Massahusetts laws

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by nuggenator, Mar 21, 2013.

1. Can someone explain to me all the legalities and what's up with the new medical laws in mass?

2. Marijuana Possesion is decriminalized in Mass up to 1oz. The mmj laws went into effect Jan 1st but the regulations surrounding the law haven't been set yet and won't be until the end of May (even though the deadline was May 1st)

3. There are currently 3 med centers in MA that will issue medical "cards." CannaMed in Framingham, MedMar in Woburn, and I haven't been able to personally confirm the third. I attached a link to the entire law on Marijuana in MA, both MedMar and CannMed have it posted on their pages.

Massachusetts Medical Marijuana Laws Article 48 | Medical Marijuana Laws

4. The Massachusetts Department of Public Health (DPH) is in the process of developing the regulations for the entire program. They've given themselves until May 1, 2013 to do this but they've already delayed once (it was supposed to be January, initially) so hopefully they won't do it again. Until the regulations are officially released, it's anyone's guess how the program will exactly be for potential dispensaries, cultivators, delivery services and patients. They will be holding public hearings about it and you can read more about its official regulatory timeline here.
    [​IMG]

5. Thanks for all the info!

6. Getting closer.  First dispensary is supposed to open summer 2015.  

Still very unclear as to how to get meds in the meantime if you can't grow your own.

Seems like doctors are still gun-shy to give recommendations so it is places like CannaMed to the rescue.  From my experience they do take this seriously so don't waste your time if you can't show a real need.

Of course, going full legalization might get things moving faster (although I have seen some who say could make things worse for legitimate qualified patients).  Make your voice heard either way on that:

State Rep: https://secure2.convio.net/mpp/site/Advocacy?cmd=display&page=UserAction&id=3111
    Governor: http://www.mass.gov/governor/constituent-services/contact-governor-office/ (You can use the sample text from the first link as your comment or use your own words.)