Pax vaporizer question

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by OneS, Apr 4, 2013.

1. I recently bought a pax vaporizer, and the first few times everything was great, awesome taste, smooth inhale, and very light vapor exhale. But lately I've been noticing that the taste is minimal, and hardly any vapor is exhaled. It still works fine, I certainly feel the effects, but it's much weaker. I've tried cleaning it and adjusting the temperature settings but neither of them worked. So my question is am I doing something wrong? Has this happened to anyone else? Do you have any ideas to try to fix it? Any help would be great!

2. are you making sure you are pressing down your herb?

might be defected

3. It's ground up well and placed in the oven but I don't press it down, how tightly does it need to be pressed?

4. Very firm. :smoking:

5. i think it's best when you completely fill it with grinded bud but dont press it down
    whenever i press it down its a lot harder to pull

and how long are u waiting between each take? the longer u wait the bigger cloud

6. I usually wait a few minutes because I'm afraid of overheating, but even on the first pull there's seems to not be any cloud at all

7. is the oven hot? could be a defective unit if your not getting any clouds at all.

8. The oven is definitely hot, like I said, it works, I can feel the effects, just not nearly as strong as I did the first 2 or 3 times

9. hmmm is your herbs dry. also try re-adjust your metal screen.

10. I recommend you pack it but not too tight. Ploom recommends this. Cheers

11. Try stuffing it full with your herbs but loosely and not firm. Make sure your herbs are dry and that the vaporizer is already heated in it's recommended temperature. If this doesn't work still, then it's defective. They have a guarantee for Pax and I believe it's longer than 3 months at least. How long have you been using yours?

12. Double check this. I've heard the PAX has a habit of getting less effective when it's not cleaned properly and really regularly.

13. Seems like a weird question but in what way are you inhaling from the unit? I find the Pax doesn't hit like a typical vape; rather than take long smooth draws I puff it like a cigar. When I don't do it that way though I feel like its pretty hard to get a nice rip/resulting cloud. Hope this helps.

14. Stop telling him to pack it loose, thats the first thing to do wrong. You need to pack itas tight as u possibly can, press it down all the way. You should have .4 fully grinded pressed down as much as possible, it should be about 3/4 full if done correctly. What I use to ptess mine down is a black bic pen TOP. I use the part with the circle to pack and pointy part to clear the bowl when im finished. I do this because I noticed my edges weren't getting vaped when I used my fingers. Some people recommend stirring your bowl after every so many hits but I dont, I start on orange and if I feel like getting any extra vapors I will bump it up to red after about 15 hits, then probably pull in about 8-10 more hits. Mind you this is all off of .4! Secondly make sure its clean, especially the mouthpiece and vapor pathway. That should actually be first.

15. Im having the same problem, ive tried all the recommendations here. Mine if giving off vapor though its just not as strong or as big as it was when i first got it a few weeks ago.

16. I just got mine and opened it and the first bowl went well for about 3 hits and then the vapor quality dissipated quickly. And now I get barely anything from a fresh packing I just read to try and pack it in as tight as possible so I may try that as well.

17. I am having the same issues. Very minimal to no vapor is omitting on exhales. Feels like its working just not 100% properly. Which for such a pricey piece is not acceptable. I'm hoping ploom will help me out as I just got the product about 30hrs ago

18. I promise they will help you out. Contact their customer live online chat on their website and tell them the problem. They will send you an email with a shipping label so you can send it to them to have it worked on. Once there, they will determine if it can be fixed or if you need a new one. I'm telling you exactly what I did like 2 weeks ago and they sent me a new one.
    I owned it for 6 months before I sent it in. It has a ten year warranty so your fine.
    Trust me man they will take care of you! :smoke:

19. I am interested in the Pax. Is it completely odorless?