My artistic progression-oils,acrylic,watercolor,copicmarkers,gouache

Discussion in 'The Artist's Corner' started by bambino404, Apr 7, 2013.

1. Thanks everybody you guys are awesome!

2. two years have gone by i've moved across the country and haven't been able to sculpt in a year :(
    But thats okay its really allowed me to focus on two dimensional art, which i dont think i was ever very good at especially drawing.drawing. Ive made great strides especially recently it seems like im able to draw what i see with a lot more ease.

Ill try and put these in order,
    Tell me what you guys think!

Here goes part 1!

[​IMG]
    This is what really sparked it all. A friend of mine who we refer to as "The Suitcase Kid" because of his fear and loathing esque suitcase has a journal that we all write our high stories and adventures in as well as trippy doodles etc.Anyways it was time for me to put my chapter in and after a lot of pushing he finally got me to write...my nickname being Captain i figured it should have a bad ass chapter header so i decided to draw a boat which i had only done one other time and a roomate handed me some watercolors which i had never used before and wala! this was born still one of my favorites of all time!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    I decided to get a journal of my own a little bit before christmas last year and these are the first few drawing i put into it.(hold out they get better haha)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    another turning point here you can see me getting a little comfortable with colors as well as inking with a brush which is fucking hard and is still hard lol.
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    these were all done around Christmas i was actually way in the mountains at my family's little farm i guess haha its amazing up there.
    A friend of mine saw this starlord and offered to buy it and i told him it was just a small page out of a notebook and i offered to paint a big one on canvas.I GOT MY FIRST COMMISSION!

Im super proud of this one i kinda wanted to keep it haha

[​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

This boat has a cool story to it i guess. I actually drew it really fast and tested my ink and brush on it for the first time because i really didnt care for it, then i tested the water colors on it too because fuck it may as well right?Surprisingly it ended up being one of my favorites(the whit is acrylic)----Also my first woodburning

[​IMG][​IMG]

This is about halfway...i hope so just to be safe im going to post this and continue on part 2!

3. Alrighty then!
    Part 2 COME ON! lol

[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

Some really big turning points here this is where i really started to fall in love with watercolors!
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    The one on the right was Atlantis inspired love that cartoon!

[​IMG][​IMG]
    My other dog finally got around to her..I actually had to give them up to a shelter around a year and a half ago.Her eye is actually filled in i just dont have a picture of it i was too nervous id fuck it up haha.
    [​IMG]
    the colors on this one *drools*

[​IMG]
    some these aren't done yet  including this gladiator inspired one.
    [​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    And these last two i was working on last night..getting the alligators colors right is proving to be difficult.

Thanks for looking guys!!

random extra pictures

[​IMG][​IMG]

My work station and a random duck i found that looks like hes from the colonial age haha.

4. #45 nanners, Jun 12, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 12, 2015
    Damn! I see so much improvement! I love love love, that you have gotten into watercolor, its my favorite media. I haven't had a space to paint for awhile, but im moving soon and plan to set up a studio. Right now its just fiber arts for me. But I really love your new pieces, stick at it! Ever use liquid masking fluid, i love it for watercolor.

5. Thank you so much i've really fallen in love with watercolor especially now that i have kind of figured it out.A studio would be bad ass i cant wait to really have a studio..i look forward to the years where i just have tons of art supplies and work space. As far as masking fluid i have not heard of or used it?.

6. You can find it at hobby lobby or an art store. If you have those where you live. Its like a liquid you can paint over something you want to keep the color since you can only go darker with water color. It can help preserve whites. And you peel it off and the color underneath stays. If that makes since, if it dosnt look it up... lol i use it all the time with water colors. I explained that horribly.

7. Damn! That is astronomically better than anything that I could do. Those look like some happy trees! 

8. I freaking love Bob Ross. My friend used to come to my house in college and we'd get high as fuck and watch him paint. It was like watching God create the Earth.

9. thanks!just takes tons of practice like right now my back is really messed up from hunching over and drawing/painting all the time.
    it really is like watching god i love when he moves a mountain and pauses and hes just in awe of the fact that he has the power to move mountains haha.Always a joy to watch.

10. The last post i made was the end of my first ever drawing journal.Im currently prepairing for my first art show, i recently got some new tools for anyone that knows the significance i got some copics! but ill start with some of my water color and gouache pieces.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    heres a couple gouache portraits

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

ill start with a copic watercolor combo i think you guys will like.
    -next page

11. [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    this is from an unfinished star wars project
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    SUN GOD
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    MY neighbors just got rid of their cabinets which means i get 20 new wood burning canvases.

[​IMG]

Thanks for looking guys!

12. Nice paintings man

~sent from formans basement in point place wisconsin~

13. #54 DoseOfWeed, Jan 17, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 17, 2016
    Wow you have a lot of great work! The water color pieces look sick

14. Thanks guys!
    Ive been working on some pretty cool star wars stuff lately....

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

thanks again for taking a look!

15. Omg dude! You progressed so much! I love it!

16. Holy hell, for first few attempts that work is absolutely gorgeous. You have talent!

17. Those paintings are fucking intense.

18. *Update*
    over last 6-7 months ive been working mostly in gouache and copics...but im really missing watercolors.
    Ill try and go in order here.
    -my goal this time around was to conquer my fear of drawing people.there are a whole series of people practice leading up to these more finished drawing where i was trying to accomplish a likeness as well as a stylized result.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here i took a little break and started messing around with gouache again.(absolutely my dream medium once i can get an understanding for it)
    All of these are very small
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    these last few drawing are pretty recent some being within this week.

[​IMG]
    -this last week somethings clicked and drawing people is coming to me fairly easily.I wouldn't call either of these really finished pieces because they both have flaws i could re draw them and fix them.They're more like finished studies.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    -this is after copic markers.this is also a self portrait.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    SHAOLIN FANTASTIC from the get down super bad ass show!.

If anyone's interested I can do a post of all my favorite youtube artists who have helped me out a ton.
    Also if anyones interested in a sketchbook tour or something id be down.

-Thank you so much for checking out my work!:thankyou:
    Julian (@the_caporroli) • Instagram photos and videos