WWxBB Continued. 125w CFL PC grow.

Discussion in 'Micro Grows' started by RnSG420, Apr 19, 2013.

1. Im starting a new thread since im swapping my micro grow into a new box. I started with a nightstand but things didnt work out so i hooked up a nice PC, Rosewill case, 125w feliz 2700k flower bulb, i was supposed to get the dual spectrum but they sent the wrong bulb, dont really have time to send it back but whatever. Anyways i put my girl in 24hrs of darkness last night, the lights will come on in a few hrs and i will update with pics of her then. Here are some pics of my pc.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Sorry for the big ass pics, not sure how to reduce the size.

3. what kind of bulb is that? im working on building my own soon I posted a question on a threat but maybe you can help?

Alright so ive been doing alot of research and im finally gathering my supplies to get started

I plan on starting out with a pc grow box, eventually moving into a mini fridge growbox. then when ill have both, ill use the pc grow box for clones and the mini fridge for flowering.

My questions is this, for right now until i get the mini fridge set up i plan on growing on the pc grow box.

Ive read that 25wats per plants is okay, so 2-3 CFLs normally works good. Is that the best way to go about it?

Im willing to spend money any suggestions?

4. 25 watts will grow you a joint

5. I dont think 25w will be enough, 2-3cfls at 25w a piece maybe. I personally wouldnt use any less than 100w per plant. I could be wrong though, i have only done a few indoor grows and this is my first cfl grow. I like to use the rays of the sun for my ladies. But i guess you never know till you try it out, A couple people told me that the 5500k bulbs wont work well for veg but i used 4 of them and i saw no difference. She is coming along fine, here are some pics of her as of now, i started lst last night, lmk what you guys think.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. Very nice indeed. I just got a 125 dual spectrum today which I hope to fit tonight. Will be watching with interest.

7. I was surprised how little heat is generated from these big ass bulbs, my pc is stayin 4 degrees warmer than room temp, imo i think they put off less heat than 4 23w cfls. Are you growing in a pc modern?

8. Nice grow dude. Case looks sweet. Looking forward to seeing some results

9. Pic update. Not much changed since yesterday, thought i was gonna be able to feed her bloom nutes tonight but the soil still feels damp so im gonna wait on that. Anyways on to the pics!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. looks good mate, that is a huge pc case...

my own rule for CFLs is at least 60watts per square foot of canopy but 100w per square foot is a good goal. the amount of plants, or amount of watts per plant is irrelevant due to plants being all different sizes

11. What kind of reflective material did you use? Is that a windshield reflector?

12. Hey man nice setup.

Just a quickie really what strain are you using?

Ive got everything ready, just waiting on germ of my Afghan Kush Ryders. My case is about 60cm top to bottom and im wondering if this is enough room?

Much love!

13. Thanks fellas, it is a windshield reflector from walmart and the strain is white widow x big bud. 60cm is deff enough room, my pc is only 21" tall inside. Well here are a few pics i took last night, will be taking more tonight when the light comes on. Topdressed the soil the other night with bloom nutes too.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

14. case looks sweet man
    plants nice and healthy
    ill sub

15. Thanks kush, ive been following your journal for awhile now. Saw some pistils the other night, she seems to be healthy and doing good, bought some pipe cleaners for lst too. Im really liking the results im seeing from these nutes.
    [​IMG]

16. looking very nice
    what kinda nutes are you using

17. Organicare Pure grow and bloom, its granular nutes. Never heard of it but it was 6 bones a pc for 2lbs of each. Seems to work pretty good, the first time i gave her bloom nutes i fed her just alittle more than half the dose and only barely burned the tips of 2 fan leaves. Im impressed so far. I think im gonna cut some fan leaves towards the bottom off tonight when the lights come on, that should be ok right? She has been in flowering for like 5 days or so, im not a fan of cutting leaves off but i dont think i have a choice with these cfls, a few leaves are blocking light to the lower new growth.

18. why do you want the leaves gone? leaves cannot block light, they absorb it. if you remove leaves that are 1" away from the light so leaves that are 4" away from the light can do all the work instead, then your whole system is going to be way less efficient

19. not if he is trying to get more light to the under growth and doesnt take to many of the fan leaves off

20. Ok, so i agree with both, i ended up taking a few smaller fan leaves from the bottom off, they werent getting light anyways. I did it the night before last and when i looked at her last night she looked like she exploded with growth. I did alittle lst on the new branches, i have pistils growin like crazy, this is the first time ive grown an saw pistils within the first 5 days of flower. Anyways here are some pics from last night
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]