Ironheads Perpetual Dream Room

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by Ironhead, Apr 2, 2013.

1. #19941 Ironhead, Mar 30, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 30, 2015
    Morning friend.

Ya know if i were you, I would clean up all that dry sift you have with the rosin tech.. It just makes your material melty, when it wouldn't normally be. That video Chef posted of BubbleMan doing it was really simple. If I could find my damn 45 screen, I would give it a whirl with this scissor hash I have..

I love melty dabs. :bongin:

2. One thing learned first hand, fems don't really represent the line.

Pimp daddy for instance, i grew 10 fems, avg TCH at 21% and all were stoney as fuck.
    But! Where were the Purps and GDP traits I was hunting for?
    I mean if you're into locker room funk, then great, but even the best 5 phenos were lacking of the sweetness I sought-after.

I tossed all of them.
    Am I done with the line? Fuck no! Just starting!
    Got regs bred in 4 diff directions with diff makes and females.

Yourself and others show the fems you've been growing are worth it for others to play with.

But I learned for sure that fems are convenient and fun, but is just a peak at the potential.
    One thing learned first hand, fems don't really represent the line.

Pimp daddy for instance, i grew 10 fems, avg TCH at 21% and all were stoney as fuck.
    But! Where were the Purps and GDP traits I was hunting for?
    I mean if you're into locker room funk, then great, but even the best 5 phenos were lacking of the sweetness I sought-after.

I tossed all of them.
    Am I done with the line? Fuck no! Just starting!
    Got regs bred in 4 diff directions with diff makes and females.

Yourself and others show the fems you've been growing are worth it for others to play with.

But I learned for sure that fems are convenient and fun, but is just a peak at the potential.

3. #19943 Ironhead, Mar 30, 2015
    Ya I haven't seen the notifications on my phone in a while now.. Bummer cause I like looking through those.

I like using the app. It's quick and easy to upload pics to.. The browser lags and takes forever to load. I'm sure it will come soon enough.. Lioe I said before the last update was fuckin terrible.. It was months of on again, off again kinda service. Like Dub has said, I'll let them work it out now so I don't have to later. :p

Double posting is just annoying really. I also never like when I read about folks leaving or using the site less because it's becoming a pain to use and I can see that starting to pop up here and there.

4. #19944 Ironhead, Mar 30, 2015
    Hey I know that locker room funk! This one does have some sweetness to it.. But that funk is in there too.

What ya got next up for the regular seeds? Kosher anywhere in sight?? :p

I'll have to go through my bag.. But I think I have some Minion City Diesels that need to be sorted. I like reg seeds too.. It's fun having the dudes now that I have a spot for them.

Those Purps sure turned out nice. That Lavender one is my baby. I always go straight to that one to smell first. Maybe I'll chop her today.. Shouldn't take too long with as small as she is. They are all on day 65 from the flip today.

Kosher Kush? Only grew one fem KK, but didn't grow her well, bud was very good, my peeps like it.
    Thinking of throwing some Grapestomper OG at her.

Got so many projects, probably won't live long enough to prove many of them. Sucks!

MCD's have done very well, they won't disappoint.

You'll find in time, no matter how good a keeper Purp you'll get, the bud will always be a bit fluffy.
    Nowadays, fluffy is not good for marketing, regardless the other qualities.
    But, The Purps salvation is in its genetics.

Let me explain and compare.
    The Purps started as an original cut only Mendo Purps, then bred to a male of Killer Queen, owned by the author of a Grow Bible book, not sure who exactly.
    Then the first breeding was taken back 3X to Mendo Purps, Making it a BX4 of Mendo.

To compare: My Halo project.
    I took back My original cut of Halo, bred to Dark Queen = Overlord
    From there I back crossed back to Halo 3X Making a BX4 of Halo.

What I found with Halo BXing is that with every back cross, they subsequently started to become a complete average of the original Romulan Purps cross, but not the Halo cut.
    In the Purps case, a blend of Killer Queen and Mendo, rather than the 94% Mendo that basic math would suggest.
    Another Myth busted, as BXing doesn't make the seed like the cut only gem we sought.

So in a nutsack, as I make random crosses, instead of line breeding, I'm finding that the Mendo, which characteristics that I prize, are showing it's legendary greatness.
    No longer hidden in the blender style BXing.

Keep your best female, and eventually cross to something else you love, then you'll see some of the things I speak of.
    Fascinating once I got past the frustration.

6. I bet you find some strong males in those mandala seeds :metal:

7. Hey TJ, how have those ziplock clones been coming?

8. Not great.. they all failed LOL. I took the bags off and used a dome instead... forgot to put the dome back on one day and OOPS.... they all flopped over and shriveled up overnight :eek:

9. That's what she said

10. That's odd.  Is it your strain?  Hard to clone?  Having it happen so fast is weird too.

11. I think finding a male that I love might be a bit of a task. Just between you and me, I didn't Love the Purps male.. I hope I can find something special in this Bubba Kush male that I'm about to start collecting pollen from.

I appreciate all the info! Getting notes from an experienced breeder is priceless.

Hope you are doing well my friend!

12. #19952 Ironhead, Mar 31, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 31, 2015
    Ah man.. That sucks.. My ziplock clones are lookin awesome! I'm gonna have to chalk that up to the root Excellerator.. They never look bad anymore.. Just straight green praying leaves. I love that bag trick. ;)

Girl Scout Cookies:

[​IMG]

13. No worries man :) that aerocloner I made is kickin butt :metal: i'll prolly give the coco deal another try in the future. That one night without the dome really fucked em over lol.

14. Nah multiple strains. Only ones that managed to make it w/out the dome for a night were GFBA (IRG, FTW!). Then one got taken out by fungus. Already had a couple rooted in rapid rooters at that point so I just scrapped the last one.

15. Sweet update Iron! Man that Pariah is sticky! Can't wait for the smoke report.
    Hope you're all doing well down there...send us some fucking heat will ya? Not too much though!

16. Hey Iron!

I've gone back to coco for the first time in a couple years. I'm trying the same formula micro:bloom 6ml:9mll/gal +1g Epsom salt. The plants are growing just okay and are showing some signs of deficiency. I'm thinking of adding a little extra Epsom to this watering or a little cal-mag (I know you recommend against cal-mag generally) any other ideas a blade could try?

Peace & Love
    PyspherE

Attached Files:

17. Check ph

18. 998 pages! Got a celebration planned Iron?

19. pH of the nutrient solution is right about 6.0 when I feed. That's pretty much where I need to be, correct? Should I adjust it down a little more?

Peace & Love
    PyspherE
    pH of the nutrient solution is right about 6.0 when I feed. That's pretty much where I need to be, correct? Should I adjust it down a little more?

Peace & Love
    PyspherE

20. I doubt pH is the problem at 6.0.. You flushed the coco and are keeping it fairly moist, letting g it get slightly dry in between watering? Calmag is what made my plants look that same way.