First time grower White Widow (pics) and a question

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by growiusmaximus, Oct 23, 2006.

1. Ahh
    Old Southern Cali, my old stomping grounds.

2. damn those look good. after seeing how much faster it is, fuck it i'm going hydro i think. cannabis cup? you are the envy of all of us! +rep.

3. Funny, my buddies and I have been trying to put together a trip to the cup for 8 years or so. I could never get them to commit when it was time to book. So this year I said fuck-em and planned a trip with my girlfirend. So of course all my buddies decided this was the year to go as well.... There was six of us in total and what a blast. Amsterdam is such a great city (not for the fact that cannabis is tolerated) just that the people are so friendly, the city is beautiful, and the Dutch love freedom. Cannabis Cup was fun but I would not do it again. Too hectic.... 29 coffee shops to visit in 4 days of judging. Each shop has at least one weed entry and 2 hash entries. Thank god there was 6 of us to split the cost of buying all the entries. Only 2 shops gave their entries away for free. So much weed and hash to try. By the end we would up only taking green hits and tapping them out, there was just too much to smoke. (Did I really just say that)...

My next trip will be in the summer or spirng so I can see a warmer side of the Dam (it was cold). I would enjoy the coffee shops more at a relaxed pace, like 2 or 3 a day not 7-9 a day. I attended a few grow seminars hosted by DNA seeds and Soma, which was very informative. Overall I think everyone should attend the cup once if they consider themselves a seasoned smoker. We tried this one "Neder Hash" entry from DaDampkring called Waterworks.. It was isolater hash that looked like a piece of amber glass. Tal about one hit shit. We were fucked up. It was 78% THC.

I also posted pics below of the "Sacred Sand" which was awesome and the winning weed Arjans Ultra Haze #1".

On a side note, I also got engaged while in Amsterdam to my girlfirend. She is the most awesome chick. We smoke together and grow together.

Attached Files:

4. (quote) DaDampkring called Waterworks
    i've heard of that stuff (high times, i think) and i WILL try it before i expire, amsterdam is the only place that i want to visit across the pond.
    and congrats on your engagment! i'd love to have a wife that i can not only smoke with, but grow with too! my gf is ok with smoking, and she'll toke once in a while but will never let me grow at our place. so again, congrats and i wish you and your future-wife all the happiness in the world.

5. Sounds like the trip is a must do for all tokers. Congrats on the engagement.

6. Trichomes have been going nuts this last week. Buds are looking nice and frosty. Here are some pics

Question for anyone: I want to harvest when i get a 80% cloudy 20% amber trichomes. Once i start to see some amber trichomes how fast a rate will they change? My question pertains to giving them a 36 hour dark period before havest and I dont want to get to many amber trics.

Attached Files:

7. It is hard to know. Just go 36 hours when you see 20% amber. That percentage is just an estimate anyway. I can't imagine they would change over to amber that quickly [36 hours]. What happens if they get 30% Amber? I think this might all be trivial. Nonetheless, the plants look very nice.

8. High max! :wave: Yeah..I was going to say something very similar. What is the purpose of the 36 hr period? I was always taught to harvest right at lights out, so they get their last full day of light. Anyways, congrats on the trip and grow! Peace, TBug

9. Hey T.Bug thanks for the reply. I am doing the 36hour at the end because I have found that recommendation in 3 books and from the seed bank. It was recommended specifically for white widow and a few other strains i dont remember off the top of my head. Its purpose it to stress the plant into thinking its dying to coax the maximum amount of resin into the glands right before harvest. As this is my first grow I only speak from what I have read or been told.

Any opinions?

10. Yes, I'd like to know this as well

*bump*

11. Like I said before, I think it is really a trivial topic. I have harvested both Durga Mata and Chronic both ways [harvesting at lights out, and 36hours of darkness] and really I don't think I noticed a difference. Maybe since the WW specifically calls for 36 hours dark than it will make more of a difference. Either way, if you treated all phases of growing properly, I think your weed will be great no matter how you cut it. After all, the biggest determinant in potency is genetic and you have good genetics.

12. High VTEC! I can live with that....Once again I was thinking something similar. Seems logical anyway. I can't see it making a noticable diference to you or I. unless it affects it on a chemical level or something, but that has never been suggested before. Peace, TBug

13. Wasup max,
    Im about to start my first grow. Suprisingly I had the same setup ideas as you did. I was going to buy a hydro kit from stealth hydrohttps://www.stealthhydroponics.com/index.php?a=SHH2&gclid=CJDKtuOnkocCFSIeUAodW1l6pA and also some white widow seeds from amsterdam seeds, the same place you bought them from. I just wanted to find out if the seeds were good quality, and would the hydro kit I bought be suitable for growing.

14. Hey smokindro

That system will work if you go with a quick veg then flower. I only vegged for 35 days and my babies are over 6 feet tall and 3 feet diameter. Hopen for at leat 3 - 4 oz per plant. I found the genteics are ok with amsterdam seeds. I recently sent some seeds from amsterdam for my next grow from homegrownfantasy.com it all boils down to genetics.

Here are some new pics. WOW GOD GOLLY MISS MOLLY

When i first saw this bud cluster deep in the canopy and thought i saw mold at first glance. Upon closer inspection it is dense clusters of trics on the edges of the leaves. Cant wait to try this stuff

Attached Files:

15. +rep good to see someone doing it right do you know the chop date yet?:rolleyes:

16. Some of your leaves look a little purple. I don't think that is a trait of the WW. Do you know the range of temperatures in the room?

17. Hey SmknVTEC

I think its just the color correction. I do not have normal lighting in there only the HPS and my camera does color correction. I do not see any purple at all

18. Just started the final flush

Attached Files: