Brand new Pc grow box journal start to finish

Discussion in 'Micro Grows' started by mj0521, Mar 30, 2013.

1. Hey guys.

So I'm gonna do a journal on here with my first SCROG grow. Suggestions and comments are welcomed I always like a second opinion. I'll list my materials below and how I did it

Found an old PC in the garage decided to strip it and give it a go

Step 1

I started off by cutting out the bottom portion of the box. Using a metal sheet cutters, and drill. I drill out all the extra screws of the PC to strip it to the cage. after stripping it.

Step 2

Bowl break!

Step 3

I went ahead and I wired 3 fans. 1 intake which is directly below where the old power supply is which also has the fan still attached. I ended up stripping the wires with a wire cutter you can find at a local Home Depot. Then went ahead and attached black to black and red to red. Some might have a third but is it not necessary so you can cut it, it for speed control on the fan . I then found an old 12 volt phone charger and cut up the end of the wires and went on to tie them together and be vwhalla, fans work. So in all I've got 1 in take and 2 out take fans.

Step 4

After wiring the box. i went to the local gas station and found a windshield sun reflector. Bought it and headed back

Step 5

After I got back, took a bowl break and got back to work stripping the sun reflector sewing, which had two sheets sewn together. I took those two sheets and started to cut up and lay down the reflective sheets around the box.

Step 6

After finished, I headed to target and purchased a 2 cases and a cage for scrog. 1 case will fit in the other to give maximum growth.

Step 7

On my way back I headed to the local hydro store and purchased 3.75' net pot for the attempt of doing DWC. With two 8 inch air stones and a single controllable air pump, and a 3 square sheets of carbonized filters, and a 10 liter bag of hydroton

Step 8

Got back and drilled 6 wholes in the side of the PC. The I went ahead and laid down the power strip and extension and put 8 inch cable ties through the the box making it so the strip would not move.

Step 9

I then went to Home Depot and bought little light holders which are able to be plugged in a surge. And purchased 2 sets of 4 GE CFL lights 2700k and 6500k cfls

Step 10

I then got baked and put the lights in and my work was completed.

List of materials

PC box - free for me. Walmart carries for 50$
    Scrog cage - target 5$
    3 fans - in PC already but can be bought at frys electronics for 7 dollars a piece
    Two buckets from target - 2$ total
    6 out let surge - 3$ save ons
    3 outlet extension cord - 4$ rite aid
    Air pump - 4$ at Urban Gardner local hydro store they are the best hooked it fatty
    8 inch airstones- 76 cents a piece hydro store
    Tubing - 2 $
    T style tube Splitter - 35 cents
    3.75' Net pot - 37 cents
    Cfls
    -6700 Eco smart 4 pack 10.95 Home Depot
    -2700 ge 4 pack 8.95 Home Depot

Have ideas on nutrients but want suggestions.

My baby will be coming in on Monday so I'm just waiting and

image-3049578025.jpg

would love thoughts.