Gun Control fails they weren't even able to expand background checks

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Deleted member 472633, Apr 17, 2013.

1. SMH There is no violence or force in undergoing a background check prior to purchase. You are seeing shadows where none exist.

With your line of reasoning there should be no licensing to drive a car, nor should said vehicle require registration. :smoke:

2. Does everything have to come from left field (or in this case likely right field)?

You don't think those would be direct from the manufacturer? You fail to include the fact that that is for 5 years and is really more of a wish list. Who would think that they would try and order before the sequesture set in? Nice way to loose part of your budget without loosing anything. :smoke:

3. Perhaps I am uninformed. Please tell me why they need .357 hollow points in mass quantity. Standard military issue sidearm ammo is 9mm. Are they going back to revolvers?:confused_2:

4. "A handful" of people doesn't dry up the nation's ammo and gun supply. If 90% of the people in the US were actually in favor of these "common sense" gun regulations, there wouldn't be such an uptick in purchases of any and all caliber ammunition, and firearms.

From the FBI's own data, the top 10 days of NICS background checks from 1988-2013 on record have been within the last 6 months, the top 10 weeks within the last 4 & 1/2 months. That's a rate of nearly 1.5-2 million guns being purchased per month, not including private party sales.

http://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/ni...ecks-top-10-highest-days-and-weeks-033113.pdf

I'll take the FBI's data on gun purchases over Billionaire Nanny Bloomberg and his 'Mayors Against Illegal Guns' propaganda.

• Like Like x 1
  5. They bought .357 rounds? You sure? I didn't see anything about the caliber except in reference to the carbines being bought as well.

6. Not saying I agree with him but you have to admit that more than "a handful" of people bought up ammo. Every store around me that carried it was cleared out within about a week, people bum rushed them.

7. I'd love to help!

Documents: ATF used "Fast and Furious" to make the case for gun regulations - CBS News Investigates - CBS News

Create the problem, present the solution. Whats a few hundred dead Mexicans in the pursuit of progress?

8. :confused: :confused_2: It's still apples and oranges. Those purchases were not done in the thought that background checks would be required. It is the ones that believe that the gov. will ban sales and/or come for their guns.

The ammo shortages seem to be localized events in certain towns/cities. :smoke:

9. DC failed, nice. Now we just need all the states trying to pass this kind of crap to stop.

10. Gee, you overlooked a major part of the history; You mean Bush was behind creating the problem? Guess you never read my other link on the history of gun trafficing in AZ. You also don't acknowledge that Texas and other border Stattes have the same problems.

Even worse, many bury their heads in the sand and refuse to acknowledge that background checks would help lessen this issue.

I guess the best route is to forbid pivate sales of guns at all gun shows. :p

:smoke:

Project Gunrunner is a project of the U.S. Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF) intended to stem the flow of firearms into Mexico, in an attempt to deprive the Mexican drug cartels of weapons.[1]
    The primary tactic of Project Gunrunner is interdiction of straw purchasers and unlicensed dealers to prevent legal guns from entering the black market; between 2005 and 2008, 650 such cases involving 1,400 offenders and 12,000 firearms were referred for prosecution.[2] However other tactics ("gunwalking" and "controlled delivery") have lead to controversy.

11. Again, if 90% of people wanted background checks, by extension they wouldn't be afraid of the government banning sales or confiscation.

Understand the definition of the word local? It's not a localized event if ammo shortages are commonplace throughout the country. It's confirmed in California, Montana, Arizona, Texas, Indiana, South Carolina, Florida, Vermont, etc.

1.5-2 million guns per month and ammo shortages in every region of the country. Yeah, just "a handful" of troublemakers. 90% really do want Bloomberg's "common sense" regulations. ;)

12. I'd just forbid gun sales to the government, seems the only people they are capable of giving them to are drug cartels in Mexico and Al-Qaeda in Syria.

13. The tango is playing, but you may continue to waltz if that's your cup of tea. :p

Now matter how badly you may want to disbelieve it, there have been numerous polls this year that say otherwise; :smoke:

http://www.politifact.com/texas/sta...ffingwell-says-polls-show-90-percent-america/

• Like Like x 1
  14. I must've missed the memo to vote on it

15. Fantastic. I'm celebrating by buying a gun this weekend. Okay, I was planning on the gun purchase anyway, but saying the purchase is in response to this will annoy my handful of liberal friends that were bitching on facebook today.

16. People praising this are fucking idiots. Can you please explain how expanding background checks is a violation of liberty? You a criminal/felon? You dont get to own a fucking gun. But no, lets let more people slip through the system so we can have more mass shootings.

17. There is so much ignorance with this post.

But I'm too busy doing schoolwork to get into an argument over the internet so hopefully somebody else will take care of it.:wave:

18. You're right. Criminals always go through legal channels to purchase their weapons.

"Oh, a background check. I can't pass one of those. Guess that's that."

• Like Like x 1
  19. Well a background check didn't nor would have stopped any mass shooting thus far sooo lol

But apparently 90% of us wanted universal checks.....:rolleyes:

• Like Like x 1