cdphalanx's Ongrowing Adventures

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by cdphalanx, Apr 6, 2013.

1. Yeah, I try not to overshoot the TDS, either... but sometimes it happens :rolleyes:. When I do that I simply add some RO to dilute it to where I want it to be, then dump off what I dont need. This works for me since Im not using large amounts of nutrients/additives... but I wouldnt want to be just dumping 'perfectly good' soup if I were in, say, JJ's shoes.

BTW: JJ be sending people with bacteria issues my way. Got a PM this morning. I lol'd when he said JJ sent him my way.

Gave the dude some basic info and still waiting to hear back with more details. :wave:

2. Minor update:

6x JoJo Kush seeds - 6 of 6 showed taproot before being placed in soil 5 days ago. As of today, not a single one has popped its head above surface. Keeping the soil moist, but not wet via SIP.

Beginning to think that I may have planted them too deep (~1") and theyre having trouble pushing their way up. :confused_2:

Meanwhile, 3x GrandDaddy Purp beans... 2 have sprouted above the surface and the other appears like it will be 100% emerged by this time tomorrow. Maybe even by the end of today.

Our DWC lady, Critical Jack Herer, looks beyond happy, but Im now fighting the ph. It does not want to stay down. Definitely time for a fresh nute mix... thankfully, I have it just about ready to go. Still just working on dialing the ph in, slowly.

I'll put up pics later. Gonna lay on the couch for a bit now. Fuckin back is killing me today... wish I had something a little more indica dom on-hand. :smoking:

3. I always mix my soup in a massive tote then pump it to my rez for this reason. Because if I'm over or whatever I keep it in the tote for my top offs, that way I'm not waisting any food.

4. Ya, I get a butt load of "help me" PMs and sometimes just do not have the time to deal with them......
    There are a lot that register just to PM me a question......
    I only post to GC, so it's like people know about me in other forums :confused_2:

So I'm going to refer them to people which I taught how to deal with something....
    Like you know how to deal with root rot and bacteria now.... :D

:wave:

5. That's the best way to do it, send your students! Plus we've got to pay it forward for all the help you've given us!

6. JJ i refer people to your threads with the caveat to never bring up h202 until they have read the thread to know why not..lol!

7. It was funny until he starting talking shit about my wife.....
    That was the game changer and now gloves off, not going to stop until YOU'RE OUT OF HERE.... lol

I give respect where respect is due.....;)

8. Its all good! I have him some pointers and asked for a bit more info. :wave:

Too bad he'd already used bleach and was talking about h2o2 :smoking:

9. :eek: :eek: :eek:

[​IMG]

:rolleyes:

:D

:wave:

10. Ya , i travel a lot of threads and there are some real peices of work out there ..the other day i had to walk a blade thru calibration process..many regulars here gave up on him because of his tone of attitude..but thats how lots are these days with the internet disconnect in proper ettiquette in discourse caus its not face to face..turned out this blade was trying to calibrate h is ph pen using the liquid test drops that come in the PH UP&DWN kit i was able to figure it out because he was taking good notes and reading back saw no mention of calibration fluid..upon close questioning in spite of the ''attitude'' and puttin up a pic of the bottles i found what he was doin F'd up and now he back on track..but really i can do it because i'm bored and have time but i've had to unsub from a few because they are clueless

11. IMO if someone cant communicate clearly, its their own fault. With all the tools available to us for translations, etc... theres really no excuse for poor communication.

If you cant communicate AND have an attitude? Well fuck you then. Respect is earned.

The internet has made people lazy and its a shame. Couple that with people growing up feeling 'entitled' because of all this 'every kid is equal' and 'no child left behind' and 'positive reinforcement' and you have a society that can barely communicate and has no respect for one another... and god forbid you dont hand-feed them the answer they could have found themselves on google in a fraction of the time... yikes.

Its horrific.

12. You got that right CD..i was in the store yestrday and watched one of these guys fail to get help from the clerks because he wasn't assertive in person..they walked right past him and helped those who asked..this guy was gettin all fustrated..i laughed as i got my stuff and headed out..he was there when i got there and when i left..

13. Well IMPHO, it's the experienced growers that do not want to teach the pups...
    And a LOT or MOST of that comes from the disrespect we sometimes get for simply trying to help.....
    Usually it does not come from the person which asking for help, it comes from the internet "I grew 10 plants and now an expert" people which simple read a book and maybe grew a few plants, but NEVER really getting into trouble, such as a bacteria problem, or a nutrient disorder...

So cause the BOOKS say I can use FUCKING BLEACH the experienced growers which KNOW WHAT IS IN BLEACH are wrong.....
    Un-Fucking Unbelievable................ Bleach........ :rolleyes:

Sure it kills bacteria..... :D
    Good Luck with all dat.................... :wave:

But point being, it's the experienced growers which do not want to take the time to walk a noob through a grow....
    Like tharealmclovin, I walked him through 1 grow, we discussed the basics of hydroponics through the grow, and he's good to go now, and I simply comment on his progress......................

But unless some of the experienced growers come out of the shadows and walk these noobs through a grow, they simply do NOT know better, and YES sure bleach kills bacteria............. BUT........... YES H2O2 kills bacteria.......... BUT................

Just my 2 chillings anyway...............

Now back to the show....... :D

[​IMG]

14. Back to topic!

As you can see in the pic, all 3 GDP beans are doing quite well. One of them even shot a root out the bottom just this morning.

[​IMG]

I decided to dig up 2 of the JoJo beans (in the solo cups) to see what was going on... and sure enough, they were dunzo. SMH. Decided to check the rest and they were all the same, so I ditched them... the pic above is form last night, hence why theyre still there.

Which brings us to these babies. 3x fem Humbolt Blue Dream. I cut the solo cups down to about 1/3 normal height, filled with fresh dirt and dropped these beans about 0.25-0.5" deep and only lightly covered them. Made sure all the taproots were pointing down, too.

[​IMG]

Also, here is Critical Jack Herer from last night as well:
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

15. Too bad about those beans, at least CJH is still kicking ass!

16. Indeed, CJH is still chugging along.

I'm not to shook up about the beans. They were unsexed freebies. Going to chalk that one up to rookie mistake for soil.

Hopefully i got it right with the blue dreams!? :smoking:

17. Yeah let's hope so!

18. CD, just wanna say thanks for the advise. I really appreciate it. I know helping noobs can be difficult.

19. #59 cdphalanx, Apr 15, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 15, 2013
    No worries, dude! You've been easy to help. :wave:

Jury is still out on the latest one. :smoking:

20. #60 cdphalanx, Apr 15, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 15, 2013
    Critical Jack Herer - Day 4 - 12/12

ppm: 1010
    ph: 5.6

Just realized that I didnt swap out my MH bulb for HPS when I flipped. Whoooops! Correcting that later today. She also just started showing alternating nodes, so shes mature enough at least. :D

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

GDP - Day 7 - 18/6
    Blue Dream - Day 1 - 18/6

Need to get the temp up a bit in here, but otherwise things looking good.

[​IMG]