How To Determine Your Plants Preferred Nutrient Strength

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by GoldGrower, Mar 27, 2013.

1. I topped her at ten inches! Put the screen on her and been training her around the screen getting the canopy even
    Maybe 12 inches

2. Lol, ok wow, pictures can be deceiving, lol.. then in that case it's at tour personal preference of course, depending on space, , three times higher than it is now during flower on average, maybe just a little more coverage on the screen and keep working those branches around it, in the next few weeks for sure "cmedont".. that's my abbreviation for ya if ya don't mind..lol

3. Jhyhggcvrggttrr4Trerrrrr4fgggtrrrrer

4. I totally agree with that statement issiac!

5. I mean it only makes sense lol

• Like Like x 1
  6. GoldGrower, so many people bro, have adapted your method of monitoring and adjusting nutes.. Thanks! Knowledge is power.

• Like Like x 1
  7. What's a stickie damn it! Lol tell me tell me

8. Stickies are the threads that stick to the top of the list in what ever forum subject area you are in.  People who create legitimate a trusted threads often get their thread "stickied."

• Like Like x 1
  9. That makes since now! Thank you 123, I couldn't for the life of me figure it out,lol...

10. "If there has been no change in nutrient strength but you can see the plant has used up some of the solution you know you have the strength exactly the same as the plant is taking it up.

As the plant grows it requires stronger and stronger solution until it reaches a plateau. This plateau will be different depending on set up and even individual plants. Mine usually plateaus at around 1.20 to 1.30. After this you won't have to worry about checking so often as it shouldn't move much even when the water level drops down

Adjust your PH regularly, try to not let it go out of 5.5-6.5 range for more than a few days."

This is why I love this place! I was wondering about this and came here did some searching and of course GoldGrower had the answer. I need your phone number so I can save myself some time lol....anyway myI plant was sucking down the water I was adding about 1.5Qts a day but ppm never changed. Now I know I'm right where I should be and there's no need to worry or make any changes.....Thank you

• Like Like x 2
  11. awesome! thanks

• Like Like x 1
  12. If ppm is to low let's say you have 14 plants that are 2ft tall blue cheese indicas under 2 1000w hps & ppm is at 650 when I did a 55 gallon reservoir change and it go's from 5.8 to 6.3 in 24 hours 2 days In a row. Both days I added ph down to bring it to 5.8 I'm in my 4th week of 12/12 is my ppm to low and my plants are consuming the acidic nutes to fast causing the ph to rise? Should I raise my ppm? I'm using the go line 20ml gallon bloom 5ml gallon Calmag & 2.5 ml gallon bio bud. With ro water.

Attached Files:

13. Any algea? Just curious
    And wow, btw, gillen, just wow, looks great

14. No algae the 55 gallon reservoir is a blacked out hydrofarm. Thanks this is my first grow still learning the ins and outs

• Like Like x 1
  15. If ppm is to low let's say you have 14 plants that are 2ft tall blue cheese indicas under 2 1000w hps & ppm is at 650 when I did a 55 gallon reservoir change and it go's from 5.8 to 6.3 in 24 hours 2 days In a row. Both days I added ph down to bring it to 5.8 I'm in my 4th week of 12/12 is my ppm to low and my plants are consuming the acidic nutes to fast causing the ph to rise? Should I raise my ppm? I'm using the go line 20ml gallon bloom 5ml gallon Calmag & 2.5 ml gallon bio bud. With ro water.

If ppms is at 650 at res change, what does it drop to or go up to, ppm wise? If its going down like fifty add ppms to 700 check 24 hrs later see, with that said sounds like you need to raise tds,, another question. Are they clones all 14 or from seed?

• Like Like x 1
  16. They are all from seed planted 3/3 sprouted 3/5

17. Is your setup like a flow and grow? Im assuming, let you know if you dont already,, each plant eats differently unless from clone,, so i could be that one or two or so of the 14 is eating more ppms then the rest causing an inbalance in ph,, your setup is really for plants that are eating the same since they eat out the same res,,, 650 might be good for lets say 12 but 2 of them need 800 ppms, so since soup is not concentrated enough for those two individual plants they eat an unstable amount of nutrients,, instead of hitting the equilibrium were plant eats nutes and water in exact amounts, causing ph swing,,, i belueve that stops when at equilibrium, but its near impossible with one res at said strength and 14 plants that potentially eat less or more of what nutes are in res,,

• Like Like x 2
  18. I'll try bumping up the ppm I thought I was low because I read alot of ppl have higher ppm in flower.