Why do people smoke cigarettes?

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by INTP, Mar 23, 2013.

1. Only here will people vehemently defend their choice to smoke ganj, but then whole heartedly shit on other peoples choice to smoke butts

I smoke butts cause I have a stressful life and its more practical to go out for a butt break than a bowl break at work.

2. meh i just find smoking the chemicals in commercial cigs to be the main killer - if you smoke organic cigarettes, would the tar be about the same as weed and just nicotine too?

3. I agree sometimes cigarettes are my 1st choice when I'm stressed out. If I'm at school or work weed isn't really an option.

4. #1. People smoke because it makes them feel good. Same reason you smoke weed.

#2. People unfortunately don't realize how fucking addictive (by design) cigarettes are...until they try and quit. It is unfortunate to find a lot of smokers out there who want to quit using a product, but simply can't.

#3. It is absolutely a legalized population stabilizer. Anyone who thinks that resource management (to include population control measures) somehow isn't a function of government is being ignorant of the fact that it is a necessary evil. Hell, it's one of the main reasons we may never see weed legalized. It's not deadly enough.

5. Yeah the tar would be the same, the other 300 chemicals? Probably not. The tar isn't really what you should be worried about. I think its the hundreds of chemicals and carcinogens from all the shit that they dump on the crops. But yeah the tar isn't from the pesticides and shit that's from combusting plant material, that would be there no matter what, unless you vaped it.

6. Because we do. Don't be judging us, we ain't judging you.

7. No i know, but i inquired about growing your own tobacco plant in a greenhouse setting. would it not be any worse than weed?

8. We enjoy smoking. Sure I would smoke joint over a cig every day. But a cig is nice for example if your on lunch break at your job. Its a way to pass time doing something you enjoy.

But I quit after 6 months of smoking daily because it started to make me feel like shit. I sometimes bum one from my friends but never buy a pack anymore.

9. seeking an early death

10. I started to smoke because I thought it made me look cool at the immature age of 13, looking back on it bit of a stupid decision. I don't think I'd be a stoner today if i didnt smoke cigerettes first as all my mates were made in the smokers woods at high school.

11. This.

12. Nope.

13. just cuz, and no, it isn't the 'in' thing to do

14. Idk how people smoke menthol ! Disgusting

15. Because I like it.

I can smoke 10 a day for a week then go a week without touching one. And I almost always have tobacco on hand because I smoke spliffs too. No need to get addicted to the things, have a little discipline.

I'm a big believer that most things are ok in moderation too.

16. I know a lot of buddies who started because they would hang out with older kids who would and would then think it was cool. I tried my first cigarette when I was 18. I thought it was the nastiest thing in the entire world, my mouth tasted like nastiness, I got a headache from the way my clothes smelt, and i just never touched one since. I was 16 when I started smoking cigars a little bit here and there on special occasions. I started using dip when I was 17 just because I was interested in it. I remember my first dip to this day, I don't fully remember why I wanted to try it so bad, but I do remember being stressed out completely at the time and needed to relax and I was off the herb at the time because I was looking for a job. To this day I go through about a tin a week (which is actually prettttty good compared to some of the people I know who go through through about 8 a week).

I can safely say that I am not addicted to the tobacco so much as the action of the dip. It just became such a routine, and I noticed when I try to switch up the routine, it isn't as appealing. I always dip when I go to and from work, and whenever I am driving far distances, thats really it. If I sit around in my room and try to dip I hate it and feel sick almost and nasty. Something about driving with dip in makes me feel relaxed and ready for work

17. Lots of people smoke because they want to die

18. Because it makes you look cool. duh.

19. If you don't smoke then don't smoke man. I personally enjoy the taste of a cigarette especially when I'm high. Yeah, they gross me out sometimes but overall I enjoy them enough. I can go a week without smoking on my head, more than that I'd probably be a bit pissed off. Usually I crave, but can handle the cravings, and unless I'm really stressing about something I won't "need" to have a cigarette. A cig usually calms me down a bit and kills some stress.