Battlefield 4

Discussion in 'Gamer's Heartbeat' started by redhat11, Mar 21, 2013.

1. #21 thayil, Mar 24, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 24, 2013
    ^ yup, really hope they reverse the trend of smaller maps (or pointlessly big given all flags are in the same area)/fewer vehicles/less teamplay emphasis.

2. A mod on the EA forums (doesn't give him much more credibility) said consoles will be 32 players.

And a gaming website that got a preview said it ran 1080 on PS4 at 60 frames/sec

3. i heard its going to be 32 for the ps3/360 and 64 for ps4/"720" and PC

4. do people still play battlefield 2?

5. [quote name='"MoonBeams"']do people still play battlefield 2?[/quote]

Yes.

The game still has a followinh

6. They have some cool mods for BF2 as well.

Project Reality was pretty tight

7. Preview out now, I'd link it but I'm on my phone :laughing:

17 minute uncut video on battlefield.com

8. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8HVQXkeU8U]Battlefield 4: Official 17 Minutes "Fishing in Baku" Gameplay Reveal - YouTube[/ame]

Tuck your boners in.

9. doesn't look too bad at all.

doesn't look like anything new or groundbreaking either. it could definitely pass as BF3 2.0

the video was pretty typical all the way up until the building started to collapse, everything after that was fuckin awesome. didn't really like getting my eardrums destroyed by the heavy bass though. why do games and movies do that now??? what the fuck happened to actual intense music instead of distorted heavy bass lol

the main story looks promising, but i've been mislead before from bf3's campaign previews so i guess we'll see. also the whole russians as the main antagonists has become such a very tired and old idea.

battle of duty, modern warfare: spec ops 4 warfighter - the game

CUMING SOON

10. I'll definitely buy this game and probably love the hell out of it, but I can't agree more. Soooooo many combat/tactical/warfare shooters nowadays. I miss the arena shooters (Unreal Tournament, Quake, Tribes, etc...) of yesterday. :(

11. #31 thezool, Mar 27, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2013
    The reload animations haven't even changed, that's when you can tell it's not going to be all that different. Not that I'm complaining, BF3 is an incredible game, so a more refined version will do me just fine!

I want multiplayer footage though.

Single player sells the game, multiplayer keeps people playing the game. Not one of my friends IRL plays games online more often than an hour or 2 a week, but they all play the single player portions of games.

12. ive had bf3 for a couple years... n only played the first original maps..

im guessin im missin out?

13. Yeah you are.

14. Helll yeahhh lol

15. no you are not

16. Was looking at the pre order page on Battlefield.com and it said BF4 is powered by Frostbite 3.0 :yay:

Holding off on pre order though, want it on next gen console. Can only pre order for regular console now

17. Battlefield 4 is not coming to next gen consoles, y does everyone think it is? It's coming out on match for ps3-360

18. Omega369 :wave:

Attached Files:

19. definitely agree. black ops campaign was shit cause it switched around a lot but bf3 wasn't as bad but i didn't like it switching around a lot either.

Bringing the best of multiplayer into single player
    Battlefield 4 is a seminal moment for the series and for us at DICE. We have long been known for our award-winning multiplayer. This time around, we are bringing the best elements of our multiplayer into the single player campaign.
    This means that gamers will experience huge environments, a playground of destruction, access to an arsenal of vehicles, and the ability to direct squad mates – all within the single player campaign. Battlefield 4 is our most human, dramatic, and believable game yet, powered with our proprietary Frostbite™ 3 engine. This is the engine that will let you own land, sea and air.

i just watched the 17min video of a level. and it seems they live up to what they said. the campaign looks awesome.