Making A Better Oil Pen (PICS INCLUDED)

Discussion in 'E-Liquids & E-Juice, E-Cigarettes' started by WaxPayne, Apr 13, 2013.

1. I have some sweet tooth wax and white oil, just bought ego twist, kanger 510 carts, and drip tip, excited to try it out.

Question for you, what's minimum you can load in kanger and lr atty? Also, say you load .5 how many hits you avg on that? Thanks for the post...

2. #22 WaxPayne, Apr 18, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 18, 2013
    Thanks for stoppin by MR :D I'm not sure with the Herb cart as I dont have one yet. Probly gonna invest in one soon to test out . Jojo has one and I think it works out . I have yet to try this, but I'm thinking the horizontal coil (it's in the extra options section) cart might work similar to that unit. I have to clean it out and test.

What color u go with? come back here with results on the new pen :smoking:

Also I've read that the Kangers can hold 2grams but haven't even used a full gram in it to test this out. I haven't done a hit count yet but I take very long and slow draws which help me get huge clouds . I'm thinking 12 hits per .5? But I could be way off . I can tell you that since the attys burn a little hotter , you wont get as many hits off of them, BUT you will get those fat pulls that make you cough !

Like stated in the guide , my personal preference of cart is the Gentlemen's , next up would be the Vaped Glass Globe and then a JT LR Atomizer and Kanger Cart. The first two mentioned are expensive so Kanger carts and JT attys may seem like a better option. I like Kangers for those long days but usually load little amounts at a time , with the attys i load a very minuscule amount if I want a super fat hit and they work very similar to the Gentlemen's . Don't forget to prime your carts and attys too , you'll notice a big difference in taste and vapor quality.

There are still alot of carts I have yet to check out . I do want to run more tests down the road (lookin at the joytech dual coil attys, omicron carts , etc.) Once I have the capital, I will be purchasing new ones and not only new carts and attys , but perhaps other accessories and parts , hell even batteries (try to look up the smoketech ZMAX or Joytech E-Vic) Thats the joy of owning a pen like this : the versatility.

3. It does work, but is not super convenient. It will hold quite a lot, and works well for the first half of the load. After that it gets pretty fiddly, stirring and moving the material next to the coil. I have gotten a mouthful of ash and debris on several occasions once it gets low.
    It's really just an electric pipe. I hit the button for a few seconds to light the MJ and then I get a couple hits before it goes out. The cartridge gets pretty hot, be careful.

4. Buy the atmos raw top attachment with the coil for dry herb. It comes with 2 diff screens to stop ash and very good vape hits. I got my replacement coil cart online for $10 the rest should be around $25. Assuming you have the 510 battery.

Attached Files:

5. Got the stainless steel setup, looks nice, and better yet, hits like Mike Tyson. Vaping a white oil out of it, mmmmmmmmm.

Went with the 510 LR atty that I de-bridged, it works great, especially since I got it all delivered for $45.

6. Here is pic of setup.

Attached Files:

7. Thanks for trying it out BK . If you ever feel like spending a couple extra bucks, try checking out the Gentlemens Hash oil cart, it really works great , in fact better than any other cart or atty I have listed or tried

8. I have a trick for loading kanger 510 cart, which I like better than lr atomizer. To load cart with wax is simple. Get good chunk of wax and roll it into little rod. Stick rod down into cart, then hit with mini torch moving back and forth until it hits liquid state. Wax road quickly melts to bottom, and bam you're set.

9. Have you seen the thread on reedit about a diy pen? Just curious as you could compare!

I feel like I'm days away from getting my first pen by doing some last minute research so I'm satisfied with what I get.

The main choices I'm looking at right now are the micro vaped, probably not with the globe attatchment for now unless you strongly reccomend? What is the difference? The second one is the v2 gpen ambassdors kit, I like that it comes with herb pen to but not sure how good it is.

Then of course just today I start seeing these DIY oil pens and there half the price of gpen and cheaper than the micro vaped so they got me thinking . One thing that pits me off with the diy pen is no warranty. Does it last?

Looking for a reasonable price, reliable! And to conserve my oils I don't need the biggest hits by would like the option to take big hits everynow and then.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

10. Ok, went out last night with kanger 510 cart, got three friends ripped while standing outside the bar. Wow, the kanger carts are where it's at. Plus you get five of them for like $7. Huge clouds produced, can't imagine needing more...

11. #31 WaxPayne, Apr 22, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 22, 2013
    Haven't used reddit . I know there is a similar build on GC though but I didn't know h til after I made my guide the first time . My warranty is on the battery and it comes with one but honestly haven't had problems with the battery. The Micro Vaped is good, So is the gentlemens , but you could just get an Ego battery and buy their carts or use Kanger carts and Joytech atomizers if you want a cheaper option while still retaining reliability.

Either way , I'd try going with an Ego. Good quality, insanely customizable and great price .

Fuck yea glad you had a great 4/20!!!! :smoking: I actually loved using my Kangers all day yesterday playing disc.

12. one thing i hear about the kanger carts is you need a lot to fill (.5g) and ill be using like .2 or less , not worried about huge hits but would like some decent hits with reliability and not having to.

heres the battery's im deciding between. let me know what you think!

eGo LCD battery is with the LCD display, 650 mAh manual eGo LCD battery and 5 clicks On/OFF switch
    eGo e-cig MEGA battery|3.7V 1100mAh MEGA eGo battery

and this is the atomizer if i end up going that route, or should i just go with the micro vaped + ego battery?

https://gentlemans.myshopify.com/collections/cartridges/products/hash-oil-atomizer

:smoke:

13. Those batteries are pretty sweet Cheech :) I like the Twist C though because of its variable voltage and it runs at 1000mah, you can even get one in 1100mah (DiscountVapors had them a little while back) for long lasting battery w/ less charges.

If you aren't wanting to use a lot of concentrates then do not go with carts. Get yourself an atomizer instead and may I suggest either the Gentlemens or if you're up for spending the extra cash, get the micro vaped. I've been enjoying both ALOT. The micro vaped glass globe gives me the closest thing to a dab I've experienced in these pens. HUGE hits! The Gentlemens gives me a good sized hit (less compared to the microvaped) but much tastier flavor than any of these carts or attys. it's always up to the users discretion when dealing with quality over quantity , so I leave that decision to you :D

14. Great thread! Thanks for starting it, I have a vape pen and I'm loving it! I've been wondering if I could get a battery cartridge that was shorter, so I can tuck it in my pocket. Now I know not only are they available, but they're inexpensive and interchangeable.
    The stainless cart Notoriouscheech just posted looks like a winner. I think I'll grab a black one for my current set up and a stainless when I want to showoff.

The priming video on the Gentleman's vape site was very helpful, I'll be trying that out in a day or two when my new atty arrives.

The tip on rolling up the wax into a cylinder and dropping it into the coil was one of those: "why didn't I think of that?" moments.

Time to Pimp my vape!

suchnsuch legal user MMJ card holder baby

15. #35 WaxPayne, Apr 24, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 24, 2013
    First of all, thank you for sharing interest :)

You can get a smaller battery, they make shorter versions but idk if they are variable voltage.

As for your cart , I VERY MUCH recommend you get stainless steel in case you have to melt some of your wax down the sides. You can get a cone cover in black so that way your pen will match up in color but for your attys and carts get stainless steel.

After testing numerous carts and attys I can tell you right now that the gentlemens hash oil atty is where it's at. $25 for two may seem a little expensive but it seems like they last forever . The taste is unbeatable and you can still pull clouds. If you're looking for HUGE hits that will have you coughing for days , get the Vaped Glass Globe, it stacks vapor like crazy ! If your looking for nearly the same experience but on the cheap? Get a Joytech atty or some Kangers Carts

16. Anyone have any experience with the ruvaped skillets?

17. Think I'll try this one next : eGo LCD battery is with the LCD display, 650 mAh manual eGo LCD battery and 5 clicks On/OFF switch

I have a replacement tank on the way, the coil went out on my original.
    I'm going to give that stainless steel tank a try too.

My dealer also said his connect is designing a new style of tank with an improved coil. I have one reserved so I'll keep you guys posted on that as well.

I'm curious to try the dry herb attachments. My dispensary showed me an Atmos kit, but it wasn't 510 threads, so it wouldn't fit my vape. I didn't have $100 to give him for it anyway, but I got to see one up close. I think by the time it's all over, I'll have an oil tank, a dry herb tank and a wax tank on hand for whatever mood hits me.

18. I like the battery you posted because it has a puff counter :cool: should work out just fine. They do make a Ego-C twist in 650 mah as well if you are on the fence about having a variable voltage battery, but the one you posted should work just fine.

What tanks are you using? Definitely shoot for stainless.

Let me know about the coil your friend is designing, post pics and specs.

Still not sure about dry herbs in these pens yet, but I hope to see something that vapes properly. Seems like alot of combustion going on in some attachments

19. #39 WaxPayne, Apr 30, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 30, 2013
    Anyone interested in an even STEALTHIER option? Here is the new battery I ordered today got it at Discountvapers.com which is another good site but i think litecigusa.net or myvaporstore has them, they're just a little more or might not be in stock.

eGo Mini 420mah - Black with Clip

It's a 420 mah (no pun intended) battery so it packs a little less than half the juice the Ego Twist 1000mah does. This is pretty much for that 1-3 session fix while on the go or at an event and i dont think it can be used all day. Im ordering one merely for testing purposes. It isnt variable Hoping it works great.

Anyone else find some cool parts for these things? Still looking for a better atomizer than the gentlemen's but have not found one.

20. thanks for the info man sorry i didnt reply sooner i dont have internet at the moment but i will thursday and thats when ill be making a purchase!

good to know about the atomizers. i was thinking of getting the micro vaped + a bigger battery, do you think that would work out fine? i remember seeing one on there website ruvaped about a mini pen that comes with 2 for 50? that would be cool to buy with a bigger battery. although im not sure if it would work what do you think?

thanks for all the help brotha!

:smoke: