Will weed be legal in The UK soon?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Legalization' started by NeverMind94, Mar 14, 2013.

1. So how many of you are actually making a fuss about getting cannabis legal? :hello: Or are you one of the many who just sit and moan and groan over the situation? :cool:

Ever written to a politician? :confused_2: Do you even comment in the news? :) Sent an anonymous letter and articles to an ailing relative about how cannabis can help them? :confused:

Look, your politicians are not totally insane! When they see how cannabis can help THEM (not you, peon! :cool:), they will begin to see the light! So put a few quotes in your letters to them to show them what cannabis can do, besides get you high! :smoking: These are two of my favorites, since everyone fears cancer and Alzheimer's!

Marijuana May Slow Alzheimer's (news - 2006)
    Marijuana May Slow Alzheimer's

“THC blocks an enzyme called acetylcholinesterase, which speeds the formation of amyloid plaque in the brains of people with Alzheimer's disease. The Alzheimer's drugs Aricept and Cognex work by blocking acetylcholinesterase. When tested at DOUBLE the concentration of THC, Aricept blocked plaque formation only 22% as well as THC, and Cognex blocked plaque formation only 7% as well as THC.” (emphasis mine)

Pot compound seen as tool against cancer (news – 2012)
    Pot compound seen as tool against cancer - SFGate

“When McAllister and Desprez exposed the cells to cannabidiol in a petri dish, the cells not only stopped acting "crazy" but they also started to revert to a normal state… The researchers stressed cannabidiol works only on cancer cells that have these high levels of ID-1 and these do not include all cancerous tumors but, rather, aggressive, metastatic cells. But they've found such high levels in leukemia, colorectal, pancreatic, lung, ovarian, brain and other cancers.”

If their beloved "Aunt Rose" has been stricken with breast cancer, or they have noticed troubling memory lapses, THEN they will listen to the facts about cannabis! It is a matter of catching them at the right moment, so you have to keep writing them until that moment occurs!

My "Granny Storm Crow's List" can provide you with many more quotable articles to educate your politicians, friends and relatives with! To get your free copy, check the bottom of my sig and send me an email! :D

Granny :wave:

2. Nah your right, they're not exactly for it, it would take years to see any change. But I think decriminalisation isn't too far fetched, if enough people made it heard that they wanted it.

I've sent countless numbers of emails and letters to local MP's and to those a little higher up the chain. Most receive no reply even when chased up, unfortunately.

It'll take time, I think anyway, for this way of thinking to subside in the UK, it's not even remotely similar to the US right now. We can't open dispensaries under State law, and then hope the Federal side of the law don't bust us. There's no state laws as such to protect separate regions, so we can't go down that route. Public opinion on marijuana is still very outdated too, the media haven't helped this matter.

Maybe in 5-10 years time when a lot of the current politicians are no longer around, things may move in a slightly different direction. I hardly know anyone who doesn't smoke, let alone have a problem with it, so who knows what the future holds.

Just let me grow my plants in peace, that's all I really want. I don't want to have to buy it off dealers anymore, and I don't want the next generation having to that either:smoke::wave:

3. I sent off an email to a few local MP/MSP in Scotland yesterday and one to Alex Salmond a few weeks ago which undoubtedly received no reply...

I have often thought about what difference an independent Scotland would be on this matter but I find it impossible to come to a reasonable conclusion as they seem confused enough trying to explain how an independent Scotland would run its economy, defence etc. I do believe that the lack of conservative support in scotland would make it more likely but how long this would all take is alot longer than I had hoped for such a ridiculous law to be removed.

I think the UK's stance was made quite clear recently when the charity Crimestoppers recently spent god knows how much money on "scratch n sniff" cards that contained the smell of weed so that people would be able to tell if they recognise the smell from a neighbours grow or something, totally ridiculous and a total waste of money.

4. From what i read about snp they have no interest or plans to legalise it. i think the ssp support it. dont know if theyre still going

5. U bet your ass it will, mark my words

Sent from my iPhone using Special Stoner Powers

6. Do you remember when princess Di died? There was no flag at half mast and Queen Elizabeth didn't give a damn. The British Commonwealth revolted. The next thing you know the flag was fixed and the Queen paid her respects.

You can do the same thing with weed legalization in England. Good luck!!