Making A Better Oil Pen (PICS INCLUDED)

Discussion in 'E-Liquids & E-Juice, E-Cigarettes' started by WaxPayne, Apr 13, 2013.

1. I'm heeeeere 😁👏👍🍦

2. #1222 chaseroot, Aug 1, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 1, 2014
    Low quality/stolen concept.. nothing new at all.. 

Trust me when I say.. Persei + Hercules SR-74.. I guarantee its the best on the market for wax/shatter.

Nothing else on the market like it. I have been using mine every day hard for the last 5 months and I haven't had one issue yet, heck I havent even cleaned the thing yet and I still get AMAZING tasting hauls. Yes its a bit pricey but WELL worth it.

I'll try to monitor this thread a little more, i've been extremely busy at work the last month and a half. Sorry if I missed some questions.

3. So...

Have you had a chance to use one? How can you say they are low quality/stolen? I haven't seen any other attachments with dual coils and titanium wire. Also it seems pretty sturdy.

The SR74 definitely beats anything else... but it's too huge. I'm afraid girls in my house would mistake it as a vibrator then severely burn their nether regions. I want something with at least *some* portability.

My next setup might just be a good mech mod, and an RDA with steel mesh wick kind of like this:

[​IMG]

4. #1224 chaseroot, Aug 6, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 6, 2014
    You have A LOT to learn about women then man.. 90% of women out there own a dildo, they might be more enticed then anything hahahaha  ;) 

The Persei/Hercules isnt that big really.. I also never have the heat protector shell on the Hercules either so its quite slim on the top. I've actually brought girl friends home from the bar and what not and they thought it was pretty cool .. anyways..

If you want to spend $40+ shipping on the Source Orb go nuts.. Yes I have used one, and I thought they performed exactly the same as the following $7 fasttech option that has been around for awhile now - http://www.fasttech.com/product/1785603-wwe-chromed-brass-dual-coil-atomizer

Not trying to knock the product, just trying to save people some money :) and if you want best portable option, go with a basic gpen battery + Ti KISS cart from UpTech. Very small and discreet! 

Oh wow, that's a much better design than the Orb... I've looked at the other Source products on their site, and they look like the same ol' shit that's been saturating the market. Why should the Orb be different, right?

Didn't know they made a Ti KISS, will definitely check it out. Does it have a 510 connection (I don't know what the latest GPen is, don't fuck with that shit)

6. Gpen and the Ti Kiss Cart use 610 thread so they fit perfect together and smaller in length as a basic writing pen just a bit thicker. 

7. Gonna be placing my order soon for a Vision Spinner 1300 mah VV batt, gentleman's V2 atomizer, a pack of kanger carts, cone cover and a couple drip tips all off of litecigusa. Trying to stay pretty stealthy while still getting a decent vape.

Are there things that have been outdated since most of this thread began while still around the same price? I see some people still use Gentleman's attys, others use globes and other carts and such. Gonna see how my first pen "build" works and then probably upgrade and experiment with other parts from there.

Props on this thread! Stopped me from paying $100 for a G Pen.  :smoking:

8. Gentlemens V2s are still great.. theres better options out there these days though but for that price.. cant go wrong

9. #1229 nomad881, Aug 9, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 9, 2014
    In depth report on the fasttech skillet from wax's giveaway!!!

Overall, definitely one of the more user - friendly attys I've used, very easy to load,time and time again, giving nice clouds consistently. The overall design needs a little work, If the ceramic res (good selling point ceramic rocks) was shallower,or the coil unit was placed lower, it would have made a significant impact on how it performed,as it was, it did Alright, just made it so you always had to have at least a couple points of oil always loaded. The wick left something to be desired, gunking up quickly from vaping very stable shatters, and had to be removed. Also after some use, the air flow rapidly deteriorated making it necessary to drill a tiny hole in the tip,slightly above where the coil is placed. The unit didn't last as long as I was hoping, making it through about a gram before burning out. I found at 3.2v you get the best flavor, but it does take longer to get a good hit,which I don't mind,I love the long powerful slow draw over a quick heavy hitter.
    Again,overall, consistently good product, great for vapers who are looking for simplicity and a quick product, but if Your the kind of person who can't get past small design flaws,this one is not for you!!
    Thanks wax for the opportunity to try this baby out!!!
    Sent from my ADR6350 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

10. It wasn't the best ever but does get the job done :) I'm very glad you liked it nomad. Stay tuned for more things coming along the way.

Next giveaway could include a couple rebuildables for all you mech mod fans :)

11. AAAAAAAAHHH!!!I NEEDS a rebuildable soo bad!!I'm definitely down for another contest!!you the man wax!

Sent from my ADR6350 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

12. #1232 124112, Aug 13, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 13, 2014
    Going to try an experiment.

I'm new to the mech/RBA world, and I'm going to try and make a quality setup with only $150. Wish me luck.

13. You can do so with less. RDAs have plummeted in price and so have mechs !

14. #1234 MasterStoner, Aug 14, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 14, 2014
    Hey blades, need some help with my setup. I got my Vision Spinner VV 1300 mah battery in the mail yesterday and right away screwed it into the charger and into the wall. I let it charge for a few hours and heres what it was doing: the charger would stay solid red with the white light on the pen, and then the white light would flash with the charger flashing green, then back to red. 

I let it charge for close to 5-6 hours and I tried to simply turn it on and didn't get anything. The light wouldn't flash at all. Is it not charging? Did I get a dead/defective battery? I ordered everything off of LitecigUSA. Did I get the right charger for my vision spinner? I ordered the same one in the OP but saw "use of this on a regular joye510 battery can result in battery, and/or charger failure." Not sure what the problem is, gonna e-mail LiteCig and Vision spinner and see what's up.

I was pretty excited to start vaping with this so I'm a little disappointed. Any help would be awesome guys! (and girls  :hide: )

EDIT just spoke to a rep at LiteCig and she told me that that happened to her Vision spinner & charger when she screwed it on too tight when trying to charge it. It makes a little sense but I even tried to screw it loosely. Not sure but the battery is at my girlfriends house atm and I'm going to work in a little so I'll have to mess with it later. I'll keep ya'll updated

15. What's better then the V2 that's not customized?

16. Persei (battery) + Hercules SR74 (cartomizer) by UpTech.

A bit more to it but very simple learning curve. Highly recommend it, that's all I use now a days.

--------------------------------------
    Best question on GC?

http://forum.grasscity.com/index.php?/topic/1296321-Drinking-bong-water

17. #1237 124112, Aug 16, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 17, 2014
    I have joined the mech club as of earlier today.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Panzer mod, some 3-post RBA, 26ga Kanthal, and SS mesh for a dual coil setup. Charging it, but right out of the store I loaded some shatter onto it and it ate that shit up. Instantaneous clouds.

Also doubles as a self-defense weapon.

I might buy the smaller battery so I can have a spare, as well as being able to make it more portable.

18. That setup looks fantastic dude !!! Glad you are liking it :) I need to get some mesh cuz that coil setup is sick!! You using spring or magnets? Also what battery did you go with ? I usually use the purple efest 35amp, the red LG 35 amp and the Sony green vct5 30 amp batteries for all my mechs. They have a very good capacity and drain rate.

I love the Panzer, I have 3. I really need to post all my mechs here as well as update with some RDAs . Thank you for holding things down here cuz that setup is cool as hell :cool:

I am also using the Efest 35Amp battery.

My next pen setup will be this:

http://www.w9tech.com/the-core/ and http://www.w9tech.com/hercules-sr-74/

20. Nice that core looks cool. Is it variable wattage ? I have a variable 50watt mod but not pass thru then a 100watt mod coming that has pass through and accepts dual 18650s to take out with me . The 50 I have now has a Max output of 8.5 volts . You think I'll be good with this and then just the SR later down the road? The one I have now goes down to 0.3 ohms and up to 3.5 .

Hope to update with some mods soon. Amazing how far it's come from the Ego twist in the OP lol