Children Ate Pot Brownies at elementary school

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by retreat, Mar 15, 2013.

1. #1 retreat, Mar 15, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2013
    This is the best way to get legalization and access: Impossible..

Pomona Elementary School Students Eat Pot-Laced Brownie; Seven Sent To Hospital
    From teh Huffington Post

Posted: 03/13/2013 12:01 pm EDT | Updated: 03/14/2013 6:27 pm EDT

Please read and help keep MMJ out of the hands of children...Pomona Elementary School Students Eat Pot-Laced Brownie; Seven Sent To Hospital
    Pomona Elementary School Students Eat Pot-Laced Brownie; Seven Sent To Hospital \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t[/B]

\t \t\t\t\t[​IMG] \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\tSeven students were hospitalized Tuesday after they allegedly ate a marijuana Laced Brownies....\tboys and one girl at a Costa Mesa, Calif. elementary school were hospitalized after another student allegedly gave them a pot-laced brownie.
    Firefighters were called when seven children landed in the Pomona Elementary School nurses office Tuesday, complaining of difficulty breathing, nausea and vomiting, the Fountain Valley Patch reported. The kids were between 10 and 12 years old, according to the Associated Press.
    The sixth-grader who brought the brownie allegedly didn't tell the other children of the treat's special ingredient before they took bites. The student allegedly passed the brownie around during mid-morning recess, according to NBC 4 News. When one student noted that it tasted funny, the brownie's owner revealed that it'd been drugged.
    Fred Seguin, Costa Mesa Fire Department Battalion Chief, said all seven kids were taken to a nearby hospital for treatment and then released to their parents, the Los Angeles Times reported.
    Pomona Elementary School Principal Megan Brown notified parents of the incident in an email. She said counselors would be available to students and a meeting with parents on drug-use would be scheduled. She asked that the students' identities be kept confidential.
    Costa Mesa Police are still investigating the incident.

2. is it MMJ or not? and they put labels on their stuff, so it's fear mongering.

3. Why would you waste a brownie like that, smh.

4. So the fuck what? These children got to experience something ethereal beyond their knowledge. Good for them.

5. "returning to school the next day, all seven students had been suspended for breaking the schools zero tolerance drug use policy."

I can see it now

6. If a 10 year old has pot brownies and weed in his backsack; It is NOT medicinal marijuana. An Adult at least 8 years older needs to possess it.

Yeh, I agree, teach kids to have fun at an early age and make them live 200 years with the proper balance of their bodies endocannabinoid system. But, we aren't there yet.

The News helicopter put it on the local news and showed the kids being sick, etc with fuss on their faces. The parents interviewed of other kids, etc.

This is not Fear Mongering; California is a legal MMJ state and the publicity is very kind about it and not Pro or Con, when reporting, just simple facts.

On Jimmy Kimmel last night the California State Lt Gov. (republican) said he recently became PRO marijuana and pro tax it. Pretty darn good for California, he needs to talk to our Democratic Govenor and get it legalized, no bull, just do it with a stroke of the pen.

I am stoned, hope it made sense.

7. #7 RichardDean, Mar 15, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2013
    Kids can bring other drugs and alcohol to school as well no need to throw negative energy on ganja. It was a humans decision to allow these young kids toingest what they did. Luckily it was just a pot brownie and not something serious. If anything proves how harmless it is, noone died. They experienced what happens when u ingest too strong an edible. If they ingested too much alcohol, pharmies, or hard drugs it would be seven kids dead, not seven kids hospitalized cause they dont know what eating weed feels like. Lol please people are smart enough to know the truth.

8. Ya, and edibles are the heaviest form of THC intake. I can't say how strong these were, but i can say you won't see some 10 year olds slam a bottle down and be "Released to their parents later on that day". Also......why the fuck does the kid have/know how to take pot brownies?

9. Thats the true question inany situation like this. Where is the parents? Im a father of a almost 4 year old and u better believe I pay attention to what he does to a T.

10. Damn that's right next to me.

Well, I know where to look when I need some edibles. :laughing:

11. And yet we hand kids ADD/ADHD drugs all day long.

When considering the dangers of the prescription drugs we hand out to kids like candy these days, please spare me the "won't someone think of the children" line.:rolleyes:

I do see your point here, but just because a medicinal brownie is in the hands of a 10 year old doesn't change what the brownie is. It is still medicine. It's merely the wrong dosage.

I believe we already have read about stories of parents who have petitioned to give their underage kids MMJ due to actual valid medical conditions.

As the popularity of using MMJ grows, I fail to see why arguably the most harmless substance on the planet needs to have an 18-and-up sticker when dosed properly and used as medicine.

12. Honestly, the parents probably made/bought the edibles and the kid snatched them to seem cool at school. Most likely thing I can think of anyway

13. More ammo for the anti-movement. Great. People need to keep their shit together. The press is foaming at the mouth to find salacious stories like this and the establishment would like nothing more than to quote stories like this to further their anti cannabis agenda. We dont hear about the kids who OD on Tylenol or have a bad reaction to prescription drugs because big pharma likes it that way. Pot smokers need to be on their p's and q's so we dont lose the easily swayed middle of the road voters who are seeing thus type of crap on television.

14. Hahahahaha, funniest shit ever! How many children died eh? Anyone get a total count on how many children died? No? Nobody?

15. I don't think we can talk about kids getting high :laughing:

16. Kids on a fucking stretcher for cannabis?
    That's just fucking rediculous. They're behaving as if they've been poisoned...it's fucking marijuana...ride it out, enjoy it and don't let it happen again until you're older. FFS...

17. LOL, ride it out? The kids are in elementary school man. yeah Im sure you were all hip and cool smoking in 5th grade, but kids brains develop at different rates. Said they were throwing up, dizzy, ect. If they had no idea what was going on, chance it could be serious. Not like they "let" it happen, they ate a dang brownie.

18. [​IMG]

They got sick! And they're children!

And this is what happens when shit is illegal like this.

I think of pill bottles with safety caps and labels - AND RESPONSIBILITY. IF this were legal and regulated, it probably wouldn't have happened and if it would have, it's still part of the deal.

How many kids bring ciggs or alcohol to school? Or worse?

19. Must have been some good ass weed. Hahahaha i got some of that put u out on a stretcher weed in my bong right now. My moby dick from dinafem strkong stuff:eek:

20. What on Earth are you talking about? Yes, RIDE IT OUT! What you think they got to the hospital and the doctors gave them some magic drug? No, all they probably did was put them on a saline bag and told them to...GOT TO SLEEP! Duh, the same thing we all do when we consume too much weed, we sleep it off. Dizzy? You mean a 5th grader doesn't know how to describe being stoned? Of course they're throwing up the teachers probably scared the shit out of them, like you're trying to do now. Except you have no idea what you're talking about...