The Origin of the Term '420'

Discussion in 'General' started by Superjoint, Apr 18, 2013.

1. Thanks 4 this!!

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. So it comes from people trying to get rid of it?[​IMG]

3. lol

lol

4. Love this thread. 

5. If I owned this site I could just make a random thread and then sticky it too.  [​IMG]

6. Hey dude if it weren't for the owner of this site there would be no stickys.. Lol he can "sticky" whatever he wants..

7. i was born at 4:19 am 

so i have to resort to saying my first full minute of air was 4:20  :confused_2:

my first origin of 420 was birth! :metal:

8. sound awesome
    cool to clear that up! 

9. Snoop Dog claims the word "Chronic" in reference to Hydro was first coined by himself and Dr Dre in 91' when they were first introduced to Hydroponic grown Cannabis, and were miss-pronouncing "hydroponic" instead saying "hydrochronic"

Bullshit?????

10. sticky ickky y'all lol

11. How do we know this is actual evidence hmmm?

12. I thought that 4:20 became the official time because in high school + college 4:20 seemed to be the time everyone got high because it just worked out to be between school/classes and having to be back home/dinner/work ?? so overtime it just spread as "I always feel like I'm smoking at 4:20" 
    "same wtf"

13. Damn, people are still debating this crap?

I'd rather just smoke a frikkin joint, and I don't even like smokin' joints.

Personally, I've always been satisfied with the 'Waldos' theory, but really, there are much more interesting subjects to contemplate while cruisin' on the green space shuttle...

14. an on the 4th day of finding marijuana, the pilgrims smoked 20 blunts..
    which they probably should've smoked before slaughtering the indians..
    that way they would've been to chill to kill!
    pshh stupid pilgrims!

an thats how we got 420!!  people :confused_2: B)

15. I always thought it was Hitler's birthday. Trench coat mafia.

16. Well this is either made up or completely true and I don't care lol

-zips bowlpacker

17. There are probably the same number of theories for the origin of the term "420" than slang names for Marijuana. Either way. It adds a touch of mystery to the whole culture. I love cracking a cold one at about 4.20.

18. #158 xcghxfj, Mar 7, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 7, 2015
    If I owned this site I could just make a random thread and then sticky it too. [​IMG] [​IMG]

19. #159 zfghhg, Mar 10, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 10, 2015
    aw shit love high history lessons [​IMG]
       [​IMG]

20. #160 xfgjdyud, Mar 15, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2015
    i learned more today than i've learned in the past 5 years....good job   [​IMG][​IMG]