Making A Better Oil Pen (PICS INCLUDED)

Discussion in 'E-Liquids & E-Juice, E-Cigarettes' started by WaxPayne, Apr 13, 2013.

1. My setups!
    The battery n drip tip on tge left were given to me.
    The one ob the right, is an ego tank, witg a knuckle head swivel tip.
    I actually like the steel drip tip better.... But that swivel tip looks like those little robots from metal gear solid... Cool!
    Both filled. One with sour d and the other with king Louie
    I'm baked. Thanks waxpayne!

Attached Files:

2. #1082 sp1zzl3c4t, Apr 2, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 2, 2014
    so both my v2's leak hash oil out of the holes on the bottom where I assume air flow goes through...

I'm not even filling them up that much but I was wondering why the oil disappeared...

I cant even get clouds if the surface area of the coil is covered in oil... it spits

user error? lol

1st one just fried after a day... pwn

3. I recommend crumble amd other type of wax like that.
    Day 7 I believ and no problems what so ever.
    Only problems with full melt hash, since it bubbles and gets all over the place.

4. #1084 sp1zzl3c4t, Apr 2, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 2, 2014
    I'm having some success applying a few drops directly onto the coil at a time... but then I get that coil taste?  is it because it's drying up or do you get that taste sometimes?

it could be more noticeable to me cause I mainly use a convection vap

5. That means your not putting enough in, the coil taste means nothing is being fed on to your coil. Sometimes it builds up in the side, I recommend just heating the sides with a lighter back and forth briefly so tho don't burn the shell and let it melt a bit, and then maybe add another 0.2-0.3g of concentrate.

It takes a bit to get used to at first but you'll get it. Just remember not to get frustrated with it.

6. So to solve this, I take off the mouthpiece and hold it on its side (----) or maybe just tilted upward but pretty much in its side over my sink, press the power on battery and let it melt on the side and then I watch until I seen vapor start to appear.

After that my cart usually works like a charm. Sometimes the coil gets "drowned" by concentrate, every time I try the method above it seems to fix itself. Give it a shot, let me know how it goes.

Be careful you don't look into the cart while powering it on or something, we don't want you getting hot oil in the eye! Haha

7. You sir have my infinite respect :cool:

8. So I've spent some time to learn how to use the v2... I get good hits with honey oil but the coil has to be covered completely in order to avoid a metallic taste... and this in turn requires more oil to be used... ?

also oil leaks through the bottom of the cart (both) constantly after a few hits... pretty much making my device limited in being portable since I have to clean a mess constantly from wasted product

perhaps it'll be more efficient with a more waxy or shatter -like concentrate.

9. #1089 traxors, Apr 5, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 5, 2014
    It totally works better with more waxy stuff I find that I use the hard shatters stuff and. Didn't melt all the way into the coil and when I test fired it to prime it it just blew up my v2. 😢

This is my second mega v2 in 2 months.. But the first one lasted at least for 4-5_ grams or fills on the weekend every weekend for about 5 weeks.

Then with it got down to the little bit I thought that it was still some oil down there and I kept using it and then it blew up. My best bet is yes if you can see the red hot coil you gotta add some more

I forgot to add , I used had best results when I use the Crumble stuff and I got some melted down and then I added more cruble right on top because the best thing is that all the crumble sits there and as you keep the pen up, it melts as u are using it, and you get the best results

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

10. #1090 chaseroot, Apr 6, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 9, 2014
    Just ordered the Persei and Hercules SR-74.. Totaled around $240 with free shipping.

I cannot wait to get this, when I asked how it compared to Gent's Mega V2. The designer of the Hercules replied with the following message..

'Hercules Sr series and the Mega v2 should not even be put in the same class together, it can vaporize your noisy neighbors wife if needed'

I cannot wait to receive it. I'll post updates after doing so!

11. where

12. #1092 _inhaledeep, Apr 9, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 9, 2014
    I got the Espionage pen by Gentleman's! http://www.gentlemansvapes.com/products/espionage-micro-vape-starter
    This is late but it's pretty dope so I'd say
    FLAVOR 5/5
    DURABILITY
    not tested yet..holding strong after 2 weeks, and works better if you prime it w/ ejuice unless you dont want flavoring
    VALUE 3.5/5
    kind of overpriced but worth it compared to other retail
    HITS 4/5
    Kind of weak honestly, but it works and it's one of the best basic 510 setups I think for the money, esp. for retail brands

S/O WaxPayne for the ideas and stuff

13. This thread died? What a shame.

14. Agreed.  It was a great thread.  I learned a lot and hopefully passed along some knowledge as well.

15. RIP cool ass thread  :yummy:  :smoke:  :smoking:  :hippie:

16. Pretty sure it'll resurrect in time
    Someone out theres gonna wanna be dabbing at the dinner table, only a matter of time lol

17. Working on a VAMO RDA build, once I get everything perfect I will post it.

18. Update: with some tax money I bought a domeless nail and a torch, I have been tasting the full flavor of my waxes and it's amazing.
    I totally am still interested in pens, for event use I am still chugging away on my mega v2 2 of them died and gentleman's was nice enough to replace them for me I just got some nice mango crumble so I think I will use it after 420.

this is totally still useful thread it won't die it will multiply

19. Its not its not being updated because all the noobs have all the good equipment now and they don't need to post gentleman's an RDA is the way to go

20. #1100 chaseroot, Apr 21, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 21, 2014
    Persei + Hercules SR-74 ..

One word - WOW

I am extremely impressed with this product, it actually puts the Gentleman's Mega V2 to shame when it comes to vapor production (closest thing to a dab yet) and taste. I have yet to have one "burnt" taste.

Although it is a bit more advanced/complicated to clean and what not but trust me when I say its worth it!

Extremely busy at work or i'd post pictures and a full review.. I'll get to it sooner or later.

If anyone has any questions, lemme know!