Making A Better Oil Pen (PICS INCLUDED)

Discussion in 'E-Liquids & E-Juice, E-Cigarettes' started by WaxPayne, Apr 13, 2013.

If you're going to go with Gentleman's, get their wickless globe. My Mega V2s had the problem of the rubber O-ring flaking off into my concentrate... that shouldn't happen with a globe.

2. I have a couple problems with the gentlemen's globe. Thouhg their "wickless" I find it hard to conceive myself putting a dab directly on a coil, and not expect it to fall through as it heats up. Hence why most companies now are moving to ceramic wicks (and hopefully soon, ceramic heating elements.) Which brings me to my next point, the metal of the coil itself is nichrome. I don't know much about the alloy's properties, but I've read in various sites it's just better to avoid it, and get grade 2 Ti when you can.

Good thing though UpTech has a a cheaper globe piece WITH ceramic wick, and Gr2 Ti coils for cheaper than the gentlemen's globe.

But I might be missing/misunderstanding something perhaps...?

3. Just got the new 8 vaporizer from Uptech with the okeanos head. Thing blows any other vap i've tried out of the water. and the okeanos head solves the issue of the kiss cartridge threads getting locked up. I prefer it to the globe, because it's more discrete too. admittedly, more expensive but i'm a fan. 

does anyone have experience with the sr-74 cartridge for wax? I hear it holds considerably more than the kiss

The micro bubbler? Nice. I was looking into the 8 and that but I feel like $170 is way too much for a simple mech vape and some fancy artwork.

5. I have a vape that uses wax. Do I buy wax? Make it? Need help. Please and thank you!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pAwoYxwqrpw

7. Vamo Kit

Attached Files:

8. If you do not want to go through all the trouble of making ice hash, just get some of the highest % ethanol (drinking alcohol) that you can find and do a freezing cold quick wash and make your own thick oil from bud or trim.  Everclear is great or Bacardi 151, but if you can find something closer to 96% alcohol or 190 proof it will work better as a solvent.  Use only glass vessels if possible, not plastic, place your herb and the alcohol into the freezer for at least 2 days and crank it as low as possible.  Then pour the freezing alcohol over your herb until it covers it all, shake it around for around 30 seconds, then pour it through a course filter to separate the plant material from the liquid. Run this amber liquid through coffee filters (2 stacked on top of each other works best) to strain out any small plant material left behind and use a flat bottom glass baking dish to catch all of this filtered liquid.  Let the liquid evaporate from the glass dish using a fan but no heat and what you will be left with is a thin layer of honey oil or shatter glass that will go great in your vape pen or doing dabs on an oil rig. If the alcohol is not freezing cold you will pick up lots of gross waxes and oils and green color from chlorophyl that you do not want in the end product. Quick wash (30 seconds) with freezing alcohol as high % or proof as you can get works great and it is food safe, unlike other solvents.

9. #1291 JelloSS, Jan 6, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 6, 2015
    Been trolling thru the posts on here.. Got my 1st pen I'll be using for wax..

Going with the Genetlemens Glass Globe mated with the Spinner 2 1600mah.

10. #1292 JelloSS, Jan 6, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 8, 2015
  11. Hey everyone!
    Hope you're all doing great, i know i am! :)

Anyway, have you guys heard of and/or tried Divine Tribe's atomizers?
    I only ordered one pair, whihc was 2 for 15. Relatively cheap for a smooth ceramic rod wrapped in a metal coil.
    Mostly works as a pack as you go, but i have had a nice sized dab last me the whole day and another. Even with 3 heads, the pen bowl lasted all night.

Just wanted to let you all know. These things put in work! Very very smooth taste, not a bad tasting hit yet. One drawback however, is that the casing is a little long. Toothpicks are the best to use for loading this thing. Try no using a metal dabber or paperclip as the material would stick more to those types of things. But yeah, and after a while, you can scrape the reclaim off the sides with a toothpick.
    I like them better than the KISS carts, and they're less hassel, even in cleaning terms.

12. Thank you for this thread!! I just spent $37 on a perfect oil pen with 4 extra cartomizers :D

Got the recommended battery and Kanger 510 Atomized Cartridges. plastic drip tip because it's Maine outside, and I don't want my lips to stick. lol.

I've filled it with .3 or so about three times so far, and my question is, how do I know when to switch to a new one? still vapes nice, and the white straw in the middle is turning brown in case that is a good reference for anything.

Thanks again OP! :D

Attached Files:

13. I'm now waiting on my gentlemen's globe.. Should be here by tomorrow. ;)

Attached Files:

14. "I'm now waiting on my gentlemen's globe.. Should be here by tomorrow.  ;)"

Cool, just remember to draw slowly on the glass globes and/or put a small piece of cotton in the top draw hole to prevent sizzling hot oil or wax from entering your mouth. This seems to be a "thing" on most glass globe designs unless they have a top piece that curves off at an angle. 

15. Sweet thanks for the tip. Today was a holiday so I'll be getting it tomorrow.

Any recommendation on what wattage to start at? Battery runs 6-18watts fully adjustable.

16. Start low and work your way up.  Once you get a nice vapor without a sizzle or without too much sizzle should probably be the right fit. You do not want to burn the concentrate, just heat it to the level it becomes vapor.

17. Sweet thanks. Hopefully later today I'll have a review on it, been super busy past few days.

Attached Files:

18. Looks like the battery is a little to powerful for the gentleman's wickless. Even on the lowest setting it doesn't heat up.. Maybe out of 10 times it works 3-4