Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

My girlfriend wants to try weed and has Asthma...

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by Thetafox, Mar 26, 2013.

1. My girlfriend was only planning on smoking maybe, at MOST once a month. I was going to use a bong for her so the hits wouldn't be very harsh and start with very very small hits, her asthma isn't very severe and has been getting better.

2. When I first started, maybe twice a month. Then all of a sudden I started doing it almost every day. Probably when I got my bubbler it became daily and now it's about 10 times a week. But just one bowl every time I smoke.

3. I smoke the same way but I don't have asthma, just be extra cautious with your lungs, for the rest of the stoners, we don't need anymore "Weed related deaths" in the media.

Think of how "they" will see it, that it was soooo good you had to have it even though your sick, they'll see it as an addictive drug. Just don't die on us, thats all.

4. I almost always have my inhaler with me when I smoke, just it case.

5. bong hits are not good for asthma. you can get a nice vaporizer for pretty cheap online. otherwise tell her to stick to joints.

6. I assume small bong hits would be FAR better than joints.

7. Oh and also with asthma, several small hits are better than a few big ones. Typically Bong hits are pretty big and the cool smoke is misleading when it comes to the amount of smoke you take in. Just be sure that with the small hits, she inhales air after the hit to make sure the smoke gets to her lungs. It seems like a lot of people don't get high their first time smoking because they don't inhale properly

8. Thanks a lot bud, you've been a huge help. If you've got any more advice please let me know!

9. I have asthma and I smoke all the time, it's never really bothered me. a big bong hit will make me cough for a minute but that's true for anybody.

10. Hi, Asthmatic pot head here

How weed effects your asthma depends on person to person. The severity of the asthma, strain, method of smoking, etc are all things to be considered. As someone mentioned before, sometimes weed is good for your asthma. For myself, it would take a lot of weed to make me start wheezing. As a matter of fact I find that weed opens me up a bit but I'm sure that's not the case of every one.

I prefer to smoke from water bongs bowls and pipes and pack smaller bowls because the smoke seems to be a little less harsh. I wouldn't recommend a joint of her first time, maybe a nice water bong or something.

See how she feels after a hit or two. Is she tightening up? If so then stop. Try edibles in that case.

11. Thank you, you've been a huge help! I really appreciate it!

12. My asthma is moderate to severe. I catch lung infections easily and I can't work out to the extreme or else I'll trigger an asthma attack. I have to use a nebulizer once in a while when I push myself too hard. It runs in my family (as well as my bf but his asthma isn't as annoying as mine because he used to swim and has huge lungs or whatever the hell he tells me).

My asthma used to be way worse when i picked up cigs but I dropped that habit.

13. Water pipe would help, especially a higher end bong with good diffusion.. Otherwise hash oil, or vaporizer are your cleanest options next to baking.

14. i have heavy asthema i still smoke i have my bricanyl turbuhaler with me at all times tho just in case but i rarely get attacks

15. I have asthma and I smoke perfectly fine. No problems here. One of my best friends who smokes constantly has severe asthma and he also smokes without any problems. Just take a puff or two of her inhaler before she smokes and she should be fine.

16. I have asthma, so I could be of some help. I used a homemade bong my first time and had never smoked anything else before either, so I was very worried about what it would be like. It was actually very smooth and didn't trigger my asthma, I did have a bad hit that hurt my lung like hell but only for like 5 minutes. I smoked from a pipe for tha first time today, I had always used a bong or edibles. The hit was fucking harsh and was AWFUL on my lungs, it hurt so bad I almost stopped smoking. I kept going on smaller hits though (I'm used to bong rips so I took a huge first hit on the pipe which would have still been bad on a bong for me) the smaller hits helped and the pain was gone in minutes. Have her take small hits on a pipe or use a bubbler and it will be fine.

17. Thanks, bud it means a lot to hear your advice!

18. How about eating weed? OMGZ!

19. Thanks for that constructive response.

20. hey Fox did she try it yet? Let us know how it goes.