How long should I veg?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by ItsBigPete, Apr 16, 2013.

1. Hey I had a question i couldn't seem to find a specific answer too. If I start my plants now. That would be around a 5 month veg and that seems too long due to the fact that I plan on growing my plants in 5 gallon pots. Or should I start my plants off near June for a 3 month vegging period? And btw how tall would a plant get in a 5 gallon pot with a 3 month veg + a 2 moth flowering period (September through October). Compared to a plant with a 5 month veg + 2 month flowering

2. Well ive seen them get about as tall as people in 5 gal buckets haha prolly gunna get really rootbound if you plant too early which is dangerous, and can choke a plant.. plant in june just to avoid that... im a noob, so but that's my 2 cents..

3. longer the better

4. yeah thats what i was thinking was going to happen. but if that does become a threat ill move them up a couple sizes. thanks for the response

5. Check out smart pots, I haven't used them but people swear by them. They prune the roots to avoid root rot and root-bounding. & yourwelcome

6. I'll tell you right now, 5 gallon pots wont cut it for a 3 or a 5 month veg period and will probably significantly lower your yield. Go with at least a 10-20gallon smart pot at the bare minimum.

7. If your growing OUTDOORS, why would you not just start them inside and transplant them into the ground and not worry about roots? Let them fuckers grow. You want big plants? Don't let pots stop them.

8. im keeping them in pots incase i need to move them...

9. Move them due to...? Legalities? Weather? I guess I'm confused...