Outdoor mini greenhouse (will this work?)

Discussion in 'Greenhouses' started by ryansmokes7, Apr 7, 2013.

1. So i live in southern Ontario in Canada, i want to get my plants going soon but obviously with this weather, the ground isnt ready and last frost hasnt come. I found a method online for just using 2 by 4's and the plastic off 2 L pop bottles.

I thought of a different method based off that logic, that i think would work. Keep in mind , im only using this to grow my plants just under a foot tall before planting outdoors. My other idea was to use these plastic boxes, ill attach pictures but i have no greenhouse experience, would this work?

Sorry for any errors (posted from mobile)

Thanks,
    Ryan

Attached Files:

2. This is exactly what I'm trying to find out, due to that i cant grow mine inside. I've germinated them and transferred it into a pot then put one of though water bottles on top. I'll post for further information!

3. As a grower it is vital that you KNOW your local climate, down to the last frost, so you may within 2-3 days, .. be ahead of the weather and everyone else...lol That said it's vital that you have a small grow space inside and warm 75/25c and cheap to run, a pair of T5's or T8's($9.95?.. 4ft's) are great
    to start and early veg to about 6"-8", although 2 sets will also warm the space to 70-75f, even if you just use them for 2-3 weeks per year, they are a great boost to your plants, once you are satisfied that the worst of the winter is over you may harden them off, 2-3 hours a day at first, and with coke bottles tops for propagation type lids.
    Success in this hostile environment means fighting cold and condensation, the latter leading to bud rot...be warned keep them warm and dry

peace
    "V"

4. Exactly what I've been doing. It's working

Posted from my iPhone using GC App

5. does this help seedings in rain?

6. Lol I just put my plants 3 seedlings in 3 small pots in a 2 foot tall box with plex glass as a roof and me and my buddy water them when they need it I germinated ay to early april 2 and last frost wasn't until 3 after when it snowed a few inches! Well now they 4 weeks old and have only 3 nodes not very stretched out, they are autoflowers. We brought them in the garage when it would frost at night.