaporate, and you will be left with the THC that was absorbed by the alcohol.

Scrape it with a razor blade - and smoke it. Best to put it on top of bud.

I don't know why I took the time to explain that when there are dozens of threads that already say the exact same thing - probably with pictures.

9. My local chemist went out of business, is there anywhere else I can get it?:smoke:

10. Thanks for saving me time so I didn't have to write this myself. :D

11. #11 TheSchism, Apr 22, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 22, 2013
    Well my life changed the day I started using Iso. So whoever I can help.. spread the word

Not sure if you are being sarcastic because I called it a chemist... but a pharmacy? Maybe a grocery store? Hell, I don't know. Anywhere they sell medical stuff.

12. Any high proof vodka will also work!

13. #13 Shizmot, Apr 22, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 22, 2013
    99% ISO is illegal in some states i think so you might have to get a lower % too.

14. I lol'd. You have got to be kidding me...

15. Walmart sells it, any pharmacy will have it, most grocery stores etc. I got %91 at walmart and made it into %99 with a simple process, saved me about two bucks.

16. shit I wish. Back when I was looking into making qwiso with some trim I had I read that some states don't sell higher percentages. Go figure the government has to have an iron grip on everything.

17. howd u make it 99?

18. That's a waste. Now if you used whiskey it might at least alter the flavor know what I'm saying homie?

19. I don't think Granny is a 'homie' haha.

20. Is it healthy to smoke something that is cleaned with ISO? Like if I cleaned my grinder with it, and the kief was on a dish, and dried. Is there any negative effects?