Are my plants good for 16 days old?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by JohnFlameLegend, Apr 3, 2013.

1. lol I can't help ya but I'm from the Caribbean and lambs bread is a legendary jamaican strain from back in the day....i'm a bit too young to have had any since it's prime was that long ago but its all the rasta men talk about when they talk bout weed from earlier times....thought I could bring it back lol

2. [quote name='"GreenTeaFtw"']

Ahahahahahhaha dude it's because your soil is so low in your pot, the seed had to stretch out to even feel the sun.

Please learn your shit dude, no offence :p[/quote]

A lot of people do that, but as it grows they add more and more soil to support it. But yah he shoulda started with a little more, then added more for support. I'm surprised it hasn't fallen over and died yet. Looks silly at this point

3. Thats what i did and transfered to a bigger pot i put the soil all the way up the the leaves and since then it has grown prob 4 inches and blades on the 4 leafs are looking healthy

4. Make sure you're giving them plain water. I made the mistake of giving mild nutes to seedlings. Slows growth.

5. I disagree. I have seen plants grow over 1 foot in a Dixie cup. Do not transplant more than you need to you will stress the plant and stress= less weed. But yes make sure you don't start feeding it for about another 2 weeks.
    Good luck

6. Is it true?
    How long are the plants considered seedlings?

7. About 2-3 weeks. Once they start gaining their fan leaves you can give them a high nitrogen feed to begin veg and put them outside.

8. SteveFrench420, your avatar is freaking me out ... in a funny kinda way! I feel sorry for tokedout's plant. On average, after planting the germinated seeds, how many days does it usually take before the plant starts to pop out of the soil? Is 70 degrees warm enough? And once the plants do pop out of the soil is 20" from the bottom of the light bulb to the top of the baby plants too far apart (once they start showing through the soil) or is too far apart? :)

[​IMG]

9. That's bubbles from trailer park boys. I've named my plant after him. It should only take a day or two for the seed to come up but make sure the soil is moist. 70 degrees should be ok but I germinate my seeds on a heating pad for reptiles. I would lower the light to about 6 inches above the seedlings or they will stretch. Or put the plants on a bow if you can't lower your light. But for the first few days, they will be okay with any light at all.

10. Uhhhh... I gave my 1 week old seedlings a small dose of BioGrow and I think this shit actually slowed my growth... what do I do?

11. Seedlings usually have pretty slow growth to begin with. Just keep giving it water

12. Relax, give your plants plain water and they should be fine, just a little stunted.

13. You're right because all they're doing is building their root system.

14. I'm quite new to actually bothering growing

And my seedlings are sprouting
    But looks like there stretching to much
    It's about 5" and it's been two days
    There just on my windowsill
    Only plain water
    I've been giving them a smaller feed every night
    And when the sun starts to go down I put it under a lamp
    About 10" off the plants
    Anything I should know? Or should I just sit back and let nature take its course

15. And my seedlings are sprouting
    But looks like there stretching to much
    It's about 5" and it's been two days
    There just on my windowsill
    Only plain water
    I've been giving them a smaller feed every night
    And when the sun starts to go down I put it under a lamp
    About 10" off the plants
    Anything I should know? Or should I just sit back and let nature take its course[/QUOTE]

Your giving them nutes? Doesn't the soil already have them? keep in mind your only slowing plant growth and they should be in a spot were they get more sun rather then being on the windowsill.

16. You were doing the right thing by giving them plain water stop giving them feed at all for the first few weeks. Their stretching is an indicator of low light. Or they possibly stretched because you didn't put enough soil in the cup but if you did then its the light. You can also add a little soil for support and roots will eventually grow out the stem. I'm kinda high but I think I understand your problem. And also it would be good to get some airflow to help strengthening its stem or just talk to your babies and breath on them.
    Good luck

17. 10" is too far away from the seedlings that's why they're stretching....try 4-5"

18. Happy holidays

19. Everyone check out my new thread its an update to this one!!! Its 33 days outdoor grow tell me what you think.