For all of the pro GMO people out there...

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by jimbobbybob, Apr 18, 2013.

1. Wasn't there a study on rats that were given GMO's and grew tumors? I don't have the link to it but I've seen it around...

2. Yeah, the Seralini study, an extremely flawed study funded by an anti biotechnology organization. Within 24 hours of the study being published scores of scientists tore it apart, pointing out that 80% of the strain of rats they used develop tumors naturally, and the fact that they cherry picked data and didn't even keep proper records or do proper data analysis, and used ridiculously small control groups of 10 rats.

3. So much stupid in one post, I commend you sir. :wave:

4. #44 Deleted member 42976, Apr 22, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 22, 2013
    I just a college paper on GMOs. There were plenty of anti-GMO sources in my college's database. College databases have pre-screened material to make sure it is reliable information.

More than 6 countries in the world have either labeling or have outright banned them.

Also why would Monsanto need protected if there isn't a possibility that they could be harmful. There really isn't alot of information because only private groups have done studies.

Research how much perfectly good food gets thrown out each year. With or without GM foods people are going to starve. Maybe instead of altering food to resist highly toxic chemicals they should focus on building more green houses which they can control the climate.

5. I'm just saying it's quite obvious when someone has been stuffed with GMOs and chemicals by their level of thinking. :smoking:

6. I think this guy is a great candidate to be our guinea pig. You can be our lab rat. Real life, lab rat that is. Do you have 9 more buddies just like you that want to start a journal with ya :D

7. Fuck monsanto. All of the sheep who gobble that putrid foul into their bodies will feel the effects soon enough, once they grow baseball tumors years later they will be praising the organic cannabis from which their cure came

Peace be with you

8. Oh yea and Monsanto threatened to sue the state of Vermont if they pass a bill to label GMOs. If there is nothing wrong with GMOs wtf is the big deal able labeling them? some people like to know what they're eating.

9. Well, they correctly argue that mandatory labelling gives the impression that there's something wrong with or dangerous about GM food. I don't blame them for resisting that, looking at it from their perspective.

I've always pointed out that if you don't want to eat GM foods you can just buy organic, there's already an organic certification system in America.

10. Or the fact the article in the op was very smoke and mirrors. Watch out for the chemicals and lack of nutrients in YOUR GASOLINE! The special gmo corn used as bad in this study was one of many developed for more ethanol production for more E-10, E-15 and E-85 gases.

11. If companies were required to label GM food then most of the food products in the store would have to be labeled, therefore people would see it as more normal. I do think that they should be required to label.

Buying food that says 'organic' on the box does not necessarily mean GM free. The only way to get something that is completely GMO free is to look for a product with the 'USDA organic' logo. Even then it's still not 100%. I went to the store and I tried to find ANY product with that logo and after 15 min of searching I found two vanilla yoghurts, that's it. In the US it is nearly impossible to not eat GMO nowadays.

12. Also if you try to sue them, they blow yo ass UP!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1KNs3CQKjQo]Fertilizer Plant Explosion Texas | Proof of Drone/Missile Strike [Original] - YouTube[/ame]

Why all the violence for some "harmless" veggies!?

I guess they should of listened to Monsanto's ultimatum, guess they'll have to start building another plant, that is if they have the money. I can tell you one thing though, I bet that lawsuit is long gone... :bolt:

13. Why is BlazedGlory defending GMOs so much? It's really disgusting to see this kind of blatant ignorance on a marijuana forum of all places.

14. So it's ignorant to support the scientific consensus now? Who knew?

15. Idk what population of "scientists" you choose to experience this "consensus" with but its a complete fallacy of your mind and there is no consensus with the scientific community regarding its health benefits nor safety so unless you provide evidence to your claim by an acclaimed source your thought is entirely invalid in my eyes. Have fun in gmo-land you'll be sick all the time wondering why

Peace be with you

16. Here a site that will tell you about the history monsanto and it is not bogus in any way, there is a lot of info but its worth the read!!! The ones that want to keep eating crap be my guest!!!

Monsanto's Dark History 1901-2013

17. I have already provided peer reviewed research from a variety of sources, including a comprehensive review of a decade of European research from dozens of accredited universities.

If that doesn't convince you you're being deliberately ingorant.

18. Ill stick with being deliberately safe and healthy

Peace be with you

19. None so blind as those who will not see

20. May God be with you

As-salamu alaykum