My Organic Adventure

Discussion in 'Organic Grow Journals' started by GiMiK, Apr 8, 2013.

1. Wow.... you lucky (by which I mean hard work and study) bastard... lol

2. That one nug looks like it is the size of my head :eek: :blink: how teh fook... :s Great work dude.

3. lol

took some cuttings tonight and started the soak. going to be busy all tomorrow cleaning the rooms, making a few adjustments and changing the lighting back around to the appropriate rooms. Can't wait to see how this big room handles the mini trees I grew in there.

I'll do a pictorial on my cloning process tomorrow or sunday, depending on how much I get done tomorrow. 

4. Just got caught up on your journal Gimik. Some beautiful work man!! Awesome

5. Thanks gardner but I believe the best is still to come.  :hippie:

Going to be doing it up outside this year, I'll have my own compost to use on top of expanding my vermicomposting efforts, more access to various accumulators and herbs as well as speeding up the indoor program in general.

I'm getting all excited to see the ground finally start to thaw out around here. Couple more weeks and I'll be able to start working it, I hope.

6. nice pull dude!!

those veggers are looking prime and ready to go!

diggin the cali pic too.. looks really solid man.

7. #87 GiMiK, Apr 14, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 15, 2014
    So I finished painting my seed box...

002.JPG

I'm hoping there's enough head space to finish seeds out to help speed up the phenotype hunt  but at 2' it's gunna be a squeeze. I really don't want to flip it upright :bongin:

At least I'll hurry the sexing process up so I can run more lines this year. Some Cherry Bomb, Cascadian Frost, NL something, med man (lol, still haven't sowed these yet) jerry's gear and some homemade ones from a couple rounds ago are on the list so far, time permitting I'd like to try out various others too.

Removed and changed all the bedding from all the worm bins as well as the indoor compost pile and relocated them to one of the outside compost heaps a couple days ago. Hoping to get a nice sized worm population going outside of the bins I have in order to prepare for a couple big bins I have my mind set on making soon. I'll likely undercharge the worm population in them at the start but make it up this fall with additional worms coming from the piles outside. Forgot to take pics as I was sweating my ass off.

003.JPG

Saw some pot worm activity after dumping some neem dregs left over from a tea on my no tills...kind of surprised me how active the surface was with the addition of a living mulch. 

002.JPG

I'll post up some mostly cured pics of the last rounds nuggets tomorrow as well as smoke reports.

8. You've been busy! Looking good dude. Haha you been talkin about making one of those Seattle Tilth bins for a while now. Is that the one you're talking about? Or are you gonna go all out and build an OSCR like Chunk's?

9. I've had the seattle tilth bin going for around or over a year now I think.

005.JPG

I'm planning on building two OSCR bins from the plans Chunk so kindly sent me after I get a couple hoop houses made next weekend, possibly two more if I get the money around. 

10. #90 GiMiK, Apr 16, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 16, 2014
    Smoke Reports for California Dream, Twisted Haze, White Widow (DP) and Mazar.

California Dream

015f.jpg

An explosive growing plant (double the size of other plants during veg in the same amount of time) that produced an excessive amount of flowers. Finishes a good bit earlier than most other sativa heavy cultivars at 10 weeks.

The taste is slightly "spicy" and very "earthy"; this is the one area I found rather lacking. Not that great out of a bowl or water pipe but one of my all time favorites for joints. Some of the best material I've had wrapped in a paper but it's one I'll tend to avoid out of a bong if I have other options.

The smell is very strong, even more so than the white widow, mazar or twisted haze by a good bit. Pervasive smell that seems to fill the house by just opening the jar...strong skunk smell.

The effects are mostly sativa in nature; mellow, calming and creative overtones with negligible lethargic responses. Good for anxiety and daytime smoking; especially nice in a joint. Not the strongest effect but nothing to scoff at or turn away either.

I'll leave you to make your own judgement on bag appeal, the shots provided give a good example of the finished looks.

Twisted Haze

028f.jpg

Growth structure on this hybrid was very "hazey"; lots of side branching and tight nodal spacing with a moderate finish time of 9 - 10 weeks. Very pungent plant while finishing and is a decent yielding cultivar. My personal favorite from this run.

The taste is a key point of interest in this cultivar, as it's a mixture of "sweet", "fruity" and "floral". I like this one out of water pipes and bongs the most.

The smell is very strong, more so though not as pervasive as the California Dream. It's also not a "skunk" smell but rather a pleasant "sweet" one with a mellow background. I dk about your responses but it makes me sweat by just smelling the jar.

The effects are hard hitting and quick like an indica though it's not very lethargic; it tends to be a decently energetic high but not "heart racing". I find it suits me most when playing games or doing something. The only complaint I have for this one is the time it lasts, which isn't sub par but nothing to exemplify either.

White Widow

033f.jpg

The growth structure of this plant was primarily indica; tight internodal spacing, minimal side-branching, good yield and dense flowers. This one finishes in 8-9 weeks, depending on preference.

The taste is kind of a mix between "pine" and "earthy" and a hint of "sweet". Not harsh at all but nothing special here; generic cannabis taste is the way I would generally describe this.

The smell is a mix of "pine" and "skunk" (predominant smell) whilst being moderately strong. 

The effects are narcotic in nature, eliciting pain relief and lethargic responses for a decent amount of time afterwards. Moderately strong generic indica. This is my go to nighttime smoke at the moment but is not my preferred overall.

Mazar

037f.jpg

This one is very, very close to the white widow in terms of growth structure and finish time.

The taste is the best part of mazar; "sweet" and "floral" is the way I would describe it. I prefer this one out of bowls/water pipes and bongs rather than papers, though it's a pleasure regardless of the method utilized.

The smell matches the taste, "sweet" and "floral", with a hint of "fruity". The least pungent smelling cultivar this time around, although it's not lacking.

The effects are rather decent, though different from most others usually flaunted around locally. Instills a bit of thoughtfulness and creativity, whilst providing a bit of a mellow, calming background with which to work in. The least potent one upfront though it provides a "different" experience than the norm I have become accustomed to. (narcotic indicas)

Overall I'd be pleased to run all of these again but time and space constraints will force me to cull out the WW and Mazar in favor of others.

11. Great write ups Gimik!

12. very nice bro..

you're rocking it big time!

13. Sup gimik. Im finally finding more threads now that i can look from the app! Lookn good in here. :bongin:

CW

14. #95 GiMiK, Jun 1, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2014
    I know I know...way overdue for some updates, though I have a couple big ones to write up and upload for in the next few days.

Worst comes to worst it'll be this next weekend when I pull a couple that are finishing out.

Edit; will be actual updates this time, not half ass attempts at showing certain perspectives.

15. #97 donothinggardening, Jun 22, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 22, 2014
    :hello: :hello: :hello: :wave: :smoke: :smoke:

16. Had to use this weekend to make up for the lack of progress from last, so as soon as I get caught up trimming I'll do the deal.  :bongin:

17. #99 Tree dogg, Jun 23, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 23, 2014
    No worries mon  :bongin:

[​IMG]

18. Shit work out for you buddy?

Sent from my LGMS659 using Grasscity Forum mobile app