Cannabinol Vaporization Temperatures

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by jakesterjammin, Apr 8, 2013.

1. I warm my Arizer solo to 6 then take a hit or too then vape at 5 and back to 6 creates nice taste i remeber tasting from purple haze. that pure thc taste.Mmm Mflb my balls get a solo for the same price, usually very good mids and ground up real fine . So i put 2 screens in the stem on in each end and hold the solo at an angel to not get herbs in the chamber. Get really stoned off 2 stems.

2. I use an Extreme Q and increase temp as I go, starting at 390<sup>o</sup> F and ending at 446<sup>o</sup>F. I don't have a problem, but then again, I'm not toasting a green bowl at that temp, only getting the last hit or so. This is the only vaporizer I've used so far. I've had it for a couple years now. Maybe I'm weird...

3. #123 logiklewis, Mar 15, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2014
    Great thread. Hey just a heads up for anyone who likes to vape and has an interest in Cannabinol I can provide you with more info on where to find a hemp vape that was specifically made for CBD rich hemp oil. The product I am referring to is legal in all 50 states. Send me a message for more info.

4. I decided to change this up and see how it compared. Instead of starting at 390<sup>o  </sup>and going up from there, I've been just leaving it at that temp, and while it takes a bit longer to finish a bowl, I find that I'm getting just as high with better-tasting vapor from beginning to end. 

• Like Like x 1
  5. Digital Volcano goes to 446 degrees Fahrenheit

"Volcano everday, baby." - Darth Vapir

6. Vape temp guide

Attached Files:

• Winner Winner x 1
  7. Thanks for sharing this.. I've heard of Vape stepping.. working at a low temp and vaping up through the higher temps.. with this list I can see why this would be an interesting idea to work with.. you can start off getting the more flavorful cannabinoids and work your way up into the more robust cannabinoids.. allowing you to experience each cannabinoid itself, for its taste and effects..

http://extremevaporizers.net/da-vinci-ascent-the-ultimate-vaporizer-review

the da vinci Acent vaporizer has a digital vape stepping timer that allows to preset temperature changes,
    does anyone know of any other vaporizers that has this feature.. or has any experience with the "Vape Stepping" method?

8. I like to set my volcano to 406 but start filling my bag when its around 380 and rising. Gives better flavor, all around better/cleaner high and works really well with my two foot bag.

9. Such awesome information!

I've read a lot of this and other threads, and I apologize if I have missed this, but I'm wondering if anyone has had a successful experience when trying to separate out THC first to vaporize only (or mostly) just the CBD for medicinal purposes so that a person could reap the benefits without getting too high to function...?

I've seen lots of theoreticals and data, but are there experiences of this?

I'd love to hear!

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

10. cannabinoids 
    ?-9-tetrahydrocannabinol (THC)
    Boiling point: 157*C / 314.6 degree Fahrenheit
    Properties: Euphoriant, Analgesic, Antiinflammatory, Antioxidant, Antiemetic

cannabidiol (CBD)
    Boiling point: 160-180*C / 320-356 degree Fahrenheit
    Properties: Anxiolytic, Analgesic, Antipsychotic, Antiinflammatory, Antioxidant, Antispasmodic

Cannabinol (CBN)
    Boiling point: 185*C / 365 degree Fahrenheit
    Properties: Oxidation, breakdown, product, Sedative, Antibiotic

cannabichromene (CBC)
    Boiling point: 220*C / 428 degree Fahrenheit
    Properties: Antiinflammatory, Antibiotic, Antifungal

cannabigerol (CBG)
    Boiling point: MP52
    Properties: Antiinflammatory, Antibiotic, Antifungal

?-8-tetrahydrocannabinol (?-8-THC)
    Boiling point: 175-178*C / 347-352.4 degree Fahrenheit
    Properties: Resembles ?-9-THC, Less psychoactive, More stable Antiemetic

tetrahydrocannabivarin (THCV)
    Boiling point: < 220*C / <428 degree Fahrenheit
    Properties: Analgesic, Euphoriant

Terpenoid essential oils, their boiling points, and properties

-myrcene
    Boiling point: 166-168*C / 330.8-334.4 degree Fahrenheit
    Properties: Analgesic. Antiinflammatory, Antibiotic, Antimutagenic

-caryophyllene
    Boiling point: 119*C / 246.2 degree Fahrenheit
    Properties: Antiinflammatory, Cytoprotective (gastric mucosa), Antimalarial

d-limonene
    Boiling point: 177*C / 350.6 degree Fahrenheit
    Properties: Cannabinoid agonist?, Immune potentiator, Antidepressant, Antimutagenic

linalool
    Boiling point: 198*C / 388.4 degree Fahrenheit
    Properties: Sedative, Antidepressant, Anxiolytic, Immune potentiator

pulegone
    Boiling point: 224*C / 435.2 degree Fahrenheit
    Properties: Memory booster?, AChE inhibitor, Sedative, Antipyretic

1,8-cineole (eucalyptol)
    Boiling point: 176*C / 348.8 degree Fahrenheit
    Properties: AChE inhibitor, Increases cerebral, blood flow, Stimulant, Antibiotic, Antiviral, Antiinflammatory, Antinociceptive

a-pinene
    Boiling point: 156*C / 312.8 degree Fahrenheit
    Properties: Antiinflammatory, Bronchodilator, Stimulant, Antibiotic, Antineoplastic, AChE inhibitor

a-terpineol
    Boiling point: 217-218*C / 422.6-424.4 degree Fahrenheit
    Properties: Sedative, Antibiotic, AChE inhibitor, Antioxidant, Antimalarial

terpineol-4-ol
    Boiling point: 209*C / 408.2 degree Fahrenheit
    Properties: AChE inhibitor. Antibiotic

p-cymene
    Boiling point: 177*C / 350.6 degree Fahrenheit
    Properties: Antibiotic, Anticandidal, AChE inhibitor

Flavonoid and phytosterol components, their boiling points, and properties

apigenin
    Boiling point: 178*C / 352.4 degree Fahrenheit
    Properties: Anxiolytic, Antiinflammatory, Estrogenic

quercetin
    Boiling point: 250*C / 482 degree Fahrenheit
    Properties: Antioxidant, Antimutagenic, Antiviral, Antineoplastic

cannflavin A
    Boiling point: 182*C / 359.6 degree Fahrenheit
    Properties: COX inhibitor, LO inhibitor

-sitosterol
    Boiling point: 134*C / 273.2 degree Fahrenheit
    Properties: Antiinflammatory, 5-a-reductase, inhibitor

11. If you vape into a vape ballon/bag at the highest setting you can let the bag cool before you inhale.

12. #132 lwien, Jun 21, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 21, 2014

Blechhhh.........

That vapor begins to condense and go stale as soon as it enters the bag.    Over vaped weed at very high temps that are then allowed to condense and go stale by letting it cool is not my idea of great tasting vapor.

However,  left-over spaghetti can be REALLY tasty. 

13. Nice charts...thanks.

14. #134 Hatchling, Jul 11, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 11, 2014
    Wow, I only just ordered my 1st vape so this info is a great help

Cheers Much

Sent from my alter ego

15. In my opinion its safer than anything we breath in other than oxygen.

16. Fascinating. This certainly explains the common response that vaping isn't as effective.

17. 320 to 375 is good couple of weeks at high then drop it a day for the new good feeling then back up to 375. Repeat.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

18. I wish I would have found this thread a couple days ago. My Extreme Q came in yesterday. I let the oil burn off for 30-45 mins, packed the bowl with .3g, and filled a bag. This was at 250F fan speed on 2. I didn't know a best setting so I started in the middle.

4 or 5 big inhales and I could tell this might have been too much. I sat down in my chair and had a small panic attack, I wasn't hot but I was sweating. I was watching Cosmos on Netflix and it was scaring me so I turned on Cheech N Chong which helped. 30 mins of sweat and I finally calmed down but kept passing out. Slept for an hour and woke up feeling ok, just sleepy the rest of the day. I believe I will try less bud and a higher temp next time as it looks like I wasn't getting the fun stuff I get when I smoke. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1409854314.168005.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1409854332.570400.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

19. #139 TheWhiteLighter, Sep 4, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 4, 2014
    These charts are a great tool.
    From my experience (8 months) the EQ needs to be set at a higher temp because the temperature sensor is reading at the heating element not around your herb. I do bags and whips and I set mine at 225 celsius (437 f).  I  heat the glass and then put my herb in and let that heat up a little with the elbow and bag attached. I usually get a good vapor and the herb is pretty much a golden brown when done.

When doing bags I only fill half when alone so it doesn't cool down too much and go stale before done and stir the bowl before pumping up the heat a bit and do another half bag. You really don't need to fill your cyclone bowl right up to get high.
    Hope that helped.

Edit I also cut the bag whip in half to lessen the tubing between glass. Less path means less resin build up on tube IMO. Edit again..... I use fan speed 1 as I feel it allows the herb to have a better chance at vaping well by not having faster fan cooling down air before it reaches the product.