Growing in clay

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by Brizzl, Apr 4, 2013.

1. You would need to dig a 2x2 for each

2. Yeah that's what im doing.. cept one of my holes is 3x3.
    and the other is 2 1/2 by 2 1/2ft. I hope all goes well. How much did you yield tbit, how much sunlight did they get?

3. I just grew 2 plants and got a 1 and 1/2 pounds. Sunlight was an issue and I would have gotten more. Sun was about 10 hours a day of direct and of course indirect for 3 hours. I did use flowering nutrients toward the end. Planted in June and harvested sept 15th

4. Nice yield. My spot in only about 7-9 hrs direct :( but thanks

5. 2x2 for each? I'm pretty sure I can handle that..

6. Also make sure that you have some proper drainage with clay water can become stagnate way too easy. That was why I just piled on the dirt. So building on a small hill or gentle slope is ideal for clay.

7. Yep mine are lined with sand at the bottom and built up to little mounds, im going all organic so I don't really have to flush I hope the smoke doesn't end up bite-y though. This clay soil holds so much firkin water in it x) I now know to only water so often

8. Alright thanks everyone. I'm gonna be using tbitty's method. How high do you make the hills?

9. You have got it right bro and you will be great as long as your roots never touch clay. I am sure it will be great ak47 grows so well outdoors it is amazing. What are you trying this year?

10. Well I got a bit carried away. They were/are 2 and 1/2 high and about a 6 inches deep on a small hill with huge ass blackberry bushes all around. It is a pretty site.

11. Take a bag of lime to your grow, lime will break down the clay for you, dig in a little organic matter and your clay issues will go with it.

12. Organic matter meaning potting soil or leafs and sticks?

13. Potting soil, leaves etc are good to help condition the soil as they will provide food for your plants. If you have some compost you can take to the site, you may find some half decent soil in and around the area which will make it easier on the legs...a good soil is generally dark or almost black in colour with a good humus rich smell to it.

14. Yeah my soil is straight up clay and sand. I'm just gonna throw a couple bags on top of the ground and grow.

15. Hey guys just planted all my plants outside. Things are looking good. Just planted 6 purps of 2 strains, 3 grapefruit, 3 lemon, 3 diesel, 3 skunk, 3 cheese. Wish them luck as I going on Vacation for a week.