Cannabinol Vaporization Temperatures

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by jakesterjammin, Apr 8, 2013.

1. Subbed for mad experiments

2. #145 everteen, Sep 27, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 27, 2015
    This interest me too. I've already used my Ak47 and have only Super Skunk, which is, for me at least, super heavy couch-lock, which always knocks me down in the end. Bad for daytime.

But I've noticed that THC boiling is a little bit lower than CBD boiling point. For THC it seems to be at 157C, for CDB from 160-180C. So if I vape at 158-159,C, can I only get THC without getting any CBD that interrupts with psychoactive high? Or would be just wasting my super skunk? So low temperature should at least leave something for later use?

edit. Dunno really, just tried. You don't get couch-lock and it isn't that heavy, but the effect is still indica-like high, just milder. Only a little bit more psychoactive.

3. I've gotten excellent vape at 260 degrees with my Easy Vape desktop unit.

4. This is all great information. A friend and myself have been scouring the internet for this stuff yet keep finding all different sorts of conflicting information. Pure gold facts here! Love this forum.

5. 220c good for me

6. I've had a Q since they came-out and I keep it at 419F. I don't know about others but I like to load the screen instead of the bowel.

Peace

7. So better to vape at the highest temperature possible for more efficient vaporization?

8. I just got vision spinner2 not long ago it has volts not temp could someone help me out?

9. If we are vaping at temps above 200 C then the low density hydrocarbons in our dry herb will combust respectively with increasing temperatures up until their flash point (~600C) where auto ignition will occur. I.e at ~200C u will be combusting terpenes and benzenes producing a small amount of toxic vapors.Also note that THC degrades into THC-Z on heating so a gradual rise to u r desired vaping temperature may induce a more 'heavy stone'.Also note that the temp displays on most of the vaporizer devices on the market are wildly inaccurate.I have come up with a few solutions regarding this inherant flaw in dry herb vaping that allows me to boil off the active ingredients while avoiding combustion of my materials.Glad I found a site who's members understand the destination between vaping and combusting. The amount of posts I see where users are clearly charring thier materials through vaporizers attached to water bubbling devices is worrying.

10. well ive been vaping at 315 C to get thc just boiled. I find i get super high as appose to my old temperatures of 375C and 420C.

Just like with green tea weed needs to be babied in orer to achieve full medicinal effects.. just saying. unless you want to be a red eyed super hungry zombie.

11. On my Arizer Air the sweet spot is green 200C to yellow 205C. Used everyday past 60 days. Testing it for review.

12. 183 - 185'C is perfect for me
    I use the Crafty mostly.

13. Using the Mighty:
    185C-190C for dry herbs
    200C-210C for concentrates (using liquid pad)

• Like Like x 1
  14. We all (or should) know the vaporization theory of more goodies with less exposure to harmful materials but I see almost everyone forget to heatsink their bowls. We are sucking the "steam" off a boiling pot. If we start our suck before the bowl is boiling then our inhale will have more air in it stopping us from getting lion's share of goodies.
    Just wait a few seconds before beginning inhale. Larger, thicker clouds that don't condense on stem (passing lowest temp vapor leads to more collection as it is close to solidization.)
    Remember the idea is to get the vapor into you, not admire it. (blowing big cloudy exhales means you were exposed but passed on absorption.)

15. I heard using a bubbler/waterbong reduces or filters the essential oils in the herb? Wouldn't this stop the high from reaching its full potential?

16. Here's some info you might find interesting.

CA NORML Health Information

My thoughts are that bongs reduce the amount of THC you take in per volume of smoke but because the smoke is cooled, and by the very nature of how you smoke a bong, you end up taking in more than you would otherwise from a pipe or joint.

So I'd describe bongs as less efficient but more effective at getting you high.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Thank you very much, makes more sense now.