Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Overthinking things when high ?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by 90s, Apr 8, 2013.

1. im the same way
    also very quite at times....my mind does race but at the same time i like to chill n listenin to tunes when high..that helps with my mind racing

lately tho i have been ok as i found my biggest prob was the relationship i had with my father

not the greatest guy...wasnt really always around and had told myself if he didnt call this year for my bday then i was cutting him off

well he called and im trying to keep a relationship with him now
    theres abviously more to the story but for the past week my highs have been wonderfull

still am quite tho as i really just want to listen to music n chill/relax
    i find i dislike loud obnoxious behavior when im high

drinkin is another story..lol

op there is something definetly bugging you deep down and you need to resolve it

u have nething on your mind you wanna open op or talk about??
    the community is here for ya man
    maybe u just need to get some shit off your chest

2. I know this is an old thread, but I feel the exact same way a OP.

I overthink everything to unrealistic proportions.

Recently I thought that I wasn't actually attractive, even though people have told me I am my whole life. I see flaws in myself that I guess others don't see. This is normal so far, now here's where it gets a little crazy. I thought (and it slightly carries over to the sober me now) that everyone wasn't actually my friend, they were pretending out of pity, and I was actually the ugliest person on earth. I thought that my life was some sort of joke or experiment, and I had constant "viewers" similar to the Truman Show, with Jim Carrey.

I need some advice on how to fix these thoughts, because it is really starting to bug me even when I'm completely sober.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

3. I overthink as well. Maybe we are meant to be thinkers in real life. haha :)

4. Maybe. I've had a few times where I've overthought things so much then I was like "this could be a book" and I literally was writing out a book in my head, with dialogue and everything.

It's strange, because sober me doesn't really enjoy writing.

5. #25 4hxlols, Dec 20, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 20, 2014

I suggest you try some strains that help with anxiety, it may not be a huge problem but if you're thinking down on yourself you don't want this to develop into depression. I used to be very overweight and had the same thoughts with or without weed, tried some blue dream (which is my favorite anxiety strain) and it seemed to go away. Feel free to message me and talk if you're down, because I know where you're coming from as I've been there myself. Take care man. 

6. i overthink everything, and it causes a lot of anxiety; smoking actually helps a lot to calm me down (high-CBD).

7. #27 Chacal, Dec 21, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 21, 2014
    If I'm around other people (especially people I don't know well or am already apprehensive about being around) I know exactly what you mean. I start thinking about my actions like every single thing I do is important (and I've fucked up) or something. I feel like shit, which isn't really my goal.

When I'm alone though, I tend to enjoy myself. I can get those sorts of thoughts, but for me, it's just making myself feel as comfortable as possible (eating food, having a drink, watching something on TV). Sometimes if you start getting in that really dark place, you're the only one who can get yourself out of it (and remember, you can always wait an hour or so and you'll probably be feeling a lot better).

Generally though, I don't like smoking around people I don't know well, sometimes I don't even like being high around my good friends (most of which don't smoke) because, like you said, I tend to over analyze what I'm doing.

Mostly though, understand you're most likely just being paranoid. I always tend to have a more jumpy brain when high (my thoughts flow a lot faster, so sometimes you can get to conclusions that don't really make sense if you were filtering your thoughts as when you're sober). Whenever I come back down, sometimes I find some of my insights valid, if a little bit questionable, but some can be discarded. It really comes down to knowing you.

That said, if you do have a jumpy brain, put it to good use (think drawing) with something that's good to have a very fast mind for, or something you can do without inhibition. I play violin well sober if I'm in the right mood, and while I can't play completely stoned, if I have enough of a mild high, it allows me to more fluidly translate the music into playing (where as when I'm sober I can overthink reading the notes and it makes me mess up). Same with language. There's no stopping of thought (or less inhibited thought, rather) so I can sometimes more easily speak a foreign language.

Good luck, though!

8. Try making one. it might become a hit :)

9. I take a swig of crown royal , not enough in a shot and I'll just relax without drunk effects

10. the problem I run into is that I have these types of thoughts even when I'm just stoned alone in my room. No matter where I go, the thoughts follow. I break dance, and letting music flow through my body is the only way to stop them.

11. you were on a sativa, try to get indicas if you can. but besides that, it wont amplify if you're on an indica. but the self consciousness is a problem for you that u need to fix

12. I just realized that I want to be wanted. And nobody wants me. That's such a shot, but the truth hurts. I have to get over it now. I just don't know how. It's hard not being wanted by anyone.

I realized I've even been the outcast in my own family.

13. you might have anxiety, but you're saying you get that when you're alone, which is weird because anxiety is a social disorder so whenever you're alone you shouldn't worry, just calm down and tell yourself that everything is fine. haha listen to some chill music or something https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pbWhlkw4Pn4

14. i quit for years because of it

it still happens to a degree, but for some reason i now enjoy over thinking things

15. aww maan it's ok, mary jane wants you, shes really nice to people. go get close with your family is first step.

16. This is the beauty of weed. It forces you to think about the stupid shit you've done and gives you the option of changing it.

If you're reminded of all the stupid shit you've done, I would suggest doing less stupid shit for future convenience.

17. It's hard. Life is hard. Solitude has become my routine. I need something, anything, that can show me that there is still hope and beauty in this fucked up world. I have never had an easy day in my life. I've eaten TV dinners and sandwiches since I was little. Family couldn't afford anything more. I dislike my family for this life I have lived so far. I've had so many hardships I don't even know how to trust, but at the same time I don't know how to let go. I will hold on to people, and at the same time try and call them out on lies. I hold everything in too. I bottle up my emotions. What's crazy is that as I type this I can physically feel myself slowly releasing the stored stress inside of me. What's crazier is the stress fills me up from my esophagus down to my toes, and this is just the tip of the iceberg.

18. \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t“If you want to reach a state of bliss, then go beyond your ego and the internal dialogue. Make a decision to relinquish the need to control, the need to be approved, and the need to judge. Those are the three things the ego is doing all the time. It's very important to be aware of them every time they come up.”\t\t\t\t 
    \t\t\t\t“The secret of attraction is to love yourself. Attractive people judge neither themselves nor others. They are open to gestures of love. They think about love, and express their love in every action. They know that love is not a mere sentiment, but the ultimate truth at the heart of the universe.”
    \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t 
    \t\t\t\t\t~Deepak Chopra

19. Thought provoking. Perspective shifting. Funny how such amazing and inspirational quotes on this subject were shared by someone with a name such as yours. :) Thank you.

20. Marijuana is a good way to view your own narcissism.  Over thinking things is not a good thing.  That's not to imply you shouldn't reflect and learn but over thinking your actions and how they are interpreted by others, thought over by others, spread around by others etc etc is not a good thing.

Marijuana helps you surface emotions, feelings and issues you might not have realized are there.  If you aren't mentally ready for it or capable of handling it, it can be overwhelming and end up steering your stoned ship into choppy waters.  Don't just try to ignore it but listen to it and see what you can learn.