Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

My girlfriend wants to try weed and has Asthma...

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by Thetafox, Mar 26, 2013.

1. She has not, she's pretty far away so I'll be visiting her around the the 26th next month, I'll totally keep you guys updated! Want me to create a new thread for it or do you want me to just keep posted in this one?

2. This one.

I think it's gonna help her dude.

3. I'm glad you think so! I really want her to experience weed because it's such a magical feeling being high and what not, I'm just worried about her of course :p

4. I have asthma and I find it actually helps, after you get past the initial smoke inhalation I mean.. But I wouldn't worry, cannabis is actually a bronchodilator, which means it actual opens the bronchial tubes, opposing the effects of asthma!
    But just to be 100% safe, keep an emergency inhaler nearby. It effects people differently sometimes, but in my experience she should be great! (Also 2 of my other friends that smoke have asthma)

5. Thank you, that's such good information to hear, I appreciate the reply a ton!

6. Like stated on page one, Vaping is really good for people with bad asthma because its sooo much easier on your lungs, no actual smoke just water vapor full of THC.

My girl has asthma and she smokes with me everyday, all day lol. It depends on your individual tolerance to smoke with asthma, my girl takes a few smaller hits usually when I take 1 large one, and it keeps her from coughing as bad. If it's so bad that you can't even inhale smoke, either Vaporize it or find a source of really good edibles.

7. Unless she relies on asthma treatment to breath at all she shouldn't smoke.

I've had asthma all my life and it's never had a problem regarding weed.

If you really are worried try vaping or cook it.

Good luck, probably nothing will happen, you are just overprotective.

8. Just recently learned that apparently I have light asthma as well! Let's hope everything goes well with her, I'll keep ya' guys posted and thank you for all the responses, it means a lot!

9. Marijuana is a bronchial dilator, meaning it opens up the airway rather than restricting it like tobacco.

For someone who has asthma it's probably the best inhaler they'll ever inhale.

It also doesn't harm the alveoli like tobacco smoke, which paralyzes them, and marijuana tar doesn't stay built up in the lungs, or at least not permanently. I can't remember the exact reason behind it, but you're able to cough it up, and get rid of it naturally.

10. Just make sure she has a inhaler with her. Hospital trips are never fun.