How is it possible to be an atheist?

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by pickledpie, Apr 10, 2013.

1. Kill God.. and have sex with Super Goddesses. Contrary to popular delusio.. I mean belief, Super God is the one who created time and space, the universe.

2. You lost me with your first sentence.

What is the definition of magical pink ponies?
    Descriptive word - Magical and pink
    Ponies = Horses.

Now what is the definition of God.
    God is a being than which none greater can be imagined.

You don't need to believe to know what these concepts mean.

You can't say
    Magical Pink Ponies = GOD

Definition do not match my friend.

3. You can now use point 1 :)
    By definition, God is a being than which none greater can be imagined.

Super God now becomes God because he is now the being than which none greater can be imagined beating God.

If you can imagine another being greater than Super God then that being shall be the God which the definition refers to.

Imagination has its limitations.
    Such as imagine a square circle or a circle square.
    You simply cannot.

It will come to a point where none greater can be imagined.

4. That is just what crazy people say about their belief so they don't feel insecure about it..

5. #1965 Lenny., Jul 23, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 23, 2015
    yes i can. why wouldn't i be able to? we have the same justification and evidence, and both can make sense logically. but as i have said you don't prove things with logic and only logic. logic is a method by which you prove things using actual evidence to feed into logic. you have nothing. you're just pulling definitions out of the air and trying to make sense out of them. there's nothing demonstrable that you have given us to make a skeptical person think it's anything other than random nonsense.

6. Brush on what definitions are.

If you can read my reply.
    You'll see that the definitions for your ponies is totally different from what the definition of God is.

Definition of Logic - reasoning conducted or assessed according to strict principles of validity

"logic is a method by which you prove things using actual evidence to feed into logic."
    That is not the definition of logic my friend.

8. If that is how you feel about it.
    Your opinion still is does not demolishing the statement though.

9. no duh, i know the definitions are different. that is the point. i was demonstrating how you can plug different things into your logical puzzle and it still makes logical sense. that doesn't mean magical pink ponies exist, and it doesn't mean they don't. you still need a little substantiation and not just come up with some definitions of things that seem to make sense. that's not how we know things, that's not a good reason to believe something.

10. Please plug it what you want to say in this format below.

Revise what you need to revise.
    So, that I can understand what you are saying.
    • By definition, God is a being than which none greater can be imagined.
    • A being that necessarily exists in reality is greater than a being that does not necessarily exist.
    • Thus, by definition, if God exists as an idea in the mind but does not necessarily exist in reality, then we can imagine something that is greater than God.
    • But we cannot imagine something that is greater than God.
    • Thus, if God exists in the mind as an idea, then God necessarily exists in reality.
    • God exists in the mind as an idea.
    • Therefore, God necessarily exists in reality.

11. you said in the other topic that you like to troll people... so, you're completely right, sorry i disagreed

12. Thank you for saying that I am right.
    No take backs :p
    I like to troll but not in this thread.

13. #1973 -13 Amp-, Jul 23, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 23, 2015
    Just because god would be the best of the best in everything we could imagine...what about that makes it real?

So just believing something makes it real?

I can imagine the greatest vechicle ever, no other vechicle can be thought of...how does that make it exist?

14. I must've missed the logic or actual reasoning from your post. Read it a few times now and still can't find any of that? You're just repeating yourself. You made a big claim with 'you can prove god using logic', and you haven't backed that claim up at all so far.

15. Also something that's real is better than what's imagined is subjective...

Plus an idea of something greater is what drives progress and the idea is just as important as the final product because you wouldn't have arrived there without the idea in the first place...

People dream of a life better than the one they have, the dream is better than their actual life...

16. You're right.. I can't demolish the statement.. because the statement never had a foundation to begin with. You can't destroy what wasn't built.. and you may think your statement is foolproof, but it is a load of shit because you start with your own personal definition of God right off the bat. Many different believers believe different definitions for God.. and if you try to build on your personal definition without proof (the foundation), your statement will fall faster than a house of cards in a hurricane.

17. Since you were asking for someone to refute your proof, you missed my post on the topic

18. God is just a misinterpretation of Existence.