Ironheads Perpetual Dream Room

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by Ironhead, Apr 2, 2013.

1. #9721 Drakkor, Jul 25, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 25, 2014
    Well i can answer some of this. Get the best lighting and cooling system your wallet can afford. Just to live a plant needs at least 3000 lumens.
    My 600w HID setup puts out 86,000 lumens-90,000lumens depending on what bulb i have in.

And its total grow space. Your light isn't going to differentiate between plant and bare wall. Which should be white or silver.
    http://forum.grasscity.com/index.php?/topic/1304901-Amethyst's-7Gal-Organic-Dirt-Extravaganza!!

2. I have read in several locations coconut oil is actually better. Sadly I will never know as I'm allergic o_O. Also putting lecithin in can boost but I'm not to this phase yet myself. I'm at the butter cookie cake making stage 😛.

wait......what's today???

3. Thank you for the information, I will check out your grow as well!

4. What's goin on? Always nice to see a new face in here.

Lumens won't have anything to do with how well your plants grow.. It's wattage you are after. To allow the plants the most amount of light possible, you gotta shoot for 50watts per square foot.. You hit that mark and you will be set on light. :D
    What's goin on? Always nice to see a new face in here.

Lumens won't have anything to do with how well your plants grow.. It's wattage you are after. To allow the plants the most amount of light possible, you gotta shoot for 50watts per square foot.. You hit that mark and you will be set on light. :D

5. What up brotha! Good to see ya. :wave:

It is a monster isn't it? I got mad props for anyone that goes all the way through it.

Wish I could tell ya where the decarb stuff is.. I've documented the butter process a couple times here and there.. But who knows..

Just put your material out on a sheet pan and wrap it real tight in foil. Stick it In the oven and let it warm up to 220 along with the oven. Once it's preheated, hit the timer for 45 minutes to an hour.

When the oven timer goes off, turn the oven off and let it cool down to where you can pull the pan out with your bare hands (about an hour). That's it.

Make sure not to open the oven door during the process at all.. If you can smell it in the oven, you didn't wrap it right enough in foil.. I use the heavy duty shit and wrap it superfuckingtight. :smoke:

6. Ya I have made coconut oil a few times.. I don't like it as much as butter though. Maybe it's just me. I really should give it another whirl now though.

I love the lecithin granules.. It's another key ingredient that can make your break your cookies. Get that stuff! Soy or sunflower.. But sunflower will prolly not be GMO. It makes a real difference in how fast and hard the cookies hit. :bongin:

7. Lol OK point taken. I will get right on it. Tomorrow is pickup day. So I'll get some asap cause we be cooking up in here real soon!

wait......what's today???

8. #9728 TreeBird43, Jul 25, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 25, 2014
    Iron I hope to be going down to get my coco for a side by side tomorrow!! But since the general discussion is on edibles I'll direct the flow, has anyone used the product advertised in HT and by radical Russ called the Magical Butter? My growmie bought one on impulse cuz it was on sale at the headshop. Jw if it was worth a damn or not. I like how it will supposedly make butter, oil or tincture. He made a run of tincture but didn't decarb the trim before hand and the tincture was subpar at best, so I can't really judge how well the actual device works because it was his method that was flawed. Tasted like weed flavored rum. Ew, for no buzz. Basically Jw if anyone had any experience with it. If it's legit I'll ask him to borrow it and show him what some real shit hits like lol

Current Grow

http://forum.grasscity.com/indoor-grow-journals/1252985-tokin-goes-indoors-first-journal.html#

9. Here are those bags I was telling you about!! Put all your trim in and seal it on the side or roll it over. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1406323595.665306.jpg

Sent from someone that still twist up phillies!!

10. #9730 IIGooGII, Jul 25, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 25, 2014
    Hello :wave:  Nice to be here, I've only just started in on the journal, but I do plan to go through it.
    Thank you as well for the information, if you could take a glance at my next quote and the following text I would really appreciate it.

This information seems slightly contradictory? Or am I misinterpreting what I'm reading here?

Also, quick math question... It's been a while so don't laugh at me.. I intend to use a large tent for this (no budget set, still planning, and subject to change) and the dimensions are as follows:
    Length = 118"
    Width = 60"
    Height = 78"
    If you include the height of the hoods towards reducing the space in the tent, they are 8" tall, leaving you with an inner height of 70".
    Divide into feet:
    Length = 9.833 ft
    Width = 5 ft
    Height = 5.833 ft
    So you just multiply LxWxH=Square feet? Or am I doing this wrong?
    If I'm doing it right, it equals 286.779445 (or B ) (using a calculator I don't have a lot of time)- and in order to find the necessary wattage you would multiply B by 50, correct? Giving us 14,338.97, or just under 14,339 watts required. So by that count I would need to somehow fit 14 1000w lights in there? Doesn't seem right to me, which is why I might be confused. If I were to have the lights set lower than, say in the first example- right at the top... Would that reduce the height in the equation, thus allowing for less wattage to be used? Or does the space above the lights somehow effect that?

This just seems like a vital step and I may be beating a dead horse in my own head, but I need somebody to double-check me because when this finally gets rolling I'd really prefer to budget properly going in, opposed to coming up short for the whole thing because I didn't allow enough for lights. This will all help me with my shopping list and my total budget for the whole project. I read somewhere to take your original budget and double it, so that's what I plan to do, again, I would like to be able to get this set up right the first time so I'm not battling equipment issues for my first grow (Yeah, I've never grown anything, but it interests me enough to where this will be a worthy investment). I just want to have the most optimal setup that I can plan out and budget for.

11. Same size as my space. 2 1Ks, wrap it in orca, raptor hoods if you can afford and your out the door. Grab a 400 digital for veg room!! Bladowwwwwwlol

12. Irons gonna say bare bulb it, I can just feel it!! Ha

13. I was planning on using HPS bulbs with cooling tubes and reflector hoods, inside of the tent will obviously be mylar.
    I also plan to mostly grow auto-flowering strains, so that kind of negates the need for a veg room, correct?
    Can I kind of just plant the auto-flowers in their final pots, or should I start them in smaller pots and then have to transplant them?
    And how many plants do you grow/fit in your tent?

Thanks everybody for all the helpful information.

14. I'd say straight into their pots, I wouldn't want to disturb an auto I don't think, never grown them. Loki is my resident expert on the Autos if you can track him down here on the City.

15. Your math is fine, but you don't need to add the height of the room jnto the equation.

It's just length x width.. So 9x5 in your setup correct? Which is 45 and then you multiply that by the 50 watts per square ft and you get 2250.

2000w will work perfectly for your setup. :smoke:

16. #9736 IIGooGII, Jul 26, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 26, 2014
    Awesome that's kind of what I thought, I'll try and track him down for some more info. A good friend of mine grows autos which is why I'm interested in autos, he's the most knowledgeable of all the people I know on a personal level.

How big are your pots and how many of them can you fit in your tent? I was thinking 5 gal bags or pots.. Speaking of which, have you used bags? and in your opinion, which is better?

Yeah, it's about 9' 8" or so x 5 feet, comes up a bit over 49 sq ft, but I probably won't utilize all 49 sq ft of it, based on pots (round vs square).

How about any side lighting? Is that necessary or will the mylar take care of any side lighting needs?

Thanks for the help, again, everybody.

17. The Mylar should be all you need.. Of course you could always add side lighting if ya wanted to, but it's not necessary. I don't know many folks that do.

Only thing I could suggest for ya is to switch one HPS bulb out with a MH bulb and run the mixed spectrum in flower.. 1 HPS and 1 MH.

HPS brings the weight, while the MH brings the quality... weight too, but more quality.

Been one of the best things I ever done for my garden. :)

18. Hmmm why do you suppose it was on sale? :p

Never used one before.. I just make butter the ole fashioned simpleton way. :smoking:

19. Okay I will have to modify my shopping list a bit for that setup (HPS + MH). Sounds like it works for you, so I believe it will work out considering the age of this thread :p

Kudos to you, super helpful, man. Still working my way through all the posts to really catch up :smoke:
    I'll probably have some filtration and air questions along with some ph/ppm meters if necessary and some other general information. I try to read a lot, but it's hard to find answers to specific questions sometimes, I'm sure you understand :)

What temp should I try and keep my tent at? I've read somewhere around 78-80? Can you confirm?