The Origin of the Term '420'

Discussion in 'General' started by Superjoint, Apr 18, 2013.

1. I bet it was spread as part of the initial prohibition on marijuana as Hitler's birthday

2. #182 zhangsong, May 14, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 14, 2015
    aw shit love high history lessons  [​IMG][​IMG]

3. #183 jinunmk, May 25, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 25, 2015
    If I owned this site I could just make a random thread and then sticky it too.  [​IMG][​IMG]

4. #184 xvjjh, Jun 3, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 3, 2015
    i learned more today than i've learned in the past 5 years....good job   [​IMG][​IMG]

5. #185 czfghgh, Jun 11, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 11, 2015
    i learned more today than i've learned in the past 5 years....good job[​IMG][​IMG]

6. #186 xcghjj, Jun 24, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 24, 2015
    i learned more today than i've learned in the past 5 years....good job [​IMG] [​IMG]

7. 4: 20 is what time the highschoolers in northern los angeles in the sevnties used to meet to smoke a lid of weed

Sent from deep in my subconscious.

8. #189 dgfdyu, Jun 27, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 27, 2015
    If I owned this site I could just make a random thread and then sticky it too. [​IMG] [​IMG]

9. I had no idea and that's very interesting! It's funny because I would have never in 1 million years that teens came up with it. I have no idea why seeming how I was once a teen with goofy ideas.

10. i read this post, obviously, and i heard a few others too.... idk what is tru tho.

11. I read it was in San Rafael at the high school (which my dad attended, later on) during the 70s. 4:20 was the time they met at some location to get high af.

12. I always thought it was time to "drop"

13. Gee I was in San Rafael HS during 1973-74 and never heard that term... Had great herb then too though, but I guess I didn't run with the "Waldo's"...

14. Someone just told me Phil Mesh coined the term 420 lol another neat fact is Owsely was the first to get drugs sold in grams vs "lids" or "spoonfuls"

15. Does anyone else feel a biological 420? Between four and five o'clock in the afternoon my whole day just goes to shit. My meds are wearing off, the cigarette cravings start, the muscle spasms come back, I turn into dragon lady...It's just the perfect time for pot. My family even reminds me if it's time, LOL,

16. 4+2+0 = 6
    6 x 111 = 666

MUHAHAHAHA

[​IMG]

18. i am sure you right