Are we underestimating the threat of power companies ratting you out?

Discussion in 'Security' started by Androidas, Mar 16, 2013.

1. And honestly how in the fuck could that not be enough? Beyond that and/or medical grows youz just being a greedy bitch and need to slow your roll before Johnny law bores you a new one. And greedy fuckers ALWAYS get pinched eventually...

slow your roll before Johnny law bores you a new one - dude, your posts make smile.

Oh yeah, I posted that last night. I laughed after I read what I typed "talk to your parents into going solar" ??? Wth was I saying? I must of been not right at the moment - I'm still smiling over that one. We'll have this a time or two in a forum like this.

;-)

2. Man I used to feel so secure that a high electric bill would never get me looked at. Now I'm not so sure. No one on my street knows I grow yet there's a rumor going around that someone on my street is being looked at for a high electric bill.
    I have had a super high electric bill for about five years. I've been growing for at least that long what's the chances five years later they're looking at me.
    I don't know how true the rumor is since it came from a guy who's a total fucking liar and a shitbag on dope.
    His story before the police comment was he got caught with a forty cal glock because a guy who robbed a bank car jacked him and put the gun to his head then he calle nine one one and let the cops listen they pulled him over caught the robber and the cops let him go all they did was follow him home so he could give them his ammo and extra clips. Total fucking bullshit story. He already had a gun charge there's no fucking way city cops would let him go after catching him with an illegal forty. And none of that ever made the paper
    So I don't know how true his story about the cops watching a house is
    He walks up and says can I get him a gun. I say no he then asks if I can find heroin. I say no. He then asks if I can find pills which I then tell him get away from me so all those questions and then he follows up with yeah the cops thought it was him because he was growing twelve plants. Oh by the way do I grow grass?
    Dude get the fuck out of my yard and don't come back.
    I felt like two things. Either he was trying to set me up and rat me out. Or he was trying to find out if I had anything worth stealing.
    Next time I see him anywhere near my house the neighbor and I are having a good talking with him.
    I took down about ten plants that day and left six babies I'm seriously debating killing them all off
    He's never had any reason to think I grow and also I've never sold any of the wee I've ever grown. I don't have traffic at my house so if the cops watch me they'll see me smoking weed in my yard and playing with my kids and going to work then home. I don't go near any trouble and I can imagine why the cops would look at me but I'm still scared

3. Thanks all for sharing.
    I am also glad some people found some of the info I quoted, as helpful
    Peace

how much would it cost me to run a generator compared to burning licity?
    Anyone knows natural gas or propane generators that could supply ~20kW?

4. #24 Androidas, Apr 13, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 13, 2013
    To all the haters: Keep telling nice stories to yourself and consider me paranoid.
    Everyone chooses their own reality and explanations.

I have a family and kids and stuff. I don't want to ruin it all.
    It's better to be safe than sorry.

However, sometimes it is smart to start scheming before shit becomes legal - then you have more chances of making a living once shit hits the fan

I am looking into renting some industrial property that would qualify for time-of-a-day service - when licity is like x5 cheaper at night. Fuck grow houses

5. Companies just want to make money, they don't think "Shit, this is a really profitable consumer for us, lets dig deeper into this!"

Plus a lot of things draw a lot of power. Air conditioning, hot tubs, some elaborate aquarium setups, etc.

I'm not even growing and I pull about 2x the power of my neighbors.

6. So all of you are telling me that that article I posted is bogus? A product of someone's imagination?

7. Workers get recognition and bonuses from the popo for locating criminals, and also from their bosses for locating and eliminating leaks. To say that they have no inclination to rat is ignoring the facts

8. #28 Botanical Lift, Apr 13, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2013
    Seriously a few hundred a mo you say? You have nothing to worry about as far as electricity usage goes. Like I said cops cannot get a warrant for simple electricity usage, they need other evidence to gain probable cause/get a warrant.

It can get you put under a microscope, get you investigated and they will bust that cherry ass if they find trash, stink, a rat w/e. But a few hundred bucks worth of electricity a month is not going to get a judge to issue a search warrant. They know even if they do bust you, a defense lawyer will trash that case right out the window before they finish their morning coffee.

They absolutely need more than a few hundred bucks a month in juice being used to do anything but investigate, so if you are worried they are investigating you keep your shit wired tight.

And remember....NEVER open the door for cops....go around back and meet them out front if you must..but never and I mean NEVER open the door for a cop (unless you really want to risk it b/c you need them I suppose) if they knew they wouldn't be knocking. If they are close enough to do a knock and greet...I would say it's coming down around you and to pack up shop ASAP...blend your girls up, flush them and sit tight while the shit storm blows over.

9. Once you get on their radar, they can monitor your texts, they FLIR your house, get your cellphone position history (no need for warrants), they are likely to stop you and search your car. If they want to arrest you - it's easy - they can act on "an anonymous tip" or "smell" marijuana from the street and get a warrant easy - bullshit is real.

Yeah, I am planning on easy ways to pack and transport right now.
    I see Barry Cooper and related shit at least once a month

10. #30 420patient, Apr 14, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 14, 2013
    I know the feeling man, false alarm in my book hope the same in your's. And sorry for the lost plants. :( I hate crack heads, keep that trash away from you and yours.

11. #31 Botanical Lift, Apr 14, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2013
    Then don't grow...it's a risk that will never go away so long as it is prohibited and prosecuted under the law. The only way to be 100% is to not do it. Kinda like fucking....I don't want HIV/Herp...but I love pussy so I wrap it up and only snack out on her if we have gotten screened and taken care of BC. Wouldn't you know I made it through 8 years in the army fucking everything with a pulse and a wet spot from Germany to Korea and all the good ol' corn feed poon tang across M'urikuh I could get and not 1 infection, not 1 pregnancy bu sticking to those rules. Fucking love condoms and STD testing....go modern debauchery!!

My point is it's allllllll risk management man....but there is still is and always will be a risk. Same with growing...carrying a gun...eating food you didn't prepare...driving a car or any other bazzilion things people do every day. I mean every time I pull the trigger on my welder the little spinning disk in my meter shoots sparks off the side of the house it accelerates so fast.

But keeping your Juice bill under 5-600 bucks a month goes a long ways to staying off the radar simply b/c there are so many fucking things that could reasonably rack up a few hundred a mo without anything else to support the claims most cops would laugh at a 500 doll bill say "Sucks for them!" and not give it another thought. 1000, 1500 a month? Good odd's esp if you ever go late on it. Toss in stank/trash man complains...cops will be all over that.

Stay small (Don't get greedy), keep your shit picked up, don't advertise and keep your odor under control...that's about as safe as you can get.

12. Get a mini-fridge or something with similar wattage.  Set it on a timer opposite of your light schedule.  Only one will ever be on at any given time.  Yes, your electric bill will be higher, but the patter will no longer be apparent.  Would this work?