for those of you who meditate

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by hoodratjoe, Apr 9, 2013.

1. I have learned the "Art of Mindlessness".
     If you can achive that then try and do it without everyone else thinking your a mindless idiot!!!!

2. Yeah AP is the deepest i've gone.. But it's not something you want to do for the thrill and certaintly shouldnt be a daily thing, as it can be incredibly ungrounding..

3. #143 THe8l8, Dec 10, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 10, 2014
    Here's my story

I don't quite remember how I stumbled upon the term ''Kundalini meditation'' and how I first began interested in chakras and all that stuff. All I know is this kind of meditation just took me by surprise. 

I went through a time where my mind seemed to be always clouded with bad thoughts, i had a shitty full-time job underpaid in a supermarket and all I could think of to pass time was smoking weed, play video games or read. Endlessly repeating the cycle, trying to direct my thoughts elsewhere all the time. I think this is why I wanted try meditation, to find something ''simple'' that could help me getaway in a healthy positive way and regain my mental alertness.

The first times, the simple task of keeping still for 30-45 minutes seemed unbearable. I always had to stretch my legs, go pee etc. I guess I was just too nervous to believe I could be able to stop my train of thoughts for almost an hour.

One day, after a nice joint and  watching some cool videos about people creating incredible shapes (sacred geometry) with a drop of water and different frequencies, I found an interesting video about the kundalini. The term Kundalini refers to an dormant potentiel energy serpent that is believed to be dormant inside of us. I learnt that the Kundalini meditation focuses, through visualisation, on rebalancing all seven chakras by using vocalized references to colours, specific tonalities and words thus permitting the awakening of the energy serpent. Needless to say I was incredibly interested by the subject.

As I went throught by very first guided kundalini meditation (on youtube), I was asked to visualize a bright ball of light that would vibrate as saced vowels were sung. This task helped me tremendously in keeping focus on my breath and keeping any disturbing thoughts out of my mind. I began experiencing incredible bliss, whole body vibration and a long lasting clear minded effect. I was totally stunned by the results as I never expected anything to happen other than feeling relaxed.

There is just one last thing I would like to add.

Even tho the first experiences with this kind of meditation were incredibly revealing to me, I quickly began experiencing fear as my body would begin to shake way too intensely to not worry about it. this particular time, I remember once having the crazy though that the vibration would cause my cells to spontaneously combust if I didn't stop and attempted to tear away my headphones in sudden fear only to find myself paralysed. It was like all my muscles were electrically stimulated to the point that I could not control them anymore. I managed to pull myself to a lying down position in my bed and had to remain there at least an half hour to regain full capacity of my senses.

Since then, I have some trouble not feeling anxious when I want to meditate. I've read that It can be dangerous if I am not well prepared or emotionally stable.

Anybody else had the same experience or something similar?

ps.  for those interested here is the link I first used to get into the kundalini awakening

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GhZPCTly1hI