Microbes organic ramblings! VERT/SIP

Discussion in 'Organic Grow Journals' started by BulbaStoned, Mar 21, 2013.

1. I store my syrup at room temperature and have been using it for a year with no problems.  This reduction takes 4-6 weeks, not a few days.  Prepare a batch and sit it in the back forty for a month or more until all plant material becomes unrecognizable goop, then strain and store.   I add the leftover mash to the compost pile.

PW

2. Hope alls well bulba ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1407548822.137303.jpg

CW

3. Bulbastoned! Lol. I must be getting old... I just saw a commercial for the old Pokemon TV show.. it is now airing on the Boomerang channel with Yogi Bear and the Jetsons :eek:

TJ

4. DQ 4

Attached Files:

5. DQ 6

Attached Files:

6. DQ 2

Attached Files:

7. Daaaaamn maaaan!!! Those girls look like they stink! :lol: #6 is stacked for a long ass bud!

8. Hell ya, she's just chugging a long hasn't really stopped but hasn't really exploded either.

Those pictures are 48hrs after a sst2, only thing I've noticed is they like to yellow out early.

Its been a problem with my mix lately

9. It's crazy how that's been a problem for a few people this week. You're like the fourth person this week who has talked about yellow leaves. All different strains amd breeders though.

10. I'm thinking it has to do with the cold setting in. I remmeber CD had that issue and once I point out the temps it seemed to go away.

Sent from my LGMS659 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

11. I know them low temps will do some things with the N. The ones I had outdoor last year had leaves that were super black. Would've looked cool if the buds had time to get thick before it happened.

12. Looks like I'll have to rig all the sip buckets to a res And heat that. 23Watts is hella better then the 900 for a heater!

Looks like I'll have to pick up some alfalfa meal in the meantime.

13. I've wondered if one could use alfalfa or something that gets hot to warm up a soil without going too hot. Is that what you're looking to do?

14. Nah, I've tried lol stunts growth if it's too hot.

I was talking about supplementing N with an old fashion tea.

15. #1435 3Deez, Nov 27, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 27, 2014
    Ah I gotcha now. Took me a bit....I'm pretty baked right now, lol.

16. #1436 Tree dogg, Nov 27, 2014
    I have read, in an Eliot Coleman book I think, that old timers maybe in France used to compost in their greenhouses to keep temps up during winter.  Here's a link from a quick goo-gle (that's French) search. 
    http://homeguides.sfgate.com/use-compost-heat-greenhouses-31769.html

17. Funny you say that Tree, I recently met a guy that has a very large crete pit that he has landscapers fill with large waste and he composts it for heat. He runs a large amount of copper piping for heat exchange.

Seems it's really catching on in Russia right now, cool stuff and seems like it wouldn't be bad if you could use it for only winter.

Hmppp I wonder how much heat a 5gal of composting alfalfa will create....

18. #1438 cdphalanx, Nov 27, 2014
    As I was reading the posts before this I was thinking " it's cold it's cold, remember!" Lol

Good to see you around dude... #letssmoke

19. I get wheels Monday man so it will be on!

20. Happy Thanksgiving.  Hopefully someone is cooking for you for a change!  :yummy: