Gun Control fails they weren't even able to expand background checks

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Deleted member 472633, Apr 17, 2013.

1. Senate rejects expanded gun background checks - CNN.com

:hello: \t:yay: :metal:

2. Nice. I thought the background checks would pass. Good stuff.

3. ya'll watching obama's little pout session press conference?

funny shit

4. It wasn't going to happen even if it made it out of the Senate. The House was never going to vote for this bill.

Piers Morgan is going to be considerably weepier and bitchier than normal tonight.

5. No suprise that Congress can't carry out the will of the people. SMH :smoke:

6. Lmao.... Grasping at straws much?

7. Good. I actually completely expected it to go through.

8. How is it gasping at straws when over 90% wanted universal gun checks? :smoke:

9. Is this a joke? Will of which people?

You don't skip a beat do you?

10. Feels good being in the 10%.

11. ftfy.

On another note, this is great.

12. If only that were true.

13. Oops, Thanks PP.

You don't stay informed much do you? See post #9. Also consider the 1000's of guns bought at gun shows that require no checks and are known to fast track into Mexico. :smoke:

14. The gun show loophole is a myth. It doesn't exist at all. Almost every seller at a gun show is a licensed FFL dealer, and they conduct background checks just like any other FFL dealer does. Private sales generally don't require background checks, but that has nothing to do with gun shows.

15. What would this bill have done to prevent Sandy hook, or Aurora?

16. cool, i actually thought this one would pass...since this one didnt pass, i kinda expect any kind of other gun control law to not pass either, but i could be wrong though too

17. [​IMG]

“All in all, this was a pretty shameful day for Washington,” Obama said, promising that “this effort is not over.”

what a fuckin slimy piece of shit obama is, go screw. cant even talk to 3 year olds without a script what a fucking piece of dirt president we have

18. The allegeded myth that you are refering too, was that 40% of all gun sales are through private party sales. Most of the data to support and to challenge that figure comes from 1996. Some say it may be as low as 20%.
    Considering the number of guns sold, that is still a very large number of no checks.

Maybe in your area. Here in Tucson a large portion of weapons sold at gun shows are from private sellers. :smoke:

19. What would it have done to prevent the Tucson shootings? :rolleyes: How about suicides? :rolleyes: How about allowing illegals and others to easily obtain guns? There is more than one side on a coin. :smoke: