Welcome to Grasscity Forums - Register now for FREE
Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute.
Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Create an Account

Can topical creams make you fail a drug test?

• Please log in to reply

Bongsauce

Bongsauce

Zen Grower

• Registered Upgraded
  • 4,026 posts
Hi :)

I was just wondering if the topical use of a canna based cream or oil would have a chance at showing up on a drug test(ua?)? I have a friend with a skin condition and wanted him to try some cream that I make. I would guess that it doesn't...but he has to take tests for work and I want to be absolutely sure.

I was hoping someone could link me to any info about it...I did a few searches but didn't come up with any info I was looking for.

If you think no...please back it up with why. Like I said my gut is telling me that it wouldn't show up...but I need to be positive.

Thanks GC :wave:

urn man

urn man

• Registered Upgraded
  • 864 posts
I really am under no authority to answer this, but I would say yes. I know oils in our fingers adsorb cannabanoids, and if the topical application is helping him any, I feel like it would be inside his body? Especially if using daily/multiple times a day. Again, really have no idea. I'm sure someone with some real credentials will answer : ]
  • Bongsauce and ch33r10zzz like this

final824

final824

• Registered Upgraded
  • 302 posts
I doubt it, the cream probably would not have active thc in it if its only meant for external use. However our skin breaths and absorbs what we put on it which is why chemicals like paint thinner and acetone should be handled with gloves.

Izzy Mandelbaum

Izzy Mandelbaum

Banned

• Banned by Moderators
  • 1,322 posts
Yes. My mom is 71 and got high from using the ointment I gave her.
If she was high, it was in her blood/fat.
  • Bongsauce likes this

urn man

urn man

• Registered Upgraded
  • 864 posts

Yes. My mom is 71 and got high from using the ointment I gave her.
If she was high, it was in her blood/fat.

mandelbaum! mandelbaum!
  • Izzy Mandelbaum likes this

neosparta

neosparta

vicemaps.net

• Registered Upgraded
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
If you use a non-steroid cream you shouldn't have any problems with passing a test :)

kancastank

kancastank

• Registered Upgraded
  • 2,705 posts
Are you talking about topical creams infused with cannabis that get you stoned? Or just about normal hemp lotion? With cannabis infused lotion, he will fail the drug test lol its in his bloodstream

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users