My artistic progression-oils,acrylic,watercolor,copicmarkers,gouache

Discussion in 'The Artist's Corner' started by bambino404, Apr 7, 2013.

1. Ive been working a lot but i finally did one

Cant tell if its better or worse than my second but it was a harder painting due to all the perspective and i also fucked up a few times..still im getting practice

[​IMG]

2. Really dig the vibe the silhouettes of the evergreens are giving off, plus the mountain scape. I'd only say that the detail in the middle where the trees are be used throughout the middle ground, instead of having patches of green. Nonetheless, great work man.

3. Ya i definitely dont thin this ones is my best but it had been like a month and a half since i had painted so i had to some what re learn some stuff.

4. #24 nanners, May 29, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: May 29, 2013
    I think its better! I really like the sky and background. It could be a bit more polished still. Paint over the parts you messed up, its an easy fix. With acrylics I like to paint in layers. I start off by diluting the paint with water and then add in the shadows and shapes. Spend time on your paintings and don"t try to rush. :)

And another hint. Objects in the foreground are more detailed and the color is more intense, while objects in the background are  less detailed and the colors are more muted.

5. well ive started using acrylics and at first i wasn't too thrilled but im beginning to really love them.

heres all my creations with acrylic from start to now

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Not all are finished

Thanks for looking

6. Sick man! Really seeing improvement. I haven't done acrylics for a awhile,been all about the watercolor. But I still love them. The skull is my favorite. I haven't tried this with acrylics yet, only with watercolors, but adding Isopropyl alcohol  to wet paint on your piece causes a chemical reaction that looks sweet.

7. Thanks! Ill have to try that out...do you know any good free lessons anywhere?

8. Nice job bro.

Really some great expression.  Have you noticed any difference of the outcome based on your emotions or mood?

9. Idk theres always youtube videos with techniques that are helpful. I always layer with acrylics. I start with water downed  paint and work my way up. It really takes a lot of practice. 

10. Do you watch his show while you paint?  the progression looks good, keep at it!

11. Damn, that second one on the first page was actually pretty close to his work.  It always pissed me off that Bob made it look so easy and effortless. 

12. I mostly watch it about two times and then watch it while i paint because hes much faster than i ma so i try to absorb most of it before i start.But i havent had money to buy oils so ive been using acrylic and now im running out :(

So i started a new project...this is just an under painting but im really looking forward to working on it some more.

[​IMG]

@[member="nanners"].. ya ive been watching youtube and it helps a bit but im trying to find lessons on other things than landscapes portraitsa and still life lol..

13. heres a quick  mock up to what i want it to look like

[​IMG]

14. LOOOOL  that's fucking killing me for some reason XD

15. Great work man Im liking it all

16. paint some weed !

17. Thanks everybody!

@[member="landon42"] i actually don't smoke anymore so i probably won't lol unless maybe someone wanted to commission something..but idk if im good enough to start accepting commissions so ya. haha

[​IMG]I hope that isn't gigantic

just throwing some base colors in there i realized the head isnt quite right so im going to have to fix that which is going to suck but ya.I think its lookin pretty cool

18. I like the horse project a lot! 

19. Don't forget a little tree here......and a hit of heroin there.....nah just kidding nice landscape

20. Well just put a little tree down here and it'll be our little secret and if you tell ANYONE I WILL FIND YOU AND I WILL KILL YOUSent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum