Ironheads Perpetual Dream Room

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by Ironhead, Apr 2, 2013.

1. Interesting

Just going to have to grow them out and see what's up ...

If i remember correct it looked primo though rite ..

2. Ya man.. They looked super primo. Hell, it got published in HighTimes.. But that just goes to show you that pretty bud doesn't always equate to tasty/potent bud.

With the first plant I thought it was just a not so great pheno.. But the second female was very similar to the first in just about every way, except it yielded slightly more.

Could be just me tho. Keep me updated on yours for me man, I'm interested to see what you think of it.

3. Will do brother !

Fingers crossed !!

4. @Ironhead

Hey man how are you today? I had a few questions for you about your pheno hunt.

For starters my good friend what size pot are you gonna flower your The purps in. And are you gonna take clones off the girls before you flower them or Are you going to just hit all the girls with that male pollen for seeds? Or are you gonna do selective self pollinating? What lights will you flower them under? Just curious. We need specifics!!! :)

5. I'm doin good brotha.. I hope you are too.

I'm gonna flower them in the 2 gals. I got clones taken off everyone already, so I'm thinking that I'll prolly chuck them into the flower room here soon.

The flower room has 3000 watts. 2 1k HPS bulbs and 1 1k MH bulb, all vertically hung bare bulbs, so no hoods or fans.

The plan is to get them into flower and then get some pollen from each one of the males on a separate branch on each female. That way I can find my female keeper pheno, plus already have a backcross of my favorite male as well. 2 birds with 1 stone... I think that will hopefully save me some time on down the road.

Meanwhile, we are gonna drop some more seeds this week.. On the advice of the Dark Lord, I'm gonna pop some of my own crosses.. Emdog and the White Widow x DemiGod (Grape Ape x Granddady Purps)

I really gotta think of a new name.. That's gonna get old typing out every time. If I can find a clean non-hermie Demigod cross, I really can't help but think that it would cross super super well to these Purps plants that I'm doing the pheno hint on currently. I'm just not sure if it's gonna herm or not.. Let's find out! I mean..... There has to be at least one clean bean outta all these.

6. I was wondering about those beans you made. Only one way to tell, and it could be actually better that the dad was a herm, from what I read from SG. Can't wait to see them grow!

7. #17347 Brother Urb, Jan 29, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 29, 2015
    I'm bout to start my coco lucas run.  Just want to check in quick.

You said you put 50/50 perlite in the coco?  And 1 gram epsom per gallon when watering?  Is that the whole way through flower or just a couple weeks?

what pH do you water in at?  5.9-6.1?

8. Thanks for all the specifics friend. I just put 6 regular the purps in to germ lastnight. I too am gonna flower them out in 2 gal fabric smart pots. But I really have so much going already I have no where to keep the males. I believe I'll end up flowering these out after I take clones off of them an trash the males. An pick a keeper mom. Then I'll do my 2nd pheno hunt of the other 7 regarding seeds. I have 13 in total btw. An do the same thing. Find the best female keeper pheno. An put the 2 from each hunt againts each other in a grow an pick 1 keeper. Only bad thing is I have no pollen to do anything with. My pheno hunts will end up with me having clone only strains. Because like you I don't do mother plants. I just take a cut before flower with the phenos I want to keep.

9. Ya I dunno man.. That DemiGod male sprouted seeds at day 28. That's pretty dang early for seeds on a male. I'm thinking I'll just have to go slow with them.. No need to veg out monsters, just keep them small and see how they act.

I've never flowered small plants in the flower room. They will be on the floor and won't be close to the bulbs, so I bet we get some good color out of them, but I'm not totally sure what to expect.

10. Yep that's it.. I use the same formula from seedling and clones all the way to the flush at the end of the flower. Everyone gets the same thing. It has worked out great since I started the Epsom salts.. It's always perfect.

I don't have to adjust my tap waters ph at all.. It comes out spot on and I don't need to adjust. How bout you try to not ph at it at first and see what happens? I've had a few people around the country try it and I don't think anyone ph's their water. It should be around 6 if you want to test it.

11. #17351 Brother Urb, Jan 29, 2015
    Ok Thank you Ron.  I use R/O water and when I do 8/14 modified lucas for peat it comes out pretty low around 5.5.  I'll have to test what it's like at 6/9 with some mag.  Also is silica ok to use in coco? 

Cheers and thank you!  I was originally inspired by the h3ad thread but your thread sealed the deal for me. :D  I'm a believer!

One more q.  roughly how many days do you start feeding the seedlings?  I'd imagine it's similar to peat... 10-14 days?  And I'm guessing you'd start low around 250ppm?

12. I was ph'ing and noticed a decrease in 'perky-ness' within a week, so I took out the pH up and left it at 5.7-5.8. .5ml humic instead of 2.5ml.

13. I'm tellin ya friend, one of the best things I ever did for my grow was to cut the RO membrane off my filter and only run Sediment and Carbon filters with the city tap water. Everything started to fall into place after that with the plants.. They need that stuff the RO filter strips out.. RO water is the biggest waste of water on plant earth.. It takes a gallon to get a gallon. I cut my water bill by 2/3 when I cut that membrane off.. Piece of shit.

I start the seedlings in the formula... Right away. You gotta look at it like this.. The formula is everything the plant needs to grow.. Like a super complete soil, except you can throw this together in less than 5 minutes and it's good for all stages of plant growth, including seedlings and clones. That's what makes it so easy.

14. Ya you don't need a lot of the Humic.. I seriously use like 1/28th of a teaspoon per 4 gallons.. Just enough to barely tint the water brownish (it's already kinda pinkish anyways with the nutrients).

15. Sounds like a solid plan to me. If I hadn't built the lil male breeding chamber, I wouldn't be keeping any males either. I just got tired of throwing away the best looking plants.. I've had some drop dead gorgeous males man.. Super uber sexy dudes. :p :laughing:

16. Well like you I already have 3 rooms. I have a big house but I know when to quit whole I'm ahead. Haha. I'd have the entire house covered...I'd have to look around plants to see the tv. Anyhow talk about some Bromance!

I have yet to ever grow a male out. Only a week or so after show of sex before they all got the chop. But it does seem like they grow faster an lusher hell more vigor an everything then some of the females. Lol

17. Yeah the full humix seems more potent that this liquid humic (mad farmer brand) I was given as a sample. When id use an 1/8 tsp of the ful humix the ph went much further down. Im guessing its just a more refined product extracted with a better process or from a more rich source. I've read using humic acids can help stabilize pH as well.

18. #17358 Brother Urb, Jan 29, 2015

No talking me out of RO bro.  My city tap is terrible.  It's liquid rock man.  I understand the waste of RO water, but in all fairness it all get's recycled in my cities municipality.   My water bill is the smallest bill of all my bills in life so I'm not too worried about that.  Besides... it hasn't shown me a problem thus far.

But if link me one of these sediment and carbon filters I'll at least check it out. What kind of money am I looking at? I'm dealing with pH 8.5 and 3-400 ppm from the tap. With one of these filters be sufficient?

Ok so you feed the seedlings from the very first watering?  Haha damn this is new to me.  Maybe I'll test run on some of my home made beans.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I know, I know.  I'm a terrible human being.  My r/o unit actually wastes 3 gallons per 1 gallon collected.  Not to mention harvesting the peat bogs is damaging to my countries ecosystem. And then my drain to waste dumping fert runoff down the drain. And then my household power consumption being nearly 3x as it was when I was not growing.

I recycle, I try to be envrio friendly, I try to love the animals and love the trees but damn.  No matter which way you put it, growing cannabis indoors is extremely enviro unfriendly based on the power consumption alone..... but you are right that does not make it right to say fuck it and be captain pollution.

Just another one of my oxymoronic ways.

I eat a vegan diet and I feed my dogs raw meat only diet.    Discuss. :laughing:

19. :laughing: 3 gallons lost for every 1??? Mother of god, that's terrible dude. :laughing:

Could you possibly try the formula with the tap water in the name of science? I really think it would work.

Yep.  It's nuts.  It comes with a little part that I can install to reduce the amount of waste water but will also in turn reduce the lifespan of the filters. Please don't shame me. :laughing:

I could try to use the plain water but not this round.  I have some serious awesome strains that I'm not chancing fucking up. 

UW Black x '88 G13/HP and A35 x '88 G13/HP(which is reported to be a 35 year old Afghani cut) tester strains from Bodhi :hello:

best believe I am cloning these!