Royal Caramel, Special Queen, Royal Purple Kush & Super Silver Haze grow

Discussion in 'Outdoor Grow Journals' started by Keyymo86, Apr 12, 2013.

1. The plants have taken well to being transplanted pics coming later tonight

Sent from my iPad using GC Forum

2. Often times u get that smell from trimmin before the plant is dry.. the more u open it up the more it smells like hay.. a pain but best to leave the plant together or chop brancches, but dont trim until its dried or mostly dried.. my first harvest was the same, second much better...

3. thats a highly debated topic between me and my other friend that i grow with whether to dry with the trim attached or trim then hang to dry i done both n honestly never saw much of a difference. where i live is so humid and tropical that drying and curing and also final stages of flowering can get tricky as im sure u will see once my grow gets to that point u will see all the extra steps we take to fight mold and stuff it should get interesting around that stage of the game in this journal...

4. and btw i preffer to leave the smaller sugar leaves till dry and only trim the bigger fan leaves i feel like leaving the smaller leaves helps the drying bud to sweat out the chloraphyl and other impurities threw the leaves stomatas

5. Cool, cool, i leave the fans for 2 days, then pinch em.. sugars till its ready for jar.. i also take the center of the cap and only use the ring on the jar lid. In place of the center i use paper towel.. smells and smokes great in 5 days, no sparkly crispity show when ya burn, i like it.. how do you cure?

Oh, i got a btw also.. i jsut recently trimmed the buds on a maturing plant in its last couple weeks after following grrowers success with it, half the big buds this way and they clearly have swelled larger than the buds left alone.. not sure what dry and cure will present but well see.. the bud leaves are growin back so there will be some trim still...

6. thats a interesting piece of info u mentioned there on trimming the leaves from the buds a few weeks from harvest is what i assume ur saying right??? i like the idea of experimenting but i always experiment on extra clones and never on anything i intend to be my personal supply.... with this grow i plan to experiment with grafting a special queen clone onto a royal caramel plant... if you dont know what grafting is its where you attach a clone to another plant of a different strain and tape it onto the plant and as long as you block all light from the part of the clone thats touching the plant u attached it to it will start to attach itself to the mother plant and then when you flower that particular part of the plant will be a mix of both strains... so what i intend on doing is grafting royal caramel and special queen together to make a caramel queen plant ;) (awesome name for it) it will basically have features from both the strains...

7. #28 Keyymo86, Apr 18, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 18, 2013
    the plants have taken very well to the transplant and i can already start to see a acceleration in the growth since transplanting one day ago heres some new pics from today

View attachment 1184403

image-3369772626.jpg
    special queen

image-1062752462.jpg
    royal caramel

image-2425254123.jpg
    special queen

image-1670577618.jpg
    royal purple kush

image-3865333960.jpg
    another royal purple kush seedling that ive yet to transplant

Attached Files:

8. Currently uploading a new YouTube video update ill post a link when it's finished loading

9. by the way guys the Super Silver Hazes met the marijuana executioner the other day and i was right my boy got some shitty ass seeds from the web site cannabisseeds.com dont ever buy from them the seeds were about 1/4 the size of some regular bag seeds and all my other seeds and most of them wouldnt germinate and the ones that did shot out tap roots but never had enough power to lift themselves out the hole in the rock wool and when i took apart the rock wool after letting them germinate for over a week and a half they didnt look too good at all they were all goey and stuff smh steer clear of cannabisseeds.com shoulda listened to my boy when he said he germinated 40 seeds n only 10 made it to seedlings and out of those only 1 was a female so out of 40 seeds he got 1 female plant and that wasnt even a healthy looking plant smh i wouldnt order again from these guys cannabisseeds.com

Check out my Royal Purple Kush, Royal Caramel and Special Queen#1 grow http://forum.grasscity.com/outdoor-...royal-purple-kush-super-silver-haze-grow.html

10. Lookin good.. ive read up on the graftin, will be cool to actually see.. ya i was referring to trimmin buds a couple weeks early.. the trimmed buds clearly swelled over the untrimmed buds.. chopped her this morn.. my bedroom smells hella awesoke right now...

11. Im sorry about the fuxked up seed situation /:

How long before harvest did u trim the buddz? How far into flower? What did u trim? Sugarleaves or fans? Sorry so many questions, im tryinna increase yield

Check out Jackie and Jah in my CFL grow! http://forum.grasscity.com/micro-grows/1182103-hows-first-cfl-cabinet-grow-goinn-jah.html

12. A week before i chopped i trimmed every leaf half the colas, one from each node so i could compare.. the trimmed buds are noticably fatter.. i will try 2 weeks before nexxt time...

13. Another reason i dont like defoliating is because if you dry with the trim still on for the first 7days during curing ur buds gonna taste like 4 times better n if u dont have those leaves ur cure and drying is gonna take a super long time cause the chlorophyll and other chemicals released during the cure has very few stomata to sweat out threw this has been proven to be a better method for better tasting and faster curing n js necessary on some strains other wise theyll taste like garbage.. this is the main reason that defoliating actually hurts ur bud more then it possibly ciuld ever help it u over do it but there is a magic number a ration of trimmed leaves u should do to leaves left alone that is a perfect balance its sort of like lolli popping and also i leave all large fan leaves the only part i defoliate is actjally called deflowering... i remove most the smaller shoots that only produce small pop corn buds that are good for onoy hash i trim those real early on but i leave the fan leaf right under neath the connection point so as to not disrupt the plants acclimated nutrient and energy and glucose distribution network that i naturally set up on its own ti best suit it already with out the help of man modfying it any this plant doesnt do better when u tteat it to sever everhthing works better when h do it in small amounts to a plant i keep telling everyone on gc but it seems newbies always will fall for the defoliation myth cuz if yoh notice YOU NEVER SEEN ONE SINGLE PROFESSIONAL GROW WHERE THEY CHOP ALMOST EVERY SINGLE FAN LEAF OFF IVE NEVER SEEN PROFESSIONALS CHOP MUCH OF ANYTHING ASIDE FROM CLONES N DEAD LEAVES just thing about that fact for a second

14. U subbed in on grrowers shit? How bout garillagrower? Grrower is the one the gave me the idea.. i will be playin more depending on the taste of this girl.. you may be right, i cant say.. just something i recently tried...

15. Can't wait to see progress on your special queen! Doin
    the same this year.

16. Attached Files:

17. Attached Files:

18. Loookinn great keymo