a self-indulgent rant you shouldn't read

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by DankKitty, Mar 23, 2013.

1. Sounds like you need a good workout. The adrenaline rush you get from working is so much better than amphetamines. I would know:D

You need to find a physical activity, perhaps Wing Chun, that way when you fight you can kick ass.

2. I never had or heard of a natural high. I worked myself in the ground and still nothing. I guess that's why I'm a tweeker,now that's a rush.

3. It seems hard but be confident. That's all I have to say. my mother went through cancer while quitting cigs and at the same time on a diet. Also my father cheate don her and had another kid, and was still moivated. It's all about you think.

4. i'm growing confidence, slowly. good for your mom :)

5. how are you feeling bb?

better I hope

6. a little better now, i have kept up eating healthy and exercising, but it just kinda set in that it's still a loooooooooooooong time till i'll really be happy.

7. I think you need Valium personally. I used to have very similar problems.

I had a condition called Cyclic Vomiting Syndrome. Anxiety and depression made me throw up about 70 times a day. That's no shit. I used to throw up more times in 1 day than most people throw up in their entire lives. When I was prescribed the stuff I stopped throwing up.

Eventually I switched to alcohol because it is less dangerous than valium in reality.

You can get through this. Just try to find a doctor that understands what's going on. It takes a bit of shopping around but eventually you will find someone.

8. It doesn't have to be a long time before you're happy. It seems like you're taking the right steps.

I didn't read the whole thread, but probably a lot of good advice has been given.

It's good you realize that what you've been doing is only going to continue to hurt you and wont bring you happiness, but you do make a good point that through physical means one can express emotional pain. I've had experience abusing myself with an addiction that I still deal with and it's repercussions, but abusing my body and my mind is not a cure to any of my problems, you know? Treating yourself well is the best cure to bolster confidence and self-worth and all that good junk.

Plus isn't bulimia really unhealthy? I don't know much about it, but it seems horrible. And you'll never develop healthy eating and lifestyle habits living like that.

You probably know most of this though, and I know change can be really hard. And not that you can't change or "get better" on your own, but you shouldn't be ashamed to seek help. Posting this even here was a good step, though. The anonymity helps and there's a lot of cool people here that want to help. :)

9. You have to have a better attitude to be happy. Even if you're not happy think positive and positive things will happen.

Misery loves company

10. i agree, treating myself well is the only way i'll get anywhere. bulimia is in fact really unhealthy.. i've got to deal with esophagus damage from stomach acid, broken blood vessels in my eyes, and enamel damage which evidently got me bad cause every time i get my teeth checked out, the dentist makes some sort of comment on it. it is pretty horrible, yeah. thank you :)

11. If i had to guess id say you are 16 or 17

An age where youre still very young and mentally under developed

You need to seek out a brand new life style

Look into meditation and spirituality

Your mind is the most powerful tool you have

Every night before bed list all the things youre grateful for, and also pursue lucid dreaming.

LD is a window into your conscious where you can fight your troubles.

Trust me on this

It's changed my life for the better after suffering from addiction

12. why exactly do you think I'm 16 or 17? I'm turning 19 in under a month. I'm not sure where you're going with this and lucid dreaming will not cure bulimia. :confused:

13. don't listen to him, he's a crazy.

just look at his signature.

14. #74 Bubbles42O, Apr 9, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 9, 2013
    you didnt really take it with a grain of salt, hes saying that by lucid dreaming it will help you be one step closer to being a happier person, have you ever lucid dreamt/dreamed? its a a pretty fascinating experience and if you practice enough you can pretty much do it every time you sleep.

like im not trying to be a dick at all but it seems like he gave you some good info and you pretty much seem like your calling him an idiot. you seem to want a cure now and thats not possible, you will have to slowly become a better person and change over time. ive never tried meditation and all that but from what ive heard its pretty fucking awesome too.

again not trying to be a dick but i can almost guarantee he thinks your young because of this WHOLE thread, it seeks attention and who wants attention the most, teenage girls going through a hard time. everything you described in the op is literally what girls go through in high school and usually get over it once they get out.

your whole op pretty much summed up 60% of the girls in my high school.

15. You should try taking a step back and look at your life with a different point of view. Don't try to be what other people want you to be, just do what you need to do to make YOU happy first. You can't and won't be everyone's cup of tea, so you should do what you can to make yourself the best you that you can be. Love yourself. I know it's hard (believe me, I know) but it's so worth it in the end. I've never been comfortable in my own skin but after a while I just gave myself a "slap in the face" and woke myself up. I stopped eating garbage and started working out daily and I've been doing that for almost 8 months now. I can honestly say I've never been happier or healthier in my life. Getting healthy completely changed my mindset and I feel like a new person. Plus,everything I did, I did on my own. No help, no motivation from anyone. It was the hardest thing I've ever done. You just can't give up. I haven't self harmed in roughly the same amount of time and that's a huuuge accomplishment.
    I'm so much more confident and could give a fuck about what anyone else thinks. I used to just let my thoughts consume me and have myself a pity party all alone, every night. But why? You're completely capable of changing your life so why not? Take the wheel and go. Let go of what brings you down.

You're so much stronger than those feelings and the thoughts in your head, you CAN be happy. I hope you can see that.

16. i'm not yet ready to try lucid dreaming and i should've clarified that but i'm not comfortable enough to try it yet.

it makes me doubt myself that you think my reaching out for help was for attention and that since eating disorders are increasingly common, obviously they aren't as serious. this isn't a 'highschool' thing at all for me, highschool or any other school has nothing to do with it.

just because other people 'get over it' (they probably did not have an eating disorder as much as just body issues that lasted for a few months) doesn't mean i'll be the same. i know you're not being a dick about it but this is the stuff i fear a lot, is being brushed off because my problems aren't 'severe' enough to be taken seriously. please don't do that to me, i want to change and get better. help me rather than doubt me.

17. Glad to hear you're feeling better. Embracing a healthier lifestyle is a great way to start and just in time for your birthday. Don't listen to those immaturity comments. People go through problems their entire life and deal with them in different ways. I wouldn't say seeking help is attention seeking and it's a mature step.

18. #78 J.Raptor, Apr 9, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 9, 2013
    My gf in high school dealt with a similar issue with cutting and body issues which led to anorexia. I understand that not everyone is the same but hopefully, maybe you could take something out of it

It was incredibly difficult for me to try to help her. She would get so anxious sometimes that shed get tunnel vision and feel woozy to the point she couldn't even stand. This was sometimes exacerbated by weed so I advise to keep that at a minimum for now.

When she was in the dark place where she was in the need to cut or just self inflict in general... There was no stopping it. It was a tick that couldn't be stopped. She did a lot of damage to her legs and especially her left arm :(

Sadly, it took her to hit rock bottom in order for her to get help. She had to be hospitalized because of severe loss of blood and it didn't help she was anemic.

She recovered and started to take her recovery seriously, made friends in group therapy who could understand and help personally more than I ever could. She eventually decided she didn't need the meds she was prescribed and weened off of them and really dove into her art

Her and I are now broken up and don't talk at all for other reasons but I think she's happier and well on the right road so dankkitty, I think you should seek help and realize no one gets better on their own but you have to open up and let them in

Also, work on finding a constructive vice that will allow you to channel all of your negative emotions away. Much love, I hope things start getting better for you from this day on. :)

19. i'm glad to hear your ex is better now, very inspiring :) i may seek help later on but right now i am testing the waters and learning to love myself, i have definitely made progress. i even caught myself smiling in the mirror once or twice. thank you very much :love:

20. We all need self reflection.

Every morning, read a list that you've written about what you want to do in your life. It can be silly to serious, but have fun with it. It will put your life into perspective and see where you are heading. Cross off what you've accomplished and go outside your limitations.

I suggest you find faith, or meditation. Spirituality is wonderful, a rare gift from the universe. We are all apart of something greater than ourselves, although unaware. You are strong; and live everyday as if every day was different.

Don't take life for granted. Seek help, it can be anywhere: a therapist, a church, a doctor, a friend, or a kind bladie. We are here for you DK.