Public Renouncing of Pax

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by ChiefCosmos, Mar 22, 2013.

1. Hello, I would like to PUBLICLY RENOUNCE the Pax and I would like to apologize to anyone I argued with trying to defend it's "honor." Recently, I have noticed that after 6 months of use there is something wrong with the machinery. It had been roasting bowls 30-40% faster than before. The bowls were packed exactly the same. I went to Pax asking them for a refund or fixing options. Their warranty offers a refund but here's the truth: The warranty on the Pax is bologna. It clearly states that a refund is available but what they will tell you is that the refund is only permitted when they can't fix it. So, basically they lied in the warranty. They also said they wouldn't replace it because it had been in use for over 6 months...that's another thing that is NOT listed in the warranty. So, I sold it on craigslist and now I have enough to get a Life Saber and join club LSV. Not trying to be a pax hater but I'm just trying to raise awareness that it really isn't worth 250.

2. I'm confused, why didn't you have the unit repaired?

3. Because I didn't want the vape anymore. The point is that they lied through their teeth in the warranty. I realized that I wasted a lot of money. No conduction vape should be that expensive.

4. Agreed.

5. Never tried one, but everyone I've talked to, said its like sucking thru a thick milkshake.

That would give me a headache after a while. LSV, nice unit. Been wanting one, myself.

6. My good friend has the PAX and at first i thought it was a really great device. However it broke in less then a week and the vapor quality of this device was usually poor. Most people could barely hit this thing because either their lips got burnt or they didn't have the patients to get a good draw. I love my solo though aha my bf so pissed

7. Apology accepted. ;)

8. #8 BCVapo, Mar 23, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 23, 2013
    I'm still in honeymoon period with my new Solo, but I believe my next "low cost" unit may be an LSV, I like them.

Also, I believe the Pax is a decent example of cashing in on the Apple craze along with the exploding portable vape scene. Good idea, but they were missing the QA of the product.

9. Agreed. I noticed that the flavor of the weed goes away maybe like 4-5 hits into the bowl. I mean it is convenient, and portable, etc...but the product definitely lost it's functioning power after six months and the people at PAX should be ashamed because they lied through their teeth in the warranty! A customer service employee even admitted it to me. A scamming company like that, in my opinion, can't have a product that can be 100% satisfying and trusted.

10. They advertise 10 years too right?

Of course even if your unit was working fine, what happens when the battery dies from "normal use," I'm sure they charge a fee to replace that battery too, probably a pretty steep fee

I like the size/portability of them, but thats about it

11. Just playing devil's advocate here. Instead of having them repair the device under warranty, you chose not to? Sounds like you should have it fixed, if they fail to fix it to your satisfaction, then you'll actually have a case for getting a refund. If you feel like they are breaking the terms of the warranty, there are a number of consumer advocate groups that would be happy to help you. Honestly I don't like to see posts like this, with people unsatisfied with their expensive purchase. But the owness is on you to get whats yours, they aren't going to hand it to you on a silver platter,
    you need to demand it.

Edit: just read that you sold yours. hopefully you have a better experience with your next vape.

12. He's getting an LSV so I have no doubt that he will have a better experience than he had with the Pax.

13. I hear the term "convection" and "conduction" vape thrown around. Can somebody explain?

And yes lol. The pax is sexy and would work if you are trying to get a stoner girl all over you. But the harsh truth is that I tried my friends' pax and my other friends' airzer solo. The solo outperformed the pax hardcore. The pax is sexy, I can agree to that. but at essense, I had an overall more pleasant experience with the solo. A big plus with the pax is portability though. Solo is still better in my book tho

14. Conduction is direct contact heating, like a screen heating up. Convection is indirect contact heating, it heats moving air around it and shoots it at your herbs. :wave:

15. I haven't looked into that thing much but it seems like the iphone of vapes - overpriced and not worth it

16. Yes, and high maintenance

17. I just wanted to get out of having to deal with it. I figured they would receive it and then say that it was my fault or it is "natural degradation." Once I realized that they lied to me about the warranty I realized that I wanted nothing more to do with them as a company. I'm onto a better vaporizer.

18. If you like the LSV you should try the Solo, it's a lot like it, except portable. :D

19. I don't think its a lot like it. Both produce high quality vapor, but they're quite different ime.

20. I've tried it and I like it a lot, actually.