Nirvana autofem northern lights

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Stin121, Apr 10, 2013.

1. Scratch that. I googled it.

One plant is showing her sex. Yay

2. Lol thank god for google. Fishing line is the absolute worst. Use some coathangers an cut em long enough to stake down your main branches about halfway down and youll see new budsites popping up everywhere. 1 top and some lst does wonders. Id rather grow 4 smaller buds than 1 giant one. Thats just me though, i like growing bud not stems. Then if you have a plant thats gettin taller than the others top it a node or two lower so it will be even in a couple days. You want to get as much light to all of your budsites as you possibly can and since cfl's dont penetrate well it would be wise to keep it as even and open as you can so your budsites can get all of the light that can be available to it. That includes topping to keep your canopys even, lst to keep them more open and some careful pruning to let the light into those really shaded sites. I would highly reccomend a scrog if yoi can though. You have a bunch of colas above the screen and thats it, all getting beautiful perfect even light. Unfortunately for me ive been to lazy to go the scrog route. I dont even know if there was a point to this im really baked and feel like i just rambled for a long time.

3. look at my multi cola LST guide bro

4. Thanks all the guide helped. I might try scrog the next time around. Baby steps this first time. I want to gain confidence first then try different methods.

5. Does the cut up coat hangar method actually work good? I wont puncture any roots when I stake it down? Keep in mind my pot sizes range from 4" to 10".

6. i wouldnt use the hangers. I'd use twine over the coat hangers. just tape the twin to the sides of the bucket.

7. So both plants are LST. Also, both are showing sex, female. So that's good.

Hoping the LST works since I started so late. All of my leaves are so dense. I can't imagine any light getting deep no matter what type I used.

They still aren't smelling yet, which is good since I haven't finished venting it into my chimney.

8. Good good! all sounds like your on the right track. It is a tad late but its fine they will morph into ladies while they stretch just control your main limbs and prune a bit this week and you will get more buds.

9. I figured I was late. I wasn't sure when to start. I figured the stems were still flexible and at least the lower leaves would get light.

10. Tape it down more

11. Take fishing weights and tie down the branches. You can bend it over way more and spread the branches with the line so the light gets even dispensed. Your plants good good. Giving them the natural light during veg will save energy and make your plants grow faster. Just dont overdue it on day one. Nothing compares to the sun. If you are worried about insects just find a window well lit by the sun or use neem oil. Personally you should FIM those while lst and give it natural sun and BOOM goes the dynamite. You may have to move the plants from window to window. Dont let neighbors see. When you have the urge to water MIST!!! If you pay close attention you will know when to water then water THOUROUGHLY then leave them alone. Hope all goes great for you.WHere should I buy seed online that is cheap and legit. I was wanting to do sour desiel. GOOD CHOICE?

12. Ok it's been awhile. So all of the lower fan leaves on both plants turned yellow almost overnight. I guessed nitrogen or lack there of was the cause. I uped the nutes and watered it. It looked much better the next day. I'll confess I used wire to LST the plants at first but finally switched over to green gardening twine. I also trimmed off some fan leaves that were blocking bud sites.

13. I got my seeds from nirvana. Shipped quickly

14. Post some pics its been almost 2 weeks. I was obviously stoned when i told you how to lst because i dont know if i told you that autos shoot up multiple colas without any training. Not that its going to hurt anything though.

15. Stin was the order you placed through nirvan or SSC. I used SSC but my beans DID NOT GERM and this isnt the first time. I have seen good stuff about nirvana but heard it wasnt legit. SSC is legit and arrives in 8 days make sure to get the signature delivery in case customs seizes that shit. If I can find another legitimate bank Im probably done with SSC

16. Your grow looks like my first. AK49 Vision. 2 in five gallon buckets. Under 1 2ft 4bulb T5 yield and 3/4 and OZ a plant. NOT WORTH IT. Now i just drive where its legal and pick some up. 

17. I know that this thread is a year old but I have a quick question for you. I am also growing nirvana fem auto northern lights. I have started mine in 4.5 inch square pots. I am hearing from people that autos dont like to be transplanted. It seems you did it and everything was fine. Do you mind filling me in how it went for you and how your yield was?

18. I have transplanted every auto that I've grown. Never had an issue. I normally get about 1.5 oz yield. I'm growing now in an old cat litter container. So about 4-5 gallons.

Sorry it took me so long to answer. I rarely check that email.